Know Your Enemy

REZK one

I have been looking through Anti-Graffiti sites lately and some are very desturbing. Quotes like "Graffiti: Terrorism in the larval stage.

There is nothing artistic about vandalism." or "Get professional help for your child if you discover involvement in the graffiti culture" Am I a terrorist? do I need counsling? am i a bad person? post quotes from anti-graff sites and how you feel to be hated so much by the average joe. i don't know where i expect this thread to go but just build off it. peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yes ummm i would like to make a formal complaint to doug web for publishing half truths and mis understandings. this person that started a web site bashing graffiti and every thing about it, without looking at closely enough. i mean if you want to publish that graffiti costs the community then fine, because graffiti does, but as soon as a person publishes that legal graffiti is useless because the people who do legal graffiti never did graffiti any way, then youve just got to question what this blokes motives are.

some one post the url because you would be outraged at the stuff he writes.

you need to understand that the people behind such ludacris statements are but a very small percentage of the population . and the rest of the world/country isnt so naive as to believe in such statements , so i wouldnt worry about it if i were you . its ridiculous that some ppl are putting a simple form of artistic expression into such a negative and over the top light , but its gonna happen if you like it or not , the key is to present a unified and positve front , so as to not add fuel to their fire , and help ppl who dont understand , to understand .

Guest L.RonHubbard

its bad luck for me that they are relating graffiti to terrorism because alot of people already tell me i look like the Taliban!

Guest open247

in refernece the "needing psychological help" shit...my own opinion that the urge to do graffiti subconsciencely comes from creativity mixed with the moral idea that some that struggles through life and has hardships is glorified because of that...

i thought of that the otherday

Guest 87centHitMan

These types are most likely disgruntled store owners who got their shit hit up a few times so they feel that they have to wage a personal war against writers. Graffiti is something that they have no real knowledge of and really can't stop, but they'll still put in their half-assed, bullshit uneducated opinion about it. They have nothing better to do, they're bored and have no real life if they're spending their time trying to bust writers. They can try their best, but these heroes really can't stop graff and they never will.

Guest ArtvandaL

Operation KENNEDY is a policing initiative, introduced to combat a growing problem of graffiti in the western sector of the Southend Police Division. Over recent months, Leigh Police have received numerous complaints from local shop keepers and residents, who have suffered damage to their properties, in the form of so-called 'Tags'. Spray paint, marker pens and etching tools have all been used to create various designs, damaging local shop fronts, walls and buildings. The estimated cost of the damage caused runs into thousands of pounds.

During the operation, several local youths were identified as possible suspects. Inquiries were then carried out to match the distinctive 'tag' signatures to the individuals.

On Monday, March 6, 2000, eight youths were arrested at various addresses in the Southend area for offences of criminal damage and burglary. Searches of the suspects’ homes resulted in the recovery of stolen property from a stationery store, as well as numerous examples of their personalized 'tags'.

The ages of the eight suspects range from 13 to 22 years of age and who were all bailed pending further inquiries. Those arrested will be helping police over the next month to identify other sites in the Southend Division where damage has been caused. Although the exact extent of the damage is not yet been fully established, it is estimated that this operation may lead to the detection of between 200 and 300 separate offences of criminal damage. "Damn, aint that a bitch" said Winchesta Yankee, a beady eyed bystander from the neighborhood.

Guest ArtvandaL

SAN MARCOS ---- Sheriff's deputies took two 15-year-old boys into custody Thursday after city workers reported graffiti was being spray painted under the bridge in the 100 block of Rancheros Drive.

Sgt. Bruce Ruff and Cpl. Don Williams blocked off the exits under the bridge about 10:15 a.m. to catch the youths, who were cited for vandalism and released to their parents. Ruff said one was from San Marcos and the other from Vista. "Damn, aint that a bitch" said Daddy Yankee, a sexually hyperactive man from the neighborhood.

Guest ArtvandaL

EDWARD J. KURIANSKY, Commissioner of the Department of Investigation (DOI), today announced the arrest of two New York City Fire Department Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) on charges relating to the writing of profane graffiti on a New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) elevator. The incident occurred while the EMTs were responding to a medical call at the NYCHA development in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn three weeks ago.

According to Commissioner Kuriansky, on April 8, 1999, EMTs RONALD T. COYNE and his partner, GARY J. RUIZ, who were assigned to the 44th Battalion in Brooklyn, responded to a call at the NYCHA Albany Houses, located at 1414 Bergen Street. Despite signs in the lobby warning that the premises -- including the elevators -- were being monitored by the Video Interactive Patrol Enhanced Response (VIPER) Unit, a section of the Housing Bureau of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) specifically assigned to observe the Albany Houses, COYNE and RUIZ used magic markers to draw and write vulgar remarks, including, "[expletive deleted] U all. Get a job," on the elevator walls. "Damn, aint that a bitch" said Negro Black, a local crack addict.

• 2 weeks later...

stupid laws

Dude, graffiti is hard to deal with sometimes. You could be under a remote bridge painting where nobody goes except other writers and if cops or city workers found out and arrested you it'd be some big ass deal all over the city. that's just how most people view graff unfortunatley. It'd be this "huge accomplishment" for the city...fuck that shit. People need to chill. Us writers like chill spots to piece, and when stupid "good samaritans" ruin those spots just cause we're "vandals", it makes me sick. blah!

fuck it. we do what we do regardless, and will continue to do what we do regardless. terrorists, sure in a way, vandals, yep. artists, definetly. bad kids...whos to say? ive met some cats that you would never guess...good kids , bad kids...blah blah blah. graffiti is so stupid, i dont understand it sometimes....but i never understand how these people bug out so goddamned much...eh....rambling...the end

Archived