LA Cops kill man and baby girl.

Mr. Chad

Updated: 10:06 AM EDT

Police Officers Kill Man, Baby Girl in Standoff

Man Opened Fire on Police While Holding Baby

By ANDREW DALTON, AP

LOS ANGELES (July 11) - Police officers shot and killed a man Sunday night when he emerged from his home carrying a young girl following an hours-long standoff and opened fire, wounding one officer, authorities said. The girl was also killed in the gunfire.

Talk About It

· Post a Message

The man killed was identified as Jose Raul Lemos, and the girl, about 17 months old, was related to him, police said. The officer, who was not immediately identified, was shot in the shoulder and was expected to survive.

There were three exchanges of gunfire between police and Lemos, who was either age 34 or 35, Assistant Police Chief Jim McDonnell told reporters. In the final exchange, at around 6:20 p.m., Lemos held the girl as he shot.

''We did everything we could to hold our fire,'' McDonnell said. ''We showed a tremendous amount of restraint, but unfortunately the suspect's actions dictated this. ... It's a true tragedy.''

Broadband:

Baby Dies in Standoff

The standoff began at around 3:50 p.m. when officers responded to an area in South Los Angeles west of Watts after residents reported a man behaving erratically and aggressively. Lemos fired at the officers and ran inside a fenced area that included his apartment and his car wash and detailing business. He had a 9 mm handgun and a shotgun and was intoxicated on drugs and alcohol, police said.

Police called in a SWAT team and tried to speak with the man; when they at one point attempted to help a neighbor escape the area, he fired at them and they fired back, McDonnell said.

Officers were struggling with the thought that they killed an infant, he said.

''The officers are taking it very hard,'' McDonnell said. ''Anytime you have a baby killed, it takes its toll.''

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...711015409990002

these assholes better be taking it real hard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seldoon@Jul 11 2005, 08:09 AM

uhhhh..not shoot?? sniper? projectile bean bags?

fuck that, whoever baby momma is, she straight for life.

rip baby

He had a baby in front of him, snipers are well trained but theyre not supermen. And theres two reasons projectile bean bags wouldnt have worked or any "non-lethal" alternative, had the man gone down, he might have dropped the baby, which could have done some serious if not lethal damage to the child. And sometimes after being hit with these he still could have fired back, its been known to happen.

oh well shit, we don't want him to drop the baby, anything other than minor to serious injury is acceptable. let's just shoot her up instead.

and he was already firing, so him firing after being shot with the bean bags is a moot point.

and snipers don't need to be supermen???? they don't get in faces, they shoot from afar. From what i recall...that's what they are trained specifically to do, eliminate bad guys by targeting key areas with minimal damage to the surrounding area i.e. the baby in his arms. I doubt he had the baby draped over his head to prevent head shots. And i heard nothing about protective head gear. Fuck that. and fuck cops. specifically LA cops.

oh wah wah someone got shot by a cop because he shot at a cop. wah wah i dont want to live in this cowboys and indians world anymore.

dear maker of this thread,

if you would be willing to stand at a distance of 100 yards away on a 2 foot tree stump for a period of 10 minutes while i, at the opposite side of our "100 yards and 10 minutes of 10 guns super fun time" begins that may i fire 10 various weapons at you standing on aforementioned tree stump for a periodic rational time stamp of 1 minute per gun (one). i so much reading your personal philosophy on how someone should not shoot back when they are being shot at that i will even buy you dinner at the cheesecake factory.

you are a true american patriot. we should all stand and booty clap for you.

truly and madly,

gamblers grin

Originally posted by Mr. Chad@Jul 11 2005, 11:24 AM

the guy shot at a cop way before he got killed.

like you say, "the guy shot at a cop way before he got killed," and chances are a great thing, that too, will be in favor when i shoot at you for 10 minutes and have as many bullets i can whizz off in 10 minutes at hitting you. i enjoy this. this anticipation is making me hungry for lamb.

haha yea but i mean after he shot the cop he ran into some house and supposedly an hour later he walked out and they shot at him.

I mean there supposed to arrest him and shit not get revenge or whatever they were thinkin by killin him. Plus he wasnt makin and provactive moves when he surrendered to the cops.

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by Mr. Chad@Jul 11 2005, 11:24 AM

the guy shot at a cop way before he got killed. When he "walked" out the house they unloaded. It didnt say he made any attmept to shoot again.

Right. I'm sure he shot at a cop, and then went inside and put the gun down. Then, he came out with a baby. They must have thought, "He's holding a baby, here's our chance."

Come on man.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin@Jul 11 2005, 11:21 AM

oh wah wah someone got shot by a cop because he shot at a cop. wah wah i dont want to live in this cowboys and indians world anymore.

dear maker of this thread,

if you would be willing to stand at a distance of 100 yards away on a 2 foot tree stump for a period of 10 minutes while i, at the opposite side of our "100 yards and 10 minutes of 10 guns super fun time" begins that may i fire 10 various weapons at you standing on aforementioned tree stump for a periodic rational time stamp of 1 minute per gun (one). i so much reading your personal philosophy on how someone should not shoot back when they are being shot at that i will even buy you dinner at the cheesecake factory.

you are a true american patriot. we should all stand and booty clap for you.

truly and madly,

gamblers grin

Exactly.

Its amazing how many of you half-wits didnt bother to read the article. Homeslice was shooting at an unarmed civilian AND cop as they were trying to flee for cover. The standoff had gone on for hours and dude was high as shit. Theres probably unmentioned reasons as to why snipers couldnt take the guy out as I'm sure the cops wouldnt just say "hey you know what, fuck em both...". They know how much of a shitstorm that would land them in.

God some of you people are stupid...

OK, so to be objective, I suppose the police probably did try to not use force until it was demanded. And it is possible that they weren't out to merk everything in sight. And he did wound an officer, which usually makes their dicks hard, so he was kinda asking for it. She was just an unfortunate casualty.

But i still don't like cops.

check out what media SPIN does to a news story...

Man and baby die in siege gunfire

11/07/2005 - 07:55:53

Police officers shot and killed a man when he emerged from his Los Angeles home carrying a young girl following an hours-long stand-off and opened fire, wounding one officer, authorities said.

(bascially the rest fo the article is the same, but the title suggests he was besieged)

and what poor MOM has to say...

Baby Killed in Police Shootout

LOS ANGELES-July 11, 2005 — The mother of a toddler killed in a gunfight between Los Angeles police and the child's father says she pleaded with officers not to fire.

Lorena Lopez tells a Los Angeles TV station that she told officers the father of her toddler "needed help" but "they didn't understand."

Lopez says the officers "fired, like, 300 shots."

Assistant Police Chief Jim McDonnell says the man "was using the baby as a shield." Police say Jose Raul Lemos was holding his daughter as he fired at police after a standoff.