Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Laptop Debate

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sarcasm, May 11, 2004.

1. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

So i'm a starving college student, and over the summer i plan on saving up for a laptop for the new school year. and i was wondering , in your guys's opinions, if i should get an apple laptop (ibook, power book) or a windows based laptop (dell, gateway, etc)....
    perks of either or? any good things about the apple system rather than the norm? (i've always had windows so im comfortable with the windows os)

again, i am a college student, but a electrical engineering major, so i won't be typing up a lot of essays...

so any suggestions?

2. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/pb17/gallery/images/1.jpg'>
    you should probably go with what's cheap and familiar....or you could
    buy this thing.

3. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

All I know is I'm on my friend's laptop since
    mine took a dump on me and his power cord
    is split but it's been working fine for the past
    month or so.. anyway, the last connecting
    thread of the power line just broke for the last
    time without having to be fixed. I just spent
    about 20 minutes trying different methods to
    stretch the wires back together before I gave
    in and searched for an old power adapter to
    cut some copper out of. Anyway, the problem
    is solved and I don't know what kind of advice
    to give you on what kind of laptop to buy.

Since you're in college you should ask a Japanese kid who's in design classes.

Or just a Japanese kid in general.

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

alienware for laptops.. overpriced but worth it.. so i guess that makes them not over priced.

go apple if alienware is not an option.

5. Milton

Milton Senior Member

Are they really that good?

6. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

dude, they are so awesome. i always wear my swishy adidas parachute pants when i go for maximum penile enjoyment. last time the chick gave me 2 songs for the price of one. she said she liked my tattoo and she even let me lick her boobies!

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i laughed last time i saw an alienware computer... those things are HUGE... like 3x the size of any other box. it did have nice specs though.... but it's not hard to get a computer suped up.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

wasnt there just a big thread on this?
    i dont know what programs you use for engineering, but i'm a big fan of the ibook. it's cheap, reliable, sturdy, and you'll never get a driver error.
    that's reason enough for me.

9. Sekoe1

Sekoe1 Junior Member

dell is good----- hp is good too. not bad for the price.

10. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

11. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

15" powerbook. words cant fully describe the sexual lust i feel towards it. i sleep with it at night. its really not healthy.

my girl just got her 12'' ibook this week and she's taken a shining to it. either way, mac is the shit in my opinion.

12. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

You purchase multiple laptops?

13. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/546/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/productshotibook_0404.jpg'>

[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/546/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/step1image3powerbook_0404.jpg'>

these are your choices from my POV.

14. docs

docs Member

get an apple..
    i got a dell and spyware shitted that up..
    windows is bad about lettin that happen

15. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member