Kryptonite New York lock owners - BEWARE!

trackstand

Movie 1

Movie 2

kryptonite bike locks are:

the best on the market

the most secure

the most indestructible

open-able in 20 seconds with a 10 cent bic pen

and the correct answer is "open-able in 20 seconds with a 10 cent bic pen". details of how to open any bike lock using a cylindrical key (including most kryptonite locks) have been blowing up a number of bike websites and discussion boards in the last few days and sure enough, it's easy as pie.

check out this quicktime video of me cracking my $90 kryptonite EV disc lock in about 20 seconds.

bike owners beware, that same bright yellow lock that once said "don't screw with me" now screams "steal me!". obviously, i post this information as a warning to lock owners - not as a how-to. stealing is bad. stealing bikes is worse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it seriously took me under 60 seconds to open my old Krypto Evolution 2000 lock... I use one of the new Krypto New York Locks that have the keys that look like car keys, i guess these are not defective... if you look at the serial number on your key (the metal piece with numbers engraved) the kryptonite locks have kk- - - - or yse- - - - or nba- - - -

the kk numbers key locks are the ones having the issues.

Originally posted by DESTROY90

Kryptonite always had good chains, but not good locks. Thats pretty old news.. . too bad yall had to blow it up. Now everyone and their mama is gonna be breaking into em.. .

He's right. Only true gangsters should know how to open bike locks.

Originally posted by azert

People don't lock their bikes here in Japan. Go to any train station and there are hundreds of bikes. People here just aren't assholes like in the states I guess.

they have locks, they are by the brakes and enter through the spoke area. and yes people in japan are assholes, just like in the states.

Originally posted by trackstand

Movie 1

Movie 2

kryptonite bike locks are:

the best on the market

the most secure

the most indestructible

open-able in 20 seconds with a 10 cent bic pen

and the correct answer is "open-able in 20 seconds with a 10 cent bic pen". details of how to open any bike lock using a cylindrical key (including most kryptonite locks) have been blowing up a number of bike websites and discussion boards in the last few days and sure enough, it's easy as pie.

check out this quicktime video of me cracking my $90 kryptonite EV disc lock in about 20 seconds.

you should be the sakecracker in a slick and cool new hiest movie:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...