Lactose Intolerance

Poop Man Bob

After being sick for about 5 months, I have recently figured out the problem - I'm apparently lactose intolerant. No dairy products whatsoever.

Anyone else suffer the same trouble? If so, what do you do? Is there meds you can take daily/before you eat dairy? Or have you had to completely reconfigure your diet?

Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by shameless self promotion

yaaahoooo, that makes two of us...but seriously, i dont drink alot of milk products or anything like that, so im fine, its not as bad as what your describing though..

Over the summer, I was really bad - lost about 15 pounds, lowering my weight to about 140 lbs. And I'm 6'1". I was literally shitting 10 times a day. Blech. A series of MRIs, colonoscopys (camera up the butt) and Upper GIs (camera down the throat) all revealed nothing.

But when I don't eat dairy for a week, I'm much better. I'm still not sure, considering it's only been 6 days that I haven't eaten dairy ... but no more mass poopies!

Not that you asked for that info; just thought I'd share.

;)

poop man, you may have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). a friend of mine had the same type of symptoms... so lactose intolerance may be only a part of the problem... a key part, but there may be more... i don't know that much about it, but just a heads up...

Originally posted by TEARZ

poop man, you may have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). a friend of mine had the same type of symptoms... so lactose intolerance may be only a part of the problem... a key part, but there may be more... i don't know that much about it, but just a heads up...

Yeah. I was diagnosed with IBS about 5 years ago, but my symptoms have progressively gotten worse since then ... with a huge increase as of late.

I take 23 pills a day in an attempt to control the IBS and resulting inflammation on my large intestine ... so lots has been done to try and combat it.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I appreciate it.

just a suggestion but I would consider a dairy less diet or at least a reduction of how much you eat. dairy is one of the most difficult things to give up I know but health wise you'll be a lot better off. for milk replacement try rice milk or soy milk. yes I know it doesn't sound too appetizing but give it a chance, and give enough time for your palette to adjust to the difference. remember its not dairy its an alternative so it will taste different. cheese shouldn't be that much of a problem since the majority of it is often oil and water. you don't have to become vegan but take a look at some vegan cookbooks and just switch some of your normal foods that you eat.

if you think you're lactose intolerant cut the dairy out all together, especially the cheese - you'll adjust. Eat more fiber - veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, etc. Drink lukewarm water, and drink a glass of warm water with lemon in it when you get up - I just do that, and it works for me. DRINK LOTS OF WATER - a gallon or more a day.

Don't eat meat (well, that one's just healthier, but isn't necessarily gonna change the runs or anything).

word....

lactose intolerance sucks....I've had since I was a little kid. My teachers in school used to think I was makeing things up until they figured out what was goin' on. Damn teachers.....always on front mode!!!!

->Moyen.

msb

Typically, Hispanic and African American men are at greater risk for developing lactose intolerance as they get older. My dad (I’m Hispanic) has slowly started to become lactose intolerant over they past few years, and as I get older, I’m sure the same will happen to me. I think it’s something in our genes.

Originally posted by alkaline

Typically, Hispanic and African American men are at greater risk for developing lactose intolerance as they get older. My dad (I’m Hispanic) has slowly started to become lactose intolerant over they past few years, and as I get older, I’m sure the same will happen to me. I think it’s something in our genes.

al speaks the truth, and actually, people of color are disproportionately lactose intolerant as a whole.... interesting when you see what the FDA puts out that food pyramid that mandates that "healthy" people should eat like 4-8 servings of dairy per day. yeah, aight...

yes to add to what tearz said, native Americans supposedly have zero tolerance for dairy and next is Philippinos, and other south east Asians. Don't feel guilty for not eating dairy. the food pyramid was created by the government to stimulate spending in the economy. it has little to do with health.

poop man bob...i guess you picked the right name then eh? haha, ok, sorry, little below the belt there..but yeah, that deffinatly sucks though bro. I just cant drink milk stuff..or i puke, or shit my brains out like an hour later...but i remember my moms tellin me about pills and stuff they have for that, i forget what the name of it is now, but im sure you already know about it, sounds like you deffinatly have gone through some shit from this...and that wasnt a pun, sorry agian...

seriously - once people hit a certain development point, dairy is pretty much unnecessary. The only two dairy products that are actually healthy are yogurt and cottage cheese, the rest are practically poison. But you needn't be worried about losing nutrients or anything by cutting out dairy. In fact you will be a lot healthier. You can also take calcium vitamins if you need to.

I actually eat dairy, but I keep thinking that I am slightly lactose intolerant. Someday I will make that final leap into the no-dairy diet. Maybe not quite a strict as vegan, b/c then you have to cut out honey, which I love.

me and my friend's mom believe my frined is lactose intolerant. he doesnt have the shits or anything but he has the stinkiest farts ever. we belive its from the many bowls of cereal he eats. but the nagain, when i drink milk, my farts turn kinda killer-bad time to be doing dutch ovens.

..i think you can take daily meds, as well as that lactaid stuff right before you eat the dairy..

if you didn't know, lactose intolerance happens because your body has decided to stop producing the enzyme that properly breaks the lactose (milk sugar) down into digestible parts..so, instead of degrading, the stuff just builds up or causes nastiness like farts and general discomfort..

i wouldn't eat dairy if at all possible..

lucky for you, vegetarianism is a fad now, so there is soy milk, soy cheese and all that frozen yogurt..

feel better

Archived