Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

le cordon bleu menu

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jah, Aug 12, 2002.

1. jah

jah Elite Member

ive decided to use 12oz to help me study and give you some gourmet french recipes. im going to post the menus i learn everyday to help me remember them better (and because im bored). so heres todays:

CHICKEN EN COCOTTE GRAND MERE:

whole chicken 1 x No. 4
    butter 15g

1.truss chicken

2. saute in butter till golden brown on all sides.

3. finish cooking in oven for 30-40 min (or until cooked all the way through) @ 180 deg C

Garnish:

streaky bacon 75g
    button mushrooms 75 g
    baby onions 70g
    butter 15g
    sugar tblspn
    salt pinch

1. cook onions in pot with water (just enough to cover the onions), sugar, salt, and butter. remove onions when soft and keep warm. reduce the mix in the pot to a glaze, put onions in glaze until caramelised and glazed.

2. blanch bacon (cut into small strips-thickness x 1/2 cm). drain, saute in butter (15g).

3. saute mushrooms.

Jus (sauce):

white wine, dry 50 ml
    veal stock (or chicken stock if veal isnt available) 75 ml
    butter 15g
    salt
    pepper

1. when chicken is done cooking, remove from roasting dish and pour off excess fat from roasting tray into a pot. deglaze the roasting tray with white wine and pour in the pot with the excess fat.

2. add stock and bring to boil. reduce by half.

3. whisk in butter (cut into small pieces).

put chicken on plate with garnish around it. pour sauce on top and garnish everything with finely chopped parsley. (make sure you coordinate everything so its all done around serving time)

WARM GOAT CHEESE SALAD (its actually really good):

goat cheese 100g
    walnut oil 1 1/2 L
    rosemary 1 bunch
    basil 1 bunch
    thyme few
    bay leaves few
    salt
    ground pepper

1. marinate cheese in metallic container in walnut oil (1/2 L should do), rosemary, thyme and bay leaves. cover. marinate for 6 hours.

2. drain cheese, arrange on baking tray. reserve flavored oil (marinade).

Dressing:

whole grain mustard 15g
    dijon mustard 15g
    shallot 1/2
    garlic 1/2 - 1 clove
    red wine vinegar 30ml

1. mix everything together (finely chopped shallots and garlic(also VERY finely chopped. almost paste)) with walnut oil (90 ml) and season with salt and white pepper.

Salad:

oak leaf 1/4 head
    radicchio 1/4 head
    chervil 1/4 bunch
    tarragon 1/4 bunch
    chives 1/4 bunch

chop chives into manageable size pieces. mix everything together and place neatly on plates.

Croutons:

french roll 1/2

1. cut crust off roll. cut thickness to about 3/4 inch thick. bake in over for about 10 minutes (or until hard but not colored). take out of oven, cut so cheese will fit on top. put cheese on top and put under a grill until cheese is golden brown or soft (not runny or melting) and bread is brown (but not burnt).

put cheese (on top of crouton) on plate with the salad and sprinkle dressing on salad and around crouton. serve warm. (once again, make sure everything comes together around the same time)

CREME CARAMEL:

sugar 100g
    water 60 ml

1. place sugar and 40ml (!) of water in sugar-boiling pan and bing to boil. cook until it reduces to a golden brown caramel (about the color of light honey). take off heat. add the other 20 ml of water (make sure its warm) to caramel immediately (should sitll be boiling) and let settle a little until caramel color and pour into bottoms of 8 dariole molds.

cream 250ml
    milk 250ml
    vanilla pod 1
    eggs 4
    egg yolks 4
    sugar 115g

2. warm milk, cream, and vanilla pod. mix eggs, yolks, and sugar in bowl and add milk while still warm. stir together until mixed. strain through fine strainer and fill the molds (with caramel already at the bottom) with mixture.

3. place molds in a deep baking tray (porceline or metal). fill to half way up the molds with warm water. put in oven at 165 deg C for 35-40 min. take out of oven, remove molds from tray, let refrigerate overnight. serve on plate. (just turn molds over and shake/work them out upsidedown onto plate). they should be firm and smooth without bubbles and a little jiggly.

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

FIRST! Sounds exquisite!

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

jah, you made me feel hungry, and i just finished dinner!

4. greedy mars

greedy mars Guest

oh yes.. french food

5. avils

avils Senior Member

jah, buy some paint and go wasting, you sick bastard.

:huh?:

6. Stapler

Stapler Guest

This is actually a god thread, it is a bit off the normal lines of threads. But think all those of you who live alone or share a flat you could LEARN SOMETHING VALUABLE AND TASTEY [if cheap very useable multiple times]. BUMP FOR JAH`s recipes

7. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

one big old stomach rumbling bump!

8. jah

jah Elite Member

thanx boys. therell be more tomorrow. and ive got four weeks worth to make up so therell be lots more.....if there are terms you dont understand, ask me and ill define them. i have ot memorise them too....

peace

9. avils

avils Senior Member

i have a question.. whats a 'cordon bleu' ?

nyuk nyuk nyuk

10. jah

jah Elite Member

hahaha. its a french school dude, "bleu" is frech for blue. jokes on you kid....

11. avils

avils Senior Member

okay, so what is a 'frech' ?? see above.

yahooooooo ladies and gentleman, i give you - 12oz's funniest member.. avilsonerismster

really, i'm just looking for attention.

12. jah

jah Elite Member

"frech" is russian for "french".....

13. avils

avils Senior Member

yo when i first asked what cordon bleu was, i wasnt implying it was a typo, i just wanted to look like a complete fucking dickhead... i guess i succeeded.

14. DOLR....LED

DOLR....LED Member

15. jah

jah Elite Member

1500!

just thought id hit 1500 before i go to sleep. fuck! i have to get up in less than 5 hours to go to the fish market! more shit tomorrow....