1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Krylon Rustoleum

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by whoneedsavet, May 1, 2005.

1. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

Krylon Rustoleum

Discussion started by whoneedsavet - May 1, 2005

Im from the UK and hardly ever see Krylon and never see Rusto. What are they like compared to Montana and Belton, over hear its mainly montana and belton for graffers but some people are using Monster colors. Is Krylon as good as other spray paint?

whoneedsavet - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. dune493

dune493 12oz Member

dune493 - Replied May 1, 2005

Hi.RUSTO covers more than KRYLON.KRYLON has more dope colors than RUSTO.You have the best paint for GRAFF so you aint missing nothing from the U.S.A.

dune493 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

CACashRefund - Replied May 1, 2005

Like dude said^^ you have the best paint already. With krylon and rustoleum youre not missing out on much. Krylon does come in dope colors, but it tends to run alot, rustoleum is good, great for bombing, good coverage, but your limited on the colors if youre into pieces and shit. You can get good shit done but if you want wild styles and shit forget it. Thats why rustos are primarily used for bombing throwups and the like.

CACashRefund - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. nickster

nickster New Jack

nickster - Replied May 1, 2005

Hands down Montana is better but these US paints are much cheaper and easier to buy/rack

nickster - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. Beer Can

Beer Can New Jack

Beer Can - Replied May 1, 2005

beer can says
    what they said

Beer Can - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

whoneedsavet - Replied May 2, 2005

Its nearly impossible to rack paint in the uk. We have to buy it all and its expencive. I can get about 7 400ml montanas for £20 or something around that not that cheap.If i buy off the net 30 pound. Too much

7. droptheknife

droptheknife 12oz Member

droptheknife - Replied May 2, 2005

better than paying five pound a can from Homebase or B+Q innit tho mate.

droptheknife - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. laughoutloud

laughoutloud Banned

laughoutloud - Replied May 2, 2005

shit talk. racking aint shit if you know what youre doing. fool.

laughoutloud - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  9. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

whoneedsavet - Replied May 2, 2005

fool you try racking from brixton when the shop owner is the leader of a HUGE crew an out side is about 50 mans that try robbing you.

10. Tremble

Tremble New Jack

Tremble - Replied May 2, 2005

in america u rack from stores with no metal detectors etc (well at least i think u do?)...
    in england the only paint thats worth stealing is sold by people who would run u out of town if so much as a cap left there stores.
    brixton hq for example...

Tremble - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. caffeine

caffeine 12oz Member

caffeine - Replied May 3, 2005

What's the pound to U.S. dollar conversion anyhow?

I'm just wondering how much Montanas usually cost for the UK writers.

Where I'm from its costs around 7 bucks a damn can.

caffeine - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. master bait

master bait 12oz Member

master bait - Replied May 3, 2005

^^^ insane! that's a fucking joke. Don't buy that... I heard that in spain, the (spanish) montana colors were under 3 euros. I guess it's expensive to export... or they're selling you the german brand that always seems to have a slightly higher bullshitting factor involved.

I'd really stick with krylon. 7 bucks is costly...

but hey all you euro kids! these montanas are a new thing too. people in europe have painted with alot of other paint before montana.
    there's

-belton RAL
    -belton hit color
    -belton molotow is new too
    -sparvar is danish
    -multona is german (i think)
    -every local brand with the correct cap system (worse is just as good for bombing)
    -etc
    -etc

and it's always a nice experience trying out weird brands... montana has a very limited color chart and you can usually find the same colors from your local hall of fame in every other piece. shit's boring (aside that you don't need so much fill color every time ;) ). When trying out crappier cans, think of it as a blast from the past, you know... all the old school heads started out with that shit. And personally I am very interested in krylon. it's like the legendary brand, the logo etc. From what I've collected you just have to learn the good colors with decent opacity and go from there.

As a land of $$$ and bussiness etc, I wonder why there's no high quality american spray paint brand designed for graffiti... Selling it a buck cheaper than euro paint would be a good market I think.

master bait - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. laughoutloud

laughoutloud Banned

laughoutloud - Replied May 3, 2005

how would you go about that then? slyly cut the cage with bolt cutters? i think not. toy.

laughoutloud - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  14. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied May 3, 2005

there are already many threads on spray paint.

anyway.

krylon is watery and not what it used to be

rusto is excellent except for some of the darker colors aren't great (like Navy)
    they also make a brand called American Accents
    great paint colors, all matte
    the new Green Apple is comparable to euro paint in coverage, consistency, and tone

and they make Painter's Touch
    more primary type colors, also all gloss
    but some of them are butter, like Spa Blue and Berry Pink, which in my opinion rival euro paint.
    these ARE high quality american paints.

rusto flat white and black are just as good as euro paint.

Valspar has got some great colors, but some of it is on the watery side.

European paint has it's drawbacks too.
    some montana has to be shaken for EVER to get it to not clump and shit
    and some of that belton is on the watery side i think.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  15. pinto beans

pinto beans New Jack

pinto beans - Replied May 3, 2005

just thought i would give an australian point of view. you can get most brands of paint over here but if you cant rack then you get used to paying up big time. not sure of conversion rates but all prices are approximate and in aussie dollars.................

euro paints-
    molotow= $15
    montana= $15
    pro line= $13
    ral= $13

cant get rustos (that i know of) but standard krylons are $10 whilst accents (if you can find em) are about $15, this is a pretty standard price for a whole range of other paints (that you wouldnt bother getting due to cost vs quality) including plasti-cote and some aussie brands, some paint can get up to the $17-$20 mark

there are two aussie brands that get used alot, dulux which has a few different ranges but the one that gets used most has a very limited range of colours, most of which are crap. generally you are looking at flat black, sky blue, galaxy blue, gold or chrome (as far as the decent quality colours go) and you generally pay around $6-$7 for it (if your lucky you can pick up the chrome for $4)
    then there is the new stuff made by writers, ironlak, which is generally pretty ordinary (changes colours as you use it, and some of the colours are weak as piss) but you are looking at around $7-$8.

these are all the paints that will take caps that you would bother buying (im open to corrections on this), there is other stuff, but you would only get it if you can rack it, the cost just aint worth it.

we do have access to cheaper paints aswell though, so for around $2-$3 you can pick up an export or five star, however alot of it is shithouse. the other thing about this is that they do not take caps, they are male tins and they have a fan spray nozzle or chisel cap as we call them. so the stock cap debate is almost redundant there, sure you can still do outlines if you want to, but it takes serious practice to get a uniform line with a chisel tip, and they tend to be runny as hell.

thats enough ranting from me, im sure theres more on this to be said, but whatever
    peace

pinto beans - Rank: New Jack - Messages: