Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Laptop... HELP!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Milton, May 10, 2004.

1. Milton

Milton Senior Member

I need to get a laptop for school and I'm not sure what to buy. My spending limit is 2500 at the very top, but anywhere from 2000-2300 would be perfect.

I want fast, reliable, all the basics. Plus wireless internet and a dvd burner...

Anybody suggestions...

Thanks

2. villain

villain Veteran Member

Toshiba is putting out the best laptops right now.
    I've got a Toshiba Satellite
    Got 2.2 Ghz processor
    40 gig harddrive
    512k ram
    dvd-r/cd-rw
    integrated wifi

I bought it for about 1100$ almost a year ago so they are probably even cheaper now.

3. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

what are you going to use it for? I know you said school...but more specifically. do you have a preference on Mac or PC platforms?

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

you could get a top of the line IBM think pad T series.

5. Milton

Milton Senior Member

I want to go with a PC. Im not going to video editing school or anything like that so it doesn't have to be that fast, but I'd like it to not be slow...

I'm looking at getting perhaps a dell 5150 with the 3.06 processor and 1Gb of ram, and then just getting the upgraded dvd burner...

any thoughts?

6. villain

villain Veteran Member

From what I've learned about Dell is that customer service sucks and they are almost impossible to upgrade.

7. CAPiTA

CAPiTA Member

8. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

You could try this one, my friend got it and he likes it sor far.......

http://www.t-a.gr/images/hp-laptop-computers-2.jpg'>

This HP Pavilion ZE4145 is only $899.99

My opinion - For this low price you receive an unheard deal on the industry's most honored notebook! A great buy for mobile computing and loaded with every feature you’d need. Housewives! Love shopping on the web? This computer is for you!

AMD Athlon™ XP 1800+ Processor*
    512MB PC2100 DDR Memory
    40GB Hard Drive
    15-inch TFT Active Matrix XGA Display
    DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
    ATI RADEON™ MOBILITY™ IGP
    Video
    Conexant AC-Link Audio
    Integrated 56k Modem
    Integrated 10/100Mbps NIC
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

* Actual Speed: 1.53GHz

9. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

10. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

i thought Milton KNew everything:eek:

11. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i have a toshiba satellite too (the 2.8 though)... pretty good.. toshiba has always made quality laptops... but for the best deals, just look in the paper for people selling stuff from work/stuff they boosted. the economy is shitty, so people are selling the goods to make ends meet.

be sure to get extra batteries too... i've seen lots of laptops end up on the floor because of people tripping over the power source and such... much to my amusement

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned