KINKOS IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE!

taco bell bomber

i went there to get price estimates on the printing of my magazine.

for color copys, 25 pages including the cover, half page size. would cost me like 5 grand.

black and white would cost me bout $500.00

thats fucking expensive.

any other cheaper way besides black and white copy machine???

please help.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha my friend always steals air duster from kinko's. he's the nightly janitor... air duster is like whip its except 5 times stronger. anybody ever tried that stuff?? if you have youre prolly bread dain... like me.

but no i have no other clues about what places are cheaper. sorry

Guest Dr. Drew

kinkos was always cheap for me, well basically because i had a buncha friends that worked there. i used to print 150 copies of my zine all for free, and they'd even do the stapling for me. sometoimes, if there were managers there, they would rinmg me up, but only for like one 7 cent copy.

only black and white, but

small publishers co-op

1521 SE palm ct.

stuart, fl 394994

772-287-8117

they have a website (forgot address, google it) they'll also send samples. i've got a small stack right here...

1,000 zines for $299 that's 16 page, self covers, black and white, 30# newsprint...also other types of printing, but no color...

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by metallix

Contact print shops. Color photocopying.. Ask around . Find a way to rack? Get a job at a print shop...etc..etc..

yeah, there are other places besides kinkos...

thats a good idea too, to be working at some shop..i need connections.

the zine i did....ummmm (counting the pages i did...) is 36pages...thats full sheets folded in half...so it would be 18 full sheets i guess. but yeah, i did the kinkos thing (its b+w photocopied...but its surprisingly good quality...). it would have cost me 100 bucks for the 100 copies of the issue i wanted run off. however, when i went in to run the whole thing off, i found a broken copy machine that they hadnt noticed, it didnt require me to use the expresspay thing.......so i ran off 140 copies for free. it was great. like a free hundred and whatever bucks.

i am however looking for a service to run it off professionally, possibly even turn it into a "real magazine" somewhere down the line. can anyone reccomend anyplace that does full color printing for magazines?

i checked that place someone posted before up above...i didnt get any results...

they pretty much eliminated racking at kinkos, that new system is pretty weak.

It was the shit when they used to do the copy cards, my homies would pretty much just give away cards that had like $100.00 on them. We still have a few and are trying to use them nowadays, but the cashiers keep telling us to call the corporate office. buncha fucking bullshit.

rape the system while you can.

Archived