learning languages

Vanity

hey kiddies..

im looking to learn some non-english languages, and wa slooking for some advice..

of course, just moving to a different county would be best, but i'm not ready for that.

i know some spanish, so i figured that might be a good place to start.

do those tapes work at all?

any books/sites worth checking out?

im not gonna pay for a class

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you already have a basic understanding of spanish and conjugations and whatnot, build your vocabulary with those cheesy flash card sets you can buy in college bookstores and watch the spanish channel all the time. when i had this big presentation in my spanish class, i watched telemundo and listened to spanish radio for three days straight. it fucking works, you even start thinking in spanish after a while.

i started learning japanese years ago w/audio learning cds and books. then moved up to (best decision i ever made) college textbooks that the japanese class uses. i just recently bought the jap IV book plus a new kanji book at a used college book store for 75$. its worth it.

You can learn any language in High School but the only thing is that you have to have a good teacher......I had a old ass white guy for my spanish teacher and all he did was pass out work sheets.....Needless to say i never learned but in summer school i learned mad spanish.....I only have problems forming complete sentences.......

As for the teacher, he was arrested the following year on sexual abuse charges with a freshman..........

After you turned 8-years-old, the window for learning new languages have closed. Therefore, no matter what you learn, you will most likely have a funny American accent to go along with it, especially if English is the only language you speak.

Getting a spanish girl is a great idea. My best-friend has been dating an Italian guy for over 2 years, and now she speaks fluent (no not just some cute words or sentences) I mean FLUENT Italian.

finding yourself a girl who speaks a language you want to learn is a good idea. i lived with my ex at her parents house (filipino household) for a long time and could understand almost everything that was said in tagalog (even though her parents didn't think so) without making a real effort to 'learn' the language.

Archived