Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

lay ups

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by NEW2FR8s, Nov 5, 2001.

1. NEW2FR8s

NEW2FR8s Guest

aight, ive hit yards a few times but im not to quik wit my can control on pieces, i can hit up a yard wit throwies all night and not draw any attention or heat my way but when i try to do a piece it seems like it takes a dick year and every bull in the yard starts to come my way, so i need to find a nice layup some were so i can hit some pieces and not have to rush so i can get my can control crisp and still fast. and that way when i go to the yard i dont have to worrie about heating it up for the other writers that go there. so my question is how do i find a layup and whats the best way to go about hittin them and hows security on them just about any gerneral info you can give me will help, if you dont want to post that info on the forum for public acces reasons (seein how any one can come on here and read it) just email me at CLUEone@aol.com
    Well later, CLUEone DScru 502.

2. usedtolove

usedtolove Guest

take awalk or ride beside the tracks.........jeeeez

3. bigdork

bigdork Guest

like anybody else that started painting before the internet, explore, talk to other writers (in person), paint alot of crap. etc etc...

4. DEADONE

DEADONE Senior Member

paint a wall...cop

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

how about before you destroy a bunch of freights, why dont you learn some can control on walls like the rest of the free world? trains arent expendable canvases with a limitless suply. anyone that lives in a major city knows that its becoming increasingly more difficult to find open panels and people have only been painting them hard for roughly 3 years. ten years from now, there wont be anything clean... besides the fact that you really dont want toy shit rolling around the country giving people their first taste of your name... and finally, if you go into a yard hitting every car with throws like you said, your gonna heat it out. so learn some ettiquette, learn soem can control, then go back to the trains... im not saying this stuff being mean, just saying it cause obviously no one has said it before and its something everyone needs to hear...

6. Cheif Wantalotacokkk

Cheif Wantalotacokkk New Jack

go find yourself a nice ditch to paint in

7. taper

taper Elite Member

yea try walls first. seeking is on point as usual.;)

8. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

stay off trains. theyre not cool at all, theyre played out. walls are the in thing now. go hit those. if you continue to hit trains as a new jack, youre gonna get gone over.

9. bear

bear Elite Member

plus, people keep asking how to find lay ups and shit.
    drive along the line for christ's sake. everyone has to take some time to learn their area. this shit takes time. walk the line. . . .forever. . .until you find something. . . .then keep walking

10. embalmwon

embalmwon Senior Member

heres a hint trains are usually on tracks so follow em

11. NEW2FR8s

NEW2FR8s Guest

yo, ive painted walls for sometime now, i can burn some walls, but for all that paints trains they know damn well that its way different, those new trains are finshed and there slick as fuck so you gotta go slower to keep from dripps and mist and to get your out line crisp is harder than a wall, plus unless i gotta nice low wall or a legal wall i do a simple piece or bomb it im wantin to bust some wildstyles on da trains. and when i said i can run threw the yard bustin throwies i was just using that as a figure of speach meaning that its not that i cant get in the yard and im not scared and shit like that its just my can control on trains. well any way this is gettin nothing but negative feedbac, and i see were you all are comin from thow so ill just leave this thread alone, i found a chill layup. everything is straight. thanks for any constructive critisism givien. later.

12. Cup 'O Soup

Cup 'O Soup Senior Member

What, in God's name, are you fucking talking about?
    I'm not even going to remark on your utterly backward logic dealing with the properties of different surfaces. You might give highschool a second shot so you'll be able to communicate with other people without having them cring in embarassment at your horrable use of the language.

13. dumpybottom

dumpybottom Member

Please let no one think this doofus represents kentucky!
    Kid, if you are half as experienced with graff as you are claiming, you wouldn't be having these problems. The End.

14. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

Map Reconnaisance

Get a couple of good maps of your area. Most good city maps have both rail lines and yards clearly marked, and if you go check out a couple of rail yards or junctions, you'll be able to figure out what a major rail facility looks like on a map. Then just look for likely areas. Most big industrial areas, like steel mills, refineries, paper mills or sawmills have a lot of security guards, lights and fences. Look for areas that are not as busy, where cars are layed-up for awhile waiting to be loaded or unloaded. Railroad yards are more or less hot, depending upon the area, what the history of the yard is like, what the surrounding area is like and so forth.
    I highlight rail lines, yards, spurs, etc. on my city maps, then I use clear vinyl packing tape to reinforce the folds. The map manufacturers deliberately make the maps out of extra crispy paper so they won't last very long. They almost always tear right along the fold lines. I tape a brand new map to keep this problem from getting started. Don't bother using regular Scotch tape, it won't stay and it just makes a big gummy mess. Once you've identified a likely spot, go on the net and pull up a map of that area on the 700 ft. scale. You'll be able to see exactly how the streets and rails and switches run, but there is no substitute for actually going there and walking the area. This is called "ground reconnaissance." Always check out the area in the daylight and in the dark. You have no way of knowing what's going on around there unless you are there checking things out at different times of day, and on different days. Bring binoculars so you can check people out at a distance, before they get up close to you. Don't blow your spot by tagging the shit out of stuff because you are bored. Never mess with railroad equipment, signals, tools or whatever. If you do, you will "turn on the heat." If you are there for reconnaisance, then do recon. If you are there to paint, then paint. Don't get sidetracked into a lot of unproductive, illegal, heat-producing bullshit like vandalism. Dress nondescript. If you dress in a way calculated to shock, the railroad workers, bulls and just neighborhood passers-by will be watching you. Keep a low profile, but be casual. Don't be sneaky and furtive. It scares people. Most people could not care less about somebody painting their name on an old rusty freight car. But if they see you breaking shit or stealing, they will turn you in in a New York second.

15. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

thanks kabar...your posts are crazy helpful