LA Belmont tunnel

JUDONO?

So I heard a rumor about the belmont tunnel being turned into some housing projects, anyone know more info about this shit. That would be pretty fucked up cause that place has alot of history but I guess and things come to an end. If this shit is gonna happen they should have some big ass session like when they had "A day in the west" a couple of years ago. Anywho anyone know more about this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest me IS cool

Yeah it's true. The Belmont yard is gonna be torn down to make way for some new low cost houseing units or some crap like that.

As for the Day in the west deal, it's been happening.

• 2 weeks later...

every weekend theres alot of writers who go there....i've been going evry weekend with my friends for like a few weeks now but there are likre city meetings and some people told me that there were gonna try fight it

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by ODS-1

Was the venice beach thing legal? I saw that thing in old skate videos. Wow. Fucking Eh.

It wasn't legal, but cops would usually overlook it. I heard of people getting busted there though. But after they tore it down and left a couple walls remaining, it's legal now. But it's not as tight as it used to be.

Originally posted by Graffer

What is Belmont tunnel?? Is it like a hall of fame or what?

Belmont tunnel is a graffiti yard in downtown Los Angeles. It's probably the oldest and most respected yard in LA. It's been hit since the early 1980's. Every known and uknown LA writer have hit up there. Cats from New York like Seen, Duster, and Blade have wrote there back in the 80's. If you saw the movie Biker Boyz, the scene where they filmed where the son is challenging his father in that graffiti yard -- well that's Belmont.

Belmont Tunnel was originally a yard for the old "red cars" that ran on rail throughought downtown L.A. back in the 40's and 50's (seen in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"). Basically a lay up. After they discontinued using red cars it simply became an abaondoned lot and by the 80's when NY graff came to LA, cats started hitting up there. So yeah Belmont does have a rich history and it will be sad to see it gone. They're supposed to build apartment buildings there I guess.

Archived