Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

LA graffitti artists

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by ziperumpazoo, Oct 19, 2001.

1. ziperumpazoo

ziperumpazoo New Jack

I'm writing a paper for my art class on LA graffitti art and I wanted to write about the top ten or twenty artists. who is the most important/popular? I heard of chaka, saber, and mear(?). I see the tag alarm kgk all around my area here in La Canada. is he in LA too? I think graffiti is cool and all the other kids in class are writing about boring stuff like picaso and monet and I don't like my bitchy teacher mrs. Haskins!!! She doesn't think graffitti is art she wanted me to write it on impreshenism or whatever. Please help my papers due in two weeks!!!!!!!!! Also, are there any books i should look at??
    Thank you!!!
    Becky

2. 72swiftagression14

72swiftagression14 Member

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Jeez Beck, even in two weeks I doubt you are gonna be able to pull off the graff term paper, go with impressionism, it's a good school of art, lots of dope color theory... I hate to rain on your parade, sorry

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I dont know if I would consider writers from La Canada Flintridge to be considered LA writers. Go to beatbreaks and check out the books they got there. Also you might not want to write about Chaka representing graffiti art. Chaka killed shit with tags and throw ups but I never really saw his pieces. It would be hard to argue with a teacher from La Canada about tags being art. Chaka had too much negative press here in LA, your teacher might be like fuck this guys paper, just because your defending one of the most prolifics writers in history that caused thousands of dollars damage from Canada to Mexico.

5. Remy Martin

Remy Martin Guest

didnt chaka get like 8 years in the youth authority?

6. crso

crso Senior Member

why don't you try writing a paper on something you know really well.

7. please

die

8. Esai

Esai Member

AYE HOMEBOY,

IF YOU SERIOUSLY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT LA'S SCENE, DONT BE ASKIN ABOUT THAT SHIT LIKE A FOOL. SHITS SO FUCTUP THAT VATOS ARE TOO WEARY TO BE TRIFLED WITH THAT SHIT. I DONT MEAN TO BE A DICK BUT GO LOOK IN A BOOK, OTHER THAN THAT YOU EARN THAT KIND OF INFO HOMIE. TRY GOIN TO SOME STORE ON MELROSE AND ASKIN SOME GRAF STORE EMPLOYEE TO DROP YOU SOME SCIENCE FOR STARTERS.

STOLEN LAND X3

9. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Re: Re: LA graffitti artists

my thoughts exactly....

10. I_Love_Freights

I_Love_Freights New Jack

I'll be the nice guy and post some names she should mention. :)

so nice.

First of all, you'll need to know the important LA crews, and you can then look into who is related to them..

AWR
    MSK
    UTI
    CBS
    KOG
    LTS
    TKO

Theres more. I've simply missed them, straight up and down. Now you need to figure out which writers are from which crew.. and if, and why they may be important... If you're actually serious about this. Hit me with an email at reser@crackdealer.com ... I'm from canada as well, the west coast of Vancouver.. In any case. I know a fair amount about the LA scene and could possibly help you prove your point...

Contact me.

11. Mercenary808

Mercenary808 Guest

check out www.artcrimes.com
    then check out the LA pages and sites
    don't forget Sever.

12. Re: Re: Re: LA graffitti artists

my thoughts were far more violent and descriptive in the realm of gore. but thats just me
    xxx303

13. sotofish

sotofish New Jack

I think this could be interesting. I'm gonna post a new topic on favorite LA writers.
    Becky, check out www.50mmlosangeles.com they got some good stuff. As far as top LA writers, Chaka, Risk, Skill, Dream, Hex, Slick, Gkae, Saber, Mear, these are some of the ones that influenced LA and the entire world. Some of my personal favorites are Revok, Kofie, Steam, Man One, Dove and Fear, Maxx, Japan, Swank, Gylt, Lapse, Toonz, shit I better stop I'll be writing all night. Also check out the stories of SK8, Ayer, Rob One. Good luck with the term paper, it's gonna be hard to get info on these writers. And hey, graff is 'cool' but don't be so close minded about the other artforms. They're all related....

14. 72swiftagression14

72swiftagression14 Member

Saber, Revok, my favorites, yeah ziperump write about them