Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Lactose Intolerance

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

After being sick for about 5 months, I have recently figured out the problem - I'm apparently lactose intolerant. No dairy products whatsoever.

Anyone else suffer the same trouble? If so, what do you do? Is there meds you can take daily/before you eat dairy? Or have you had to completely reconfigure your diet?

Thanks.

2. inkjunkie34

inkjunkie34 Senior Member

how the fuck are you supposed eat oreos

3. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

yaaahoooo, that makes two of us...but seriously, i dont drink alot of milk products or anything like that, so im fine, its not as bad as what your describing though..

4. intercity

intercity Member

dairy ease time.

5. Poop Man Bob

Over the summer, I was really bad - lost about 15 pounds, lowering my weight to about 140 lbs. And I'm 6'1". I was literally shitting 10 times a day. Blech. A series of MRIs, colonoscopys (camera up the butt) and Upper GIs (camera down the throat) all revealed nothing.

But when I don't eat dairy for a week, I'm much better. I'm still not sure, considering it's only been 6 days that I haven't eaten dairy ... but no more mass poopies!

Not that you asked for that info; just thought I'd share.

;)

6. BoB.1

BoB.1 New Jack

Uh...I like milk.

7. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

haha the truth behind why your name is poopman

8. aztek4two1

aztek4two1 Member

my sister is, and my grandma is, and my girl/exgirl/friend/girlfriend/? is too.

catch up on some lactaid. they make milk that sucks, but its aight. i used to have to drink it with cereal when i visited my grandparents.
    i think they also make pills you can take PREDAIRY ingestion.

http://www.lactaid.com/

9. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

poop man, you may have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). a friend of mine had the same type of symptoms... so lactose intolerance may be only a part of the problem... a key part, but there may be more... i don't know that much about it, but just a heads up...

10. Poop Man Bob

Yeah. I was diagnosed with IBS about 5 years ago, but my symptoms have progressively gotten worse since then ... with a huge increase as of late.

I take 23 pills a day in an attempt to control the IBS and resulting inflammation on my large intestine ... so lots has been done to try and combat it.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I appreciate it.

11. dik.n.ur.ear

dik.n.ur.ear Senior Member

12. serum

serum Elite Member

just a suggestion but I would consider a dairy less diet or at least a reduction of how much you eat. dairy is one of the most difficult things to give up I know but health wise you'll be a lot better off. for milk replacement try rice milk or soy milk. yes I know it doesn't sound too appetizing but give it a chance, and give enough time for your palette to adjust to the difference. remember its not dairy its an alternative so it will taste different. cheese shouldn't be that much of a problem since the majority of it is often oil and water. you don't have to become vegan but take a look at some vegan cookbooks and just switch some of your normal foods that you eat.

13. When

When 12oz Loyalist

my mom is lactose intolerant, and even with the pills that you can take to digest the lactose or whatever she gets sick...must suck i could never live a life with out cheeseburgers and milkshakes...tofu just isnt the same

14. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

if you think you're lactose intolerant cut the dairy out all together, especially the cheese - you'll adjust. Eat more fiber - veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, etc. Drink lukewarm water, and drink a glass of warm water with lemon in it when you get up - I just do that, and it works for me. DRINK LOTS OF WATER - a gallon or more a day.
    Don't eat meat (well, that one's just healthier, but isn't necessarily gonna change the runs or anything).

15. dik.n.ur.ear

dik.n.ur.ear Senior Member

for real man be a vegan....we can eat fried protein chunk together while sipping our soy cola