1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

kiss of the dragon

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jul 12, 2001.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

kiss of the dragon

Discussion started by seeking - Jul 12, 2001

so i cant believe no one's mentioned this... are you all fucking sleeping? do they not have movie theaters where you live?

shit was stupid good... jet li kicks all the ass in the world. dude would whoop this whole board at one time... all of us... making us look stupid.
    go see it. you'll like it.

oh, and theres a bunch of graff... im not real up on french writers, but i saw JONONE tags... jon one is fucking good. him an jet li should start a club... jet li kicks them in the mouth, an then jon does throw ups on em. jet, jon... see a connection? im saying... im drinking... not having a job is fresh..

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. charlie dundar

charlie dundar 12oz Member

charlie dundar - Replied Jul 12, 2001

the plot was horrible even for an action film.jet li vs. the entire french police force....[uhhh]without backup.the fight scenes where good [of course],and an o'clock starred for about 6 minutes in the alley.not ,i repeat not worth spending 10 bucks on.

charlie dundar - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. imported_Tesseract - Replied Jul 12, 2001

A couple of days ago i saw a jet's interview about this movie.
    Jet was saying that when before the shooting he said to the producers and the whole stuff
    "In this movie i want to hurt you! i want everyone to know who jet li is"
    From your description sounds like he did it,
    it's not played here yet.I'll check it when it comes.
    By the way have you seen the directors cut on APOCALYPSE NOW? up to 3 hours must be raising hell.

4. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Jul 12, 2001

uuummm....after that movie with aliyah (see, it was so good i dont even remeber the name) i kind of stopped....ive got a box of 1960's kung fu flicks in the attic to satisfy my appitite

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jul 12, 2001

dude, when was the last time you saw an HK film that had a believable plot? in my father is a hero he took on the whole chinese underworld... in tai chi he took on the army (and won)... i dont watch em for believability.. i watch em to see folks get kicked in the mouth. there was alot of mouth kicking. it was worth my 5.50 matinee money and im sure i'll blow another 8.50 on it before i end up getting it on bootleg for 5...

6. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega 12oz Veteran Member

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega - Replied Jul 12, 2001

Jet Li just pisses me off now. Like someone mentioned, Romeo Must Die, seriously? Plus This isn't a HK flick, HK flicks are good and made in HK.

------------------
    Girls suck.

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

WebsterUno - Replied Jul 12, 2001

Just dont watch Pootie Tang, just dont.
    I saw it cuzz A.I. was too full, so we got free tickets,
    and snuck in to the first closeest movie, it was funny sorta.
    But I was high, and I still only laughed a lil. Jet Li kick ass.

webskki.

8. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE 12oz Elite Member

AeRoSoL JuNkiE - Replied Jul 12, 2001

That O'clock tag was in there for a long ass time...it was a good movie except it wasnt to realistic...o well.

AeRoSoL JuNkiE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. touched by a priest

touched by a priest 12oz Member

touched by a priest - Replied Jul 12, 2001

i agree with seeking. dope ass movie. you know its good when you bring your 11 year old brother to the movies, and he wants to leave half way through because its too gorey. fight scenes were awesome, but alot of things didnt make sense. i say it was worth it, though the kid in front of me had a fro, and i had a small circle at the bottom of the screen that i couldnt see.

touched by a priest - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. MR. Slugworth

MR. Slugworth New Jack

MR. Slugworth - Replied Jul 12, 2001

romeo must die was a fucked up movie...the whole thing by my standards was wack...too many people trying to boost musicians careers in the movie industry...
    and the fight scenes we're wack....
    i kinda get the same feeling from kiss the dragon....
    but if any of you ever seen
    "FIST OF LEGEND"
    you know what a good Jet Li movies is....

that mask movie was terrible.....

------------------
    go go GODZILLA.....

MR. Slugworth - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Jul 12, 2001

Damn seeking you must be drunk, cause the last 5 threads that you have replied in have said something about beer.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. BIGMETALCIRCUS - Replied Jul 12, 2001

try watching romeo must die on 4 percocets while your throwing up and trying to pass a kidney stone while the whole time your in a montreal hotel and you paid 12 dollars for it because the movie was pay per view. yeah it sucked... big time, im just glad most of the movie was a blur. kiss of the dragon was damn good though.

13. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

SPLINTER - Replied Jul 12, 2001

WEBSTER i am disappointed in you man. POOTIE TANG is a funny ass movie if you just go with the thought in your mind that the movie is gonna be funny cuz its stupid. its stupid funny.

Oh and KOD kicked ass i saw it the night it came at. i just hated those slutty bitches in the allies and why did the old guy have to die. that american chick he falls for isnt a very good slut 5 guys a week? shit i would keep picking her up instead of those other french skanks.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jul 13, 2001

romeo must die wasn't that bad to me. then again, i pretty much focused on how fucking hot aayliha was... plus it was filmed in my city... thats always fun.

anyway, if were gonna start recomending jet li movies, im standing firmly behind fong sai yuk and tai chi. dude fucking kills it in both of them.

and 'blah' to all of you complaining about it not being 'realistic'... did you see x-men? did you see heat? did you see jaws? for christ sake, they're not supposed to be realistic... not of the old kung fu flics were realistic, thats the point... PEOPLE CANT REALLY FLY no matter how good their kung fu was, but that didnt take away from me enjoying 'comet, butterfly and sword'...

speaking of all that, im going to watch '8 diagram pole fighter'... respect to anyone who can tell me who stars in it...

15. K[O]MEGA

K[O]MEGA Guest

K[O]MEGA - Replied Jul 13, 2001

mOvie arent suppose to be realistic..fuck if you wanted to see a realistic movie buy a video camera and film 2 hours of your day..would you rather see jet li kill half a city or your boring 2 hour life film..
    realistic and fantasy are 2 different things..movies are to entertain you life is to live..so whatever you wanna call it..