lay ups

Guest NEW2FR8s

Guest NEW2FR8s

aight, ive hit yards a few times but im not to quik wit my can control on pieces, i can hit up a yard wit throwies all night and not draw any attention or heat my way but when i try to do a piece it seems like it takes a dick year and every bull in the yard starts to come my way, so i need to find a nice layup some were so i can hit some pieces and not have to rush so i can get my can control crisp and still fast. and that way when i go to the yard i dont have to worrie about heating it up for the other writers that go there. so my question is how do i find a layup and whats the best way to go about hittin them and hows security on them just about any gerneral info you can give me will help, if you dont want to post that info on the forum for public acces reasons (seein how any one can come on here and read it) just email me at CLUEone@aol.com

Well later, CLUEone DScru 502.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest bigdork

like anybody else that started painting before the internet, explore, talk to other writers (in person), paint alot of crap. etc etc...

how about before you destroy a bunch of freights, why dont you learn some can control on walls like the rest of the free world? trains arent expendable canvases with a limitless suply. anyone that lives in a major city knows that its becoming increasingly more difficult to find open panels and people have only been painting them hard for roughly 3 years. ten years from now, there wont be anything clean... besides the fact that you really dont want toy shit rolling around the country giving people their first taste of your name... and finally, if you go into a yard hitting every car with throws like you said, your gonna heat it out. so learn some ettiquette, learn soem can control, then go back to the trains... im not saying this stuff being mean, just saying it cause obviously no one has said it before and its something everyone needs to hear...

plus, people keep asking how to find lay ups and shit.

drive along the line for christ's sake. everyone has to take some time to learn their area. this shit takes time. walk the line. . . .forever. . .until you find something. . . .then keep walking

Guest NEW2FR8s

yo, ive painted walls for sometime now, i can burn some walls, but for all that paints trains they know damn well that its way different, those new trains are finshed and there slick as fuck so you gotta go slower to keep from dripps and mist and to get your out line crisp is harder than a wall, plus unless i gotta nice low wall or a legal wall i do a simple piece or bomb it im wantin to bust some wildstyles on da trains. and when i said i can run threw the yard bustin throwies i was just using that as a figure of speach meaning that its not that i cant get in the yard and im not scared and shit like that its just my can control on trains. well any way this is gettin nothing but negative feedbac, and i see were you all are comin from thow so ill just leave this thread alone, i found a chill layup. everything is straight. thanks for any constructive critisism givien. later.

Originally posted by NEW2FR8s

yo, ive painted walls for sometime now, i can burn some walls, but for all that paints trains they know damn well that its way different, those new trains are finshed and there slick as fuck so you gotta go slower to keep from dripps and mist and to get your out line crisp is harder than a wall, plus unless i gotta nice low wall or a legal wall i do a simple piece or bomb it im wantin to bust some wildstyles on da trains. and when i said i can run threw the yard bustin throwies i was just using that as a figure of speach meaning that its not that i cant get in the yard and im not scared and shit like that its just my can control on trains. well any way this is gettin nothing but negative feedbac, and i see were you all are comin from thow so ill just leave this thread alone, i found a chill layup. everything is straight. thanks for any constructive critisism givien. later.

What, in God's name, are you fucking talking about?

I'm not even going to remark on your utterly backward logic dealing with the properties of different surfaces. You might give highschool a second shot so you'll be able to communicate with other people without having them cring in embarassment at your horrable use of the language.

Map Reconnaisance

Get a couple of good maps of your area. Most good city maps have both rail lines and yards clearly marked, and if you go check out a couple of rail yards or junctions, you'll be able to figure out what a major rail facility looks like on a map. Then just look for likely areas. Most big industrial areas, like steel mills, refineries, paper mills or sawmills have a lot of security guards, lights and fences. Look for areas that are not as busy, where cars are layed-up for awhile waiting to be loaded or unloaded. Railroad yards are more or less hot, depending upon the area, what the history of the yard is like, what the surrounding area is like and so forth.

I highlight rail lines, yards, spurs, etc. on my city maps, then I use clear vinyl packing tape to reinforce the folds. The map manufacturers deliberately make the maps out of extra crispy paper so they won't last very long. They almost always tear right along the fold lines. I tape a brand new map to keep this problem from getting started. Don't bother using regular Scotch tape, it won't stay and it just makes a big gummy mess. Once you've identified a likely spot, go on the net and pull up a map of that area on the 700 ft. scale. You'll be able to see exactly how the streets and rails and switches run, but there is no substitute for actually going there and walking the area. This is called "ground reconnaissance." Always check out the area in the daylight and in the dark. You have no way of knowing what's going on around there unless you are there checking things out at different times of day, and on different days. Bring binoculars so you can check people out at a distance, before they get up close to you. Don't blow your spot by tagging the shit out of stuff because you are bored. Never mess with railroad equipment, signals, tools or whatever. If you do, you will "turn on the heat." If you are there for reconnaisance, then do recon. If you are there to paint, then paint. Don't get sidetracked into a lot of unproductive, illegal, heat-producing bullshit like vandalism. Dress nondescript. If you dress in a way calculated to shock, the railroad workers, bulls and just neighborhood passers-by will be watching you. Keep a low profile, but be casual. Don't be sneaky and furtive. It scares people. Most people could not care less about somebody painting their name on an old rusty freight car. But if they see you breaking shit or stealing, they will turn you in in a New York second.

Guest dukeofyork

if you want it to ride, you better do something decent with more than four colors, otherwise its probably gonna get gone over unless in the rare occasion that its a two color burner...

Guest NEW2FR8s

yo, sup. thanks for the helpful reply and yo asp, mad respect but i never claimed to be as expierenced as shit, yeah i can burn walls but im no were near an expierenced writer. and why you gotta diss on me for a wack post i was just askin a question you should resprect that. i respect all your art around the 502 all the asp and wfr kids are dope writers. espacially coup to bad he moved, he killed shit while he was here. but anyways im out i just saw a asp post and had to reply becuase you kids are the ones that inspired me to start writing for the right reasons and not just to be some wack toy buffin or dickin others shit. as of now im still doing low pro walls and tryin not to take up much space in louisville seein how theres not to much space to start wit, but ima start gettin up here real soon. and agian props to the wfr and asp crews. later. and one more thing, im gettin permission for this wall here real soon, hopefuly before it snows, if any louisville writers are up for it ask about it at m.s.c. ill let them know whats up and probaly put up a flyer for a colabortion if anyones up for it. later once agian.

Guest NEW2FR8s

Yo southern kid, i got much respect for you now that youve replied as you did. see thats the biggest problem i have wit graffiti forums and other graffiti realated sites. alot of people try to start beef and piss people off just for the simple fact its over the internet and they know they have a real slim chance of ever meeting the person. but you on the other hand kept shit real, you stated your opinion and then when asked for a reason to back your opinion up you said you had not one reason but actualy several, and none of wich were pointed directly to me. so see you still got your point out there wit out being some toy and saying some stupid shit bein a beef starter. why cant more people on this forum be like that. well thats just my two cents, later.

Originally posted by Cup 'O Soup

What, in God's name, are you fucking talking about?

I'm not even going to remark on your utterly backward logic dealing with the properties of different surfaces. You might give highschool a second shot so you'll be able to communicate with other people without having them cring in embarassment at your horrable use of the language.

...i couldn't have said it any better

BRAVO!

Guest NEW2FR8s

hey social cancer, f*ck you. i mean damn if you got an opinion ok, but dont jock some one elses shit in attempt to start beef or be a dick. i was askin a simple question how to find layups so's i can have some were, were i dont have to rush and i can get used to painting on the trains before i just go into a yard a heat it up for other writers becuase im taking to long doing my shit, and as you all so shity put it i didnt get the surface shit backwards, paint soaks into and drips less on concrete than on steel. wich makes you have to paint faster on steel to avoid drips and misting and concrete on the other hand unless its been finished will soak in some of the excess cuasing it to be a little hard to get drips. at least it seems like that to me. later

A lot of people on here know what they are talking about. Perhpas you should listen to what they are saying. The reason you are getting dissed is because the way your are typing what you are trying to say sounds, well.. stupid. Your asking dumb stuff..

People don't wanna see stupid people painting trains, so they are getting annoyed with you. Not that you are stupid, im just making a generalization.

I cant help but reiderate what some heads of already said. the internet is not the best place to find spots, especially on a message board. a lot of this freight shit is trial and error. most freight heads that have been around for more that 5 years have had to figure shit out on there own. you should be no different. besides each locality has a unique freight situation, theres nothing we can truly help you out with. requesting methods on the internet is not only is it akin to cheating, but this board is monitored by the fuzz...which brings me to my next point you signature is not very smart..i dont imagine there being a lot fr8 heads in that part of the rr earth. please for your own sake, put your thinking cap on.

aight for all that was bitchin about this thread, just to let you know i walked the tracks for like 3 hours the other day, and yes i found two layups besides 2 others some people down here told me about, so i guess i should have just listend to you guys in the first place and go out on the tracks instead of on the internet bitching about how i cant find em. my bad for that shit it wont happen again. later CLUEone..aka..NEW2FR8s

Archived