Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ladys In Graffiti

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by FemiWrite, May 11, 2004.

1. FemiWrite

FemiWrite New Jack

Hey im writing a Track with one of my close emcee buddies and we were doing research on females involvement in the elements of hip hop. i was wondering who you thought was the most influential 5 lady graff artist of all time... if you know the same about any of the other 4 elements please feel free to post that as well.. after the track is finished i'll post a link if any one is interested in hearing it...

thanks for the feedback

:)

Femiwrite

2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

don't need to ask here....do some research on female writers and decide for yourself who's in the top five.

I'd tell you who i thought was on top but this thread is like something a cop would get up.

3. FemiWrite

FemiWrite New Jack

lens i understand your fears or inhibitions... would it make you feel better if i posted flix of my work>? or gave you the link to my music... if you just sent me a email or imed me on a messanger i'd be more than happy to supply you with information to abate your fears ...

and as for researching them.. i have tried but its alot less time consuming to actually have names to look for...

4. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

talk about the girl writers cope and ces in your track.

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Fine.... here are a few I think are the hottness

Phem9
    Damsel
    Tribe
    Slave_One

there, now make some magic

6. Mr. Whoppie

Mr. Whoppie New Jack

what are you talking about? Everyone knows females can't do graffiti.

7. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

Reminisce and her lovely horses.

8. docs

docs Member

tru that all women are good for is keepin their ass in the kitchen
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Fuck yeah, can't believe i forgot her.

Heads that don't think girls can't piece or graff are ignorant fools.

10. Mr. Whoppie

Mr. Whoppie New Jack

so you're an ignorant fool?

11. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

awww, thank you LENS!! i am honored to have made your list...

to tell you the truth FemiWrite, it is hard to come up with just a top 5; there are ladies around the WORLD that deserve props...

but if i had to pick, it would be: PINK, TRIBE, PHEM9, OMEGA, JEL

12. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

Lady Pink. Duh.

13. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

pink, tribe, utah, gates

14. FemiWrite

FemiWrite New Jack

thank you soo much for all your helpful post.. and to the guys who think women belong in the kitchen not the graff scene.. sucks to your mum women belong any where they want to be... i know that i cant change your mind on that topic.. but i bet if i showed you some of my girls stuff and you dint know they were female.. you'd be like GOD DAMN...

thank you for not being complete assess like the folks at bombing science...

much respect... and keep writing ..

15. rinse

rinse Member

lady pink is undoubtedly the mad note when it comes to fem-graf.
    tribe isnt too bad.

i havent heard any top shelf serious fem-emcees since the fugees brought us lauren hill. i've heard mc dynamite spit some back handed rhymes but she is coming from the 2step/garage scene. bahamadee is worth mention and is always chill on the m-i-c. havent heard any female voices in the underground that can really kill it.

shortee gets mad respect on the ones and twos. her scratches are better than alot of male dj's and her track production is hella' hotness too.

over all i think there is a large lack of fem-participation in hiphop.

so femiwrite, whats that link you mentioned... i'm interested.