las bicicletas (SUMMER 04 EDITION)

terrorplot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i am just getting back to riding my bike. its an old mountain bike, gary fisher aquila. just riding it to work and to the ocean for now. will be getting back to some trails soon. around here people are not used to watching out for bike riders so i always figured if i got fucked up it would be a drivers fault.. but what do i do last week but slam into a parked car. doh. bent my rim major, HUGE bruises on the legs, fucked up arms. i am not even sure how it happened... so i finally decided to buy a helmet.

Originally posted by Devilush

well if anyone knows of a 47, contact me. i am on the hunt.

Dev...I just got a lead on a couple short bikes this past week. I'll get ahold of my contact and get the scoop.

edit:

they'll have to be shipped of course. holler if you're down.

Originally posted by AREANKAY

52/16 or bust!

YOWZAA!!! that's a big ass gear. you must be a super-pimp (or live in a really flat city with no stop lights)

currently I'm rocking:

-Surly fixed gear frame

-King headset

-Time carbon fork (w/ cro-mo steer tube)

-Specalized Tri-Spoke carbon rear wheel w/ HED track converter kit and lots of red lock-tight

-Syntace tri bars (bull horns)

-39/14 gear

-and the rest is junk parts until I get some money

Pic soon.

i gotta change the gearing on my bike. its 42x18.. i know, that's laughable.. i'm wondering whether to go to 16 or 15..

also if !@#$% sees this, when you had your peugeot did you ever need to do anything with the bottom bracket? and was it french threaded?

Originally posted by LaCosaNostra

schwinn till i die

you realize that schwinn is owned by the same people that put out pacific brand bikes? old schwinn=good. new schwinn=only a name.

not trying to be a dick...just saying the quality isn't really going to be there anymore. pretty damn sad when you think about it.