Kittie: i dont give a fuck 'what i always wanted' is fresh as hell

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz

me and the wife were watchin the vid last nite...

i likeded it

she didnt

i like the drummer

you can have the kittie on double bass seek, i get the one on drums...

clearly there are som misconceptions as to what 'double bass' means.

it's in reference to having two bass drums, or atleast a double bass pedal, that allows one to do 'drum rolls' on the bass (think of the song 'one' by metallica' for a perfect example.) that 'helicopter' sound your hearing is double bass. every song should have double bass.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I must admit that i didnt realised what 'double bass' was (i suck at music terms). And i also dont know shit about 'kitty' either.

But with the example given, yes every song should have double bass.

Anyone remembers Lombardo's score? bpm?

That dude from fear factory is also fast as i can recall

haha i wrote bouble bass

as far as i know, i hate them. but i did like them a long time ago. i will give them another chance. i have been opening my mind to music i used to like and now hate. sadly i have discovered i like a few korn songs and system of a down. this is incredibly sad to me that i could like bands that appear to revolve around money and are made to please the stupid, but whoops...what can i say.

I dunno....

Yo.....

Being a former London(519) resident, I gotta say: I's hard to see these girls as 'hard' when I've seen them long before anyone knew who they were. In fact I recall a particular "Battle of the Bands......."

->moyen*

hmm...too bad the singer looks like a boy in drag. blek. bark. yuk. shes definately not a looker. but the bassist, muah, i'd give her a little jewish somethin somethin..tee hee

and her voice is not ''fresh'', neither is the video. take your head out of your posterior ansiq. u dont need to act like u like them, because theyre not reading this message from you, thus theyll never be flattered by your comment, and will never like you...

i think they're all fat and disgusting, so im certainly not trying to impress them. i think they're hacks as far as musicmanship goes, HOWEVER the one song in question, i think has a cool sound to it. the combination of actual singing, over heavy music like that is interesting. its not the greatest song in the world, but its keeping me amused lately... and my amusement is the only thing that matters.

i checked it out.. i also really liked the contrast between her voice when she sang and the heavy music. but i've never ever liked that gutteral raspy growling demon rap or whatever you'd call that kind of vocal style that happens when she isn't singing. it just seems really silly to me when people do that shit.

Guest serpent of the light

i haven't heard it, but everything else i've heard of them impressed me as much as marilyn manson does. just another hot topic grrrrrrl band from what i can see, i prefer the punk styllz of mxpx

xxx303

I don't think I have heard the song in question, but I would like to second seeking's "every song should have a double bass" comment. "Lawnmower" music is where it's at.

As for kittie, I never liked them enough to listen to them on my own, but while in the car with a friend, I enjoyed the beginning to one of their songs. After the girl started screaming it was all over....shit was awful.

Let Me Say THis..........

Kittie:

-Not really talented.

-They rock tho,

- Good singer, screaming......

-It has balls for an all chick band.

- In German Voice" IT Rocks"

- I would so want to be in an orgy with them

- / Only if the old guitarist, ( the dark skinned girl) were with me.

- Then i'd take the bassist Doggy style.....

- And the other two, yeah well.........

But really, its all about the titties. I mean music. Cough.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

clearly there are som misconceptions as to what 'double bass' means.

no, it is DEFINATELY a stand up bass... if you are talking about double bass drums, you must say that, sorry dude, that's the way it goes, also be aware of double bass drum pedals, one pedal, two mallets so you can play double bas drum riffs on a single bass drum... the only advantage to having 2 different drums is that you can tune them differently but the double bass pedals can also be adjusted to hit the drum head in different spots for 2 tones or both close to the middle for the same tone... double bass, however, is a stringed instrument with much more history than a double bass drum kit...

how would a stand up bass be considered a 'double bass' unless you actually had two of them in the band? and if tht were the case, it would be an implication of any bass, not simply a stand up one (or two.) i was refering to 'the double bass' as in the sound generated by a double bass drum set up.

and yes, i know you would have two bass drums to generate two bass tones, but you would also have two bass drums because you know its way more fucking hardcore than just having a double bass pedal. any fag can have a double bass pedal, only real men rock double bass drums!!!

I tend to disagree about that pedal remark as well... at the very least, the drummer has BY FAR the most shit of anyone in the band, he has more to set up and break down every time you play, AND you need the space to transport an entire second bass drum, the biggest in the set... it also takes some flair to rock a double pedal convincingly...

perhaps in the past 'double bass' refered to some pussy ass stand up bass set up, but fuck that shit! im changing the face of the popular vocabulary single-fucking-handedly! and i dont care how much stuff the drummer has to carry around wth him, if he didnt come to fucking rock, the bitch ass pussy should stay the fuck home! he should go play with a drum machine if he wants convenience. if he wants to fucking rock hard, he needs two bass drums. big ones. 26" if possible and real fucking long too, so they thump like fucking cannons!

Originally posted by seeking innocence

im changing the face of the popular vocabulary single-fucking-handedly!

oh yeah, you're on your own here...

if he wants to fucking rock hard, he needs two bass drums. big ones. 26" if possible and real fucking long too, so they thump like fucking cannons!

tell it to buddy rich... I can make a piccolo snare sound like a cannon when it comes through the board...

haven't you noticed that every time you say 'double bass' alot of people pop up saying, 'isn't that a stand-up bass?'... well, good luck with that language thing cheif, more power to ya :)

Originally posted by Smart

tell it to buddy rich... I can make a piccolo snare sound like a cannon when it comes through the board...

haven't you noticed that every time you say 'double bass' alot of people pop up saying, 'isn't that a stand-up bass?'...

tell that to buddy rich? i'll tell that to dave lombardo who will go out, get drunk as fuck off jack daniels, then find a shovel and dig up buddy riches not-rocking-very-hard-any-motherfucking-more bones, get out his double bass kit with the gibralter chrome rack system, and unleash heavy metal fury with rich's peuny little disintegrating femurs.

alot of people think im talking about a stand up bass cause they dont know the first fucking thing about rocking hard. if they did they would understand what i meant from word one. its a fucking code of honor. us vs. them!

seeking/tell that to buddy rich

son, I was weaned at the teat of heavy metal, I had hair to my ass until '92, I was a PAID heavy metal MUSICIAN from 86 - 92, I taught James Murphy from Death for a while, I even get props in the liner notes of Obituary's 3rd album, if there's a code, I KNOW IT...

i mean, i guess double bass drums 'fucking rock' and all that, but really, the grateful dead had two fucking drummers with a full on onslaught of percussion 'cannons'

beardo/lets see kittie use a fucking gong.

Originally posted by Smart

son, I was weaned at the teat of heavy metal, I had hair to my ass until '92, I was a PAID heavy metal MUSICIAN from 86 - 92, I taught James Murphy from Death for a while, I even get props in the liner notes of Obituary's 3rd album, if there's a code, I KNOW IT...

death an obituary huh? were they on the monsters of rock tour? I DOOOOONNNTTTTTT TTTTTHHHIIIIIINNNKKKKKKK SSSSOOOOOOO!

combined they sold what, 20, 30 albums? blah. the dude from pantera sold more broken drum sticks than they did records. PURE ROCK FURY!

beardo, dont start. they had to have two drummers cause one of them was always 'fishing out' in the parking lot doing fucking nitrous or some stupid hippy shit. he was stuck in some van with 18 dogs and hairy arm-pitted girls having a fuckng drum circle or some shit. king crimson had two drummers, both of whom had double bass rigs, so that means 4 quadrophonic bass that beats you into fucking submission!!!

Archived