Ladys In Graffiti

FemiWrite

Hey im writing a Track with one of my close emcee buddies and we were doing research on females involvement in the elements of hip hop. i was wondering who you thought was the most influential 5 lady graff artist of all time... if you know the same about any of the other 4 elements please feel free to post that as well.. after the track is finished i'll post a link if any one is interested in hearing it...

thanks for the feedback

:)

Femiwrite

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't need to ask here....do some research on female writers and decide for yourself who's in the top five.

I'd tell you who i thought was on top but this thread is like something a cop would get up.

lens i understand your fears or inhibitions... would it make you feel better if i posted flix of my work>? or gave you the link to my music... if you just sent me a email or imed me on a messanger i'd be more than happy to supply you with information to abate your fears ...

and as for researching them.. i have tried but its alot less time consuming to actually have names to look for...

Originally posted by LENS

Fine.... here are a few I think are the hottness

Phem9

Damsel

Tribe

Slave_One

awww, thank you LENS!! i am honored to have made your list...

to tell you the truth FemiWrite, it is hard to come up with just a top 5; there are ladies around the WORLD that deserve props...

but if i had to pick, it would be: PINK, TRIBE, PHEM9, OMEGA, JEL

thank you soo much for all your helpful post.. and to the guys who think women belong in the kitchen not the graff scene.. sucks to your mum women belong any where they want to be... i know that i cant change your mind on that topic.. but i bet if i showed you some of my girls stuff and you dint know they were female.. you'd be like GOD DAMN...

thank you for not being complete assess like the folks at bombing science...

much respect... and keep writing ..

lady pink is undoubtedly the mad note when it comes to fem-graf.

tribe isnt too bad.

i havent heard any top shelf serious fem-emcees since the fugees brought us lauren hill. i've heard mc dynamite spit some back handed rhymes but she is coming from the 2step/garage scene. bahamadee is worth mention and is always chill on the m-i-c. havent heard any female voices in the underground that can really kill it.

shortee gets mad respect on the ones and twos. her scratches are better than alot of male dj's and her track production is hella' hotness too.

over all i think there is a large lack of fem-participation in hiphop.

so femiwrite, whats that link you mentioned... i'm interested.

Originally posted by slave_one

awww, thank you LENS!! i am honored to have made your list...

to tell you the truth FemiWrite, it is hard to come up with just a top 5; there are ladies around the WORLD that deserve props...

but if i had to pick, it would be: PINK, TRIBE, PHEM9, OMEGA, JEL

you're welcome slave_one...you and devilush are my favs. Tribe ain't got nuthin' on youse!

Originally posted by FemiWrite

thank you soo much for all your helpful post.. and to the guys who think women belong in the kitchen not the graff scene.. sucks to your mum women belong any where they want to be... i know that i cant change your mind on that topic.. but i bet if i showed you some of my girls stuff and you dint know they were female.. you'd be like GOD DAMN...

thank you for not being complete assess like the folks at bombing science...

much respect... and keep writing ..

Girl stuff? You'd be like god damn? what the fuck? Are you tring to say that you are better then anyone else on here. Shit........

Never seen a girl write and after this I am not sure I want to.

DAMN.:mad2:

Sekoe1 - first of all i didnt say i was nice.. i graff cuz i love it not b/c im DOPE at it... ill be the first to admit im just comin up in the game... i was saying if you saw some of my HOME GIRLS stuff w.o knowing a chick was behind it... you';d prally like it alot

ill post it when me an my girl finish the track we are just in the conception part,.... if you want to hear my music

www.soundclick.com/bali

most of that is shit compared to my newer stuff but you can get an idea of my voice at least....

Hey Femi

The most famous female australian writer that comes to mind is Spice one from Sydney

I beleive she has recently had or is in the process of having a documentry made on her

send me a private message (I couldnt get it working) or drop me an email address and I will give you more detail, aswell as some knowledge on local female mcs if you want

Originally posted by FemiWrite

Sekoe1 - first of all i didnt say i was nice.. i graff cuz i love it not b/c im DOPE at it... ill be the first to admit im just comin up in the game... i was saying if you saw some of my HOME GIRLS stuff w.o knowing a chick was behind it... you';d prally like it alot

ill post it when me an my girl finish the track we are just in the conception part,.... if you want to hear my music

www.soundclick.com/bali

most of that is shit compared to my newer stuff but you can get an idea of my voice at least....

Alright then-- Cool

Originally posted by Devilush

i'd hate to be p.c. about this issue but in my opinion i do not think that graffiti is part of the hip hop culture.

but most influential at the top of my head would be pink.

Of course graffiti is part of hiphop culture

Weather or not you are part of hiphop culture that dosnt matter you can be a punk rocker and do graff, the fact that graff is intertwined with hiphop in alot of places in the world is undeniable

and pink? pop singers have what to do with hiphop?

^let me clarify this for you. what i meant was i dont think that graffiti is one of the elements of hip hop. it can be part of the hip hop culture, sure. but i dont think that claming graffiti as an element would be right.

Archived