Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Knives

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by DM!, Dec 12, 2007.

1. pertplus1

pertplus1 Veteran Member

It is a China blade, that's why it was $30, but don't let it throw you. It's a great knife for the price.

Weighs 4.1 oz. It's the only knife I've carried consistently though, so I can't tell you if it's too heavy or anything. However, I never notice it's with me, unless I'm reaching for something in my pocket.

2. KILZ FILLZ

KILZ FILLZ Moderator Crew

[​IMG]

got a deal on one of these. my blade is a lil different, doesnt have that hump on top . . couldnt find a pic

3. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I love those applegate fairbairns. They're a little big for my hands, but its a sweet knife all around.

4. Walid Jumblat

Walid Jumblat Senior Member

Holy crap, everyone's got yellow fever in here.

5. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I think I have the opposite of that.
    Except for Japanese blades I don't own anything yellow.

6. pertplus1

pertplus1 Veteran Member

7. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

well i've got all these and about a dozen more since that post.
    If life slows down a bit I'll get a round to updating.
    A couple kershaws, spydercos, a buck or two, a couple new skinners, and I think some others too.

And thinking of it, those lower end gerbers might be chinese. I didn't pay for them...

8. pertplus1

pertplus1 Veteran Member

how's the nimravus and the chive? they look great.

would love to see an update when ever you get around to it.

9. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Honestly I've never even carried the nimravus. I'm doing a 7 day backpacking trip in a couple weeks that will be its first real use. I love its weight and feel, though its a thinner hilt than you'd expect, which I haven't yet decided whether I like or not.

Its actually a scallion, not the chive. I like it for an EDC a lot, but as I mentioned the blade lock is a real shitty design that I've broken on 2 knives. At around $30 standard internet price I don't know that I expect too much more, but I feel like kershaw could fix the problem with little effort.

10. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

nice collection for sure.

11. pertplus1

pertplus1 Veteran Member

So I've carried the Tenacious for like 3-4 weeks now, and I've come to the conclusion that it's too big. It's not too big for EDC outside of work, but at work, I just have too much shit in my pockets, and would prefer to not have as bulky of a knife to get around. I'm looking for something smaller now, like a Kershaw Scallion/Chive/Cryo or something.

If one of you guys have a recommendation, let me hear it.

12. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

spyderco delica (with the vg-10 seki city blade)

13. pertplus1

pertplus1 Veteran Member

Yea, I'm thinking about that knife as well. Might have to go with it

14. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

15. pertplus1

pertplus1 Veteran Member