KOOL KEITH

Cracksmoka

I dont know if anyone else noticed this but tis been bothering me for a while and i just got reminded of it in the krs thread, i dont even know if the vast majority of you even have access to the newer kool keith albums (everything from mathew on{there is actually doctor octagon pt.2 out now although its not that great and nothing like the first one}) but my man has madd drama with outkast!!! and ritely sooo! andre 3000 bites the shit out of keith and since were on it rza samples alittle bit of his persona shit (and masks) andr. kelly even started rockin the zorro masks whats up with that shit??? anyway i just been wantin to speak on that for a LLOOONNGGGG minute and i would like to know wat yall think.... keith3.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Godfather Don is kinda nut case too.....I like some of Kool Keith's shit.....most of the Ultramagnetic stuff along with some of his solo joints....I don't know....fuck,I have a headache and can't really type right now.

if i thinks about it... there are sure alot of threads about kool keith and talking about kool keith in threads.... like or dislike more than any other mc..yadda yadda blah blah blah yippity ya hooblyhoo yadda yada and more so thats why blah blah yadda but when ultramagnetic fell through blah blah blah so when you take all of his lyrics and put them together blah blah and take out the words that are more than 6 letters blah blah blah yaddayadda it tells the true story of the history of man through gods eyes

i really feel like kool keith doc oc, dooom, whatever is really progressive... andre is biting him, but andre is only biting him in what he wears, his mc stylings are quite a bit different. i don't think anyone could pull off biting his mic skills without getting totally dissed....well, maybe avalanche...i dunno. similar...whatever.

b-tuss makes me say things that seem to make sense at first...then...it's all shit

Guest KING BLING

On one track you call out Andre from Outkast, do you want to elaborate on that?

Andre. Andre Benjamin, he's a big fan of mine. I'm so honored that he is. I think Andre is a great big fan of mine. I don't think Big Boi. I think Big Boi is a separate entity.

But I seen that I had a lot of influence over Andre, you know, as a child growing up. I seen that I had a lot of influence. And, from what I learnt, that what I used to see, in syncopation, I've seen a lot of my images totally at the right time, at the same time. Like "wow, I came out with these glasses and a Kangol." Then I look at TV and stuff and I see him, like "wow this guy has the same hat that I wore in Vibe magazine." Or "this guy has the same outfit I wore to this party on."

It's like his stylist or somebody, it seemed like his stylist was my spy. It seemed like his stylist is right across the street from my house. 'Cause I used to talk to my friend H and I used to say, "H, this guy has the same stuff." But not when he got weird. Not when he got too weird. I'm not saying I'm going to go all the way. But a lot of little things like the glasses and the blond wig, the little things I used to have, like the Elvis wig. I used to have other wigs just to wear at shows and clubs. And the capes, you know.

But I remember a lot of the clothes that they wore, I remember when I was with Sony, the same wardrobe had went through my cold eyes. The stylist was trying to make me wear that same wardrobe. And I used to look at them wear stuff, I used to be like "wow, that was shit I turned down." Sony used to try to get me to wear this stuff. And I was kind of noticing in my career, I was like "maybe, I didn't go as far as he did to do what he had to do." Like when I look at a lot of people, it makes me think about myself. I'm like "wow, the integrity." I was saying to myself that I'm a rapper, and I'm good, I don't have to do so much stuff to try and sell myself.

What I feel about them was, you know, the other guy was a very talented guy I think. I'm happy with their success, but I just think, it was a little more of their visual that sold them. They were very talented, but I just think people, didn't get to see their talent first. I think people saw their clothing; the image was just pushed so different. And now I'm thinking that at the time of Black people, I'm like, when I did all that stuff that they would be doing, and just a pinch of it, they wasn't even ready for it. I think the timing that they came out on their album was, people were ready for it. The stuff I was doing, people was probably looking crazy at me.

Not to say I wasn't an OutKast person that was into OutKast. I was into OutKast before people know about who they was. When they did the first album, when Goodie Mob was in the video in the backyard eating chicken. The 'Players' thing. You know, "all the players with the afros and braids"; the first album.

But, it's like once people got into their album, to me it was just a change, like people didn't wanna accept that they did do a different twist. I followed their first album, but when they did the second and third, I felt like" ok, something is strange here, it's like a drastic change."

But, I really found out about the music industry. They'll market a pink monkey and people will buy it. I just figured out that people will swallow everything, My whole observation was, I was a big blueprint in their career.

What happened was, when I was at Sony, the company seen what they could have done. They've seen what I was doing and they're just into an extra dimension of it. But I wasn't trying to go that far. 'Cause I was a good rapper. I don't think I needed to do as many things as they did. Because at the end of the day I still have my integrity.

My overall feeling about Andre, I feel like, one day me and him might meet up together, and maybe I might need him to sing a chorus, I might need him to sing hooks with me. I sing my own hooks still, but one day I might help him out on a record. I might have a funkier track for him to rap on. I have no beef with the guy, but I might have a little more funkier stuff for him. (laughs) You know what I'm sayin'?

http://www.urbansmarts.com/interviews/koolkeith.htm

Originally posted by MOOGLE?@Oct 27 2004, 03:00 AM

when i think outkast

the first person that comes to mind is ceelo green then goodiemob then george clinton and parlaiment funkadelic then sly and the family stone.. then early 80's hiphop clothing styles..

thursdays and fridays you could catch all those cats hanging at the yin yang club in atl...mad long ago...i really really respect goodie. i used to feel the same way about outkast until this whole pop explosion went on with them...

great interview with keith