KRYLON and RUSTO full color lists

imported_joewelcome

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 7 months later...
Originally posted by footsoldier

there's a mint on ebay right now going for over 600!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&item=741999400

indeed...when i saw that two things came to mind

"i need to find some mint and sell it on ebay" and "what the fuck is wrong with these kids?"

i enjoy collecting vintage cans as much as the next guy but really, you have to draw the line somewhere....i can think of much better investments than a $600 dollar can of paint that wont even be able to fetch $50 three years from now....

• 4 weeks later...

slap of reality

ok, now that an OLD post has became a nice 'lil bitchfest, i'd like to assert a few things-

-Mint Green had never even been SEEN by most serious can collectors. it's a color that didn't last but 5 years, if that. it is of the same pedigree as Hot Raspberry and Pennant Blue, 2 other colors that failed in the early '70's. it's pretty neat that it popped up like that.

-that can went for $710, which i believe is a record on Ebay for spray paint. i would have liked to see it hit $1000. it is THAT rare. you think it's insane to spend such money? i don't have that kind of money/impulse. but if you're just a kid who steals spray paint and destroys walls and then destroys paint cans afterwards, why the hell are you commenting on some people's attempts at preservation?

most graffiti writers are too involved in petty bullshit about themselves, their "fame", and killing shit. what kind of basis is that for understanding of a delicate, soon-to-be artform like collecting spray paint? face it, being a hardcore writer means blinding yourself to a lot of logical reality, a lot of the real world is taped over and ignored in a blast of paint and an empty can tossed in some bushes to die. so you don't agree with it.. so fucking what?

paint collecting has less and less to do with graffiti every day. such ignorance only widens the gap. considering the myopic, thickheaded tendencies of most of our 'peers', i'd like to thank you all for that.

maybe if the cat that bought the can went a hit somethin with it thats somethin i would admire but fuck go collect some stamps or somethin that the value wont drop 1 yr from now.. all i have to say is if u bought that can and painted with it then ur big ballin and dont give a fuck.....

The problem here that all of you, save Joe, seem to be missing is the fact that it's not how much the can is worth that counts. I'd rather eat a bowl of fried rat shit than spend $700 on a can of paint off ebay. I didn't find it myself, and I can think of about a thousand better ways to spend $700.

I wouldn't mind having a can of Mint Green, I'd be thrilled, because it's from the early days when graffiti was starting and it's a tangible piece of history. The cards could have fallen a different way and the can I hold could have been part of one of the famous Dondi wholecars immortalized in subway art, or one of the Lee handball courts in spraycan art. I collect this stuff for history and preserving graffiti as it was, before all you clowns make it a money machine and rated cans based on how many dollars they can generate on ebay.

Joe is doing a good thing, because he's trying to generate interest in the one part of graffiti that's not ephemeral. The supplies. I guarantee that 99.9% of you who say you'd much rather use the can wouldn't have enough motivation, ambition, or straight up heart for graffiti to put it to anything resembling a good use. In my experience, the people worthy of such a color are the ones that are inclined to save it. I'm not speaking about myself, because I know I have light years to go before something I'd paint would be worth breaking out even a can of cascade green for.

ehh....

i use all the paint i get a hold of.

or if its old, i try to give it to freinds before my dumbass uses it.

i just got some nice topaz and autumn gold for a wall peice.

i got access to a buncha bordens and full well plan on using them on some steel.

fuck it.

the cans look the same empty.

Archived