LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I GIVE YOU, THE WORST THING TO EVER WALK THE EARTH!!

Comp

What we have here is a camel spider

http://www.breedingcentresharjah.com/images/Image20.gif'>

it is huge, 3 times the size of a tarantula. Can run 30 mph. And the best part is that it hunts. It hunts dogs, camels and...humans. It usually attacks in your sleep and goes straight for the face. It eats until its abdomen almost literally bursts. There are confirmed reports of relatives of this beast living in texas as we speak. Be afraid......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

comp failed to mention that its fiercely territorial, and makes a hissing and screeching noise. if you invade its territory it dont give a fuck if youre a tank, it'll defend whats his. it has a strong anesthetic(sp?) that makes its victims feel nothing as it munches away til its stuffed full. thereve been reports of it completely eating off the faces of soldiers stationed in the mid east during the gulf war. fuck that thing, seriously.

------------------

poop

.......spiders webs i beleive hold secrets of the universe...but spiders still freak me out, esp. that fucker.... and "aracnophobia"(sp?) scared the shit outta me when i saw it in the theater...flinched for like a week after that..... i gotta love hate relationship with spiders...r

Guest imported_El Mamerro

http://yourphotos.com/users/2810/camelspider.jpg'>

This motherfucker is my new best friend. Here's a few anecdotes:

"Having spent 4 months in Saudi chasing (or being chased by) camel spiders to show my colleagues what they look like, i can say that they are the ugliest spider-type creature i have ever seen. They are able to jump about 4 to 5 feet forwards and upwards, and are so fast you wouldn't believe it (30mph easily-i chased one in a jeep). The largest i managed to catch (tipping ice cold water on them to slow their movement) was about the size of an outstretched mans hand. There are a few pictures about on the net. They are not hairy (they'd be wolf spiders here), and have a huge double pincer-like quartet of fangs. If you use the Google.com search engine you will find a few pics (yellowish colour with a darker, large abdomen). Use the name SOLIFUGID and you should find more. Hope this is of use to you."

"This site was the headquarters for the 3rd Corps of the Iraqi army and was our objective. Which we took without a fight. After the cease fire was called and everything settled down we were moved to various locations throughout the area. My battalion (2/4) was given an area inside the research area while the rest of the Regiment was to be placed outside in the desert. It was both nice and aggravating. It was nice because the trees stopped the hot dry wind off the sand and for the most part sand storms themselves. At the same time, however, the grass was like thorn bushes and the trees attracted a creature more intimidating than the Iraqi army and that was the Camel Spider. This spider grew to over eight inches in width and had a mouth in the front of his body that opened four ways. These spiders were incredibly fast. One Marine tried to run from one only to have it overtake him climb up his back and bite him in the face. They were not poisonous but never-the-less they hurt quite a bit. We had mosquito netting up around our tents and those spiders loved it. They would climb all over that netting. At night you may be able to count as many as twenty at a time on one wall.

After we'd been there a while and the boredom level really started to climb, someone had the idea to have spider battles. Each platoon would bring their champion to the company headquarters for the fight. Usually the bets were sodas and pogy bait (snacks), considering the fact none of us had any money and beer was illegal in the country. The object was to either get male on male or female on female then you would have one heck of a fight. If it was male on female, then you can imagine what happened. These Camel spiders are some of the toughest creatures that I have ever seen. I saw one kill a rat tree times its size. All and all I had great respect for them especially considering the fact I did not want to get bitten by one. To best describe one look at a tarantula, put a mouth on front and double it's size. You have a Camel Spider."

I'd always been partial to the nastyness of the Peruvian Tail-less Whip Scorpion:

http://community-2.webtv.net/bugguy4/ARACHNIDSSpiders/media/captureD1.jpg'>

http://www.btinternet.com/~aero/whip.jpg'>

I've encountered the fuckers in some caves here in PR... Bastards are so ugly they're part of ancient indian mythology here. Unlike the Camel Spider, they don't do jack shit. I dig bugs and spiders. Beer,

El Mamerro

[This message has been edited by El Mamerro (edited 08-23-2001).]

Here in New York we have the dreaded "Camel Light" Filtered Spider...I have had many a close encounter with these savage predators, they tend to nest in the back of yellow cabs and have been known to reach speeds in excess of 60 mph. Once bitten, the victim begins speaking in slang and his forehead swells up three to four times its normal size.

Originally posted by SCOTCH WHISKEO:

Here in New York we have the dreaded "Camel Light" Filtered Spider...I have had many a close encounter with these savage predators, they tend to nest in the back of yellow cabs and have been known to reach speeds in excess of 60 mph. Once bitten, the victim begins speaking in slang and his forehead swells up three to four times its normal size.

Hahaha ...

Originally posted by cracked ass:

From the thread title I thought I was going to be seeing a flick of Jesse Helms.

i just did that one for cracked....he seemed let down....ill leave the completly random posting to makros

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

[This message has been edited by boogie hands (edited 08-23-2001).]

http://iq.imaginet.co.za/mythsandlegend/swasp.gif'>

The Sea Wasp

It is found along the north coast of Australia and likes the shallow waters... where swimmers and surfers can be found!

The Sea Wasp has a bell shaped head that can be as large as a basketball with up to 60 tentacles hanging down as long as 15 feet. The venom from this single creature can kill up to 60 humans. If you are stung by one, say your prayers verrry quickly as you have between 30 seconds and four minutes to live!

---------

Another scary creature to look out for!

HO-LY-SHIT....

man...i've never heard of them...i'm like a little

girl when i see a good size spider...

around here we've got some real morbid looking

puppies...................................................i don't know

if i believe that shit about them killing humans

and camels...........but if they do.......damn...

thats fuckin' crazy......

spiders have digestive enzymes that dissolve

tissue into liquid which they suck up through

their fangs.....so you can imagine what happened

to that soldiers face...........yikes.

Archived