Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

kilroy

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by realcanadiannatualspringwater, Feb 20, 2006.

1. realcanadiannatualspringwater

realcanadiannatualspringwater Junior Member

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

3. Scarekroe

Scarekroe Member

SEEN COOL DISCO DAN EVERYWHERE WHEN I WAS IN D.C.... DUDE GOT THAT OLD SCHOOL HANDSTYLE.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

his good shit was always in spots where the zombies roll deep..

...damn i miss gogo shows..and ginuwine rollin up back home tryin to get in the movie theatre for free an me tellin him to take his midget ass back to the ticket podium and pay

5. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

quality thread this is

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

ketchup rubber and liqour

should this be in third rail?

7. Scarekroe

Scarekroe Member

HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE STILL ROCK KILROY WAS HERE TAGS FROM TIME TO TIME JUST TO KEEP IT ALIVE?

8. Scarekroe

Scarekroe Member

WITH THE DUDE WITH HIS NOSE AND FINGERS OVER THE FENCE

9. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

my friend's mom does, she gets down with the get down

10. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

i'm gonna start doing hello kitty streakers..black/white/purple three core and hit up "mr. manners was here" under it

[​IMG]
    "mr. manners was here"

gangsta

11. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

so it was kilroy way before taki and cornbread? take that ny and pa. the uk invented modern graffiti and kilroy was all-world before any of your "kings".

12. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

13. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah, I've never understod why Kilroy never gets any mention in the history of modern graff. Dude was way before anyone else (except hobo streaks on freights, which were way earlier than him, even).

When I was growing up, my Grandmother ussed to have tons of old Mad magazines that my father and uncles had collected in the sixties and seventies. A lot of the artists used to put Kilroy up in the backgrounds of the illustrations, which I immediately thought of when I first went to NYC and saw my first real graffiti. I guess dude isn't "hip hop" enough to get mention in the graffiti history books, though.

14. Scarekroe

Scarekroe Member

KILROY WAS STARTED BY AN AMERICAN SERVICE MEMBER.

ALSO I DON'T THINK KILROY HAD MUCH OF A CONNECTION WITH THE GRAFF SCENE THAT DEVELOPED DURING THE DAWN OF THE "HIP HOP" ERA IN NEW YORK AND PHILLY. HE WAS JUST SOMETHING THE DUDE WOULD WRITE AND SOON OTHER U.S. SERVICE MEMBERS COPIED AND IT SPILLED OUT INTO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned