<<<killing time>>>

j3di

okay so i dont sleep...ever. and ive been having trouble keeping my hyperactive mind occupied...what do you do to kill time? i draw alot and play video games but that shit leaves me with no sense of accomplishment...as does most of the shit i do anyways...yeah so just looking for ideas to kill boredom...

pointless post #82

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You don't kill time. Time kills you. This is a disgraceful topic. "Boredom" is for weak minds. Learn something. Read. Contrary to what you may have found out via the forced learning of school, learning shit CAN be fun and interesting. The idea that "books are boring" is unfortunately the only lesson a lot of kids learn in school. That's because in school you're given some of the least interesting books ever written. And some of the best books ever written are too controversial to be presented in school. They keep plenty of interesting, even life-changing books at your local library. Look at the various "good book" threads throughout the history of channel zero for some recommendations.

Learning isn't all about reading either. I spent a couple hours, a couple times a week, watching activity at my local freight yard - for several YEARS. I learned a shitload. Another source is people. Meet people and ask them about shit. Talk to people who do craftsman or other technical work in a field that even vaguely interests you, and get them talking about their craft. I hear interesting shit this way. Ask some old people you know about their youth, their war experiences, their jobs. Old people are slept on as a source of information.

Another rich way to pass the time is exploration. Go for a walk. I guarantee you there is at least one place you have never seen or been in walking distance of your house. At least a hundred in biking distance. In the town I grew up in, and moved back to a couple times, there was a place less than 3 miles from 2 different houses I lived in, which I slept on for more than 20 years. A 3 mile bike ride, across the highway, and up a path by some powerlines, which looks boring as hell from the road, and I found, just last year, an unbelievable piecing spot which I turned into the biggest thing I have ever painted, plus miles of wooded trails and a junkyard behind a junkyard with some oldschool graff. I've gone back a dozen times because it's such a collection of cool spots.

I'm older than most people on here, and I see a disturbing trend among kids these days. They want to be ENTERTAINED, NOW, and they don't want to have to do any kind of work to reach the goal of pleasure. (That is ultimately what is so shallow about drugs.) I've learned there's more pleasure in achievement - but you have to put in work. Then the fact that you put in work makes you prouder of your achievement. You can experiment with this principle using graff. If you can find a real remote, chill spot, try to do a huge production all by yourself which is so big it takes several weeks of going down there and putting in a few hours a day...your own Saber LA River piece, or something almost that big or ambitious. If you pull it off, I guarantee you'll feel something that beats any drug (and there are no side effects or hangovers, unless you get arrested).

I feel sorry for anybody whose attention span was so short that they couldn't bring themselves to read this entire post.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

You don't kill time. Time kills you. This is a disgraceful topic. "Boredom" is for weak minds. Learn something. Read. Contrary to what you may have found out via the forced learning of school, learning shit CAN be fun and interesting. The idea that "books are boring" is unfortunately the only lesson a lot of kids learn in school. That's because in school you're given some of the least interesting books ever written. And some of the best books ever written are too controversial to be presented in school. They keep plenty of interesting, even life-changing books at your local library.

this is soo true , i hated reading in school because it was painfully boring , this is because u r forced to read terrible books in school that dont interest you in the least , however in the summer following grad , i just happened to pick up one of my moms books , in the 7 months since then ive read well over 20 books ..............reading is quite fun

while sometimes i am just plain bored i have to agree that ppl bore themselves , go learn something , u might enjoy it .

while reading the portion on drugs i had a mild epiphany , ive been trying to vocalize that for awhile now , but could never quite find the words.........ppl who rely on drugs to have a good time repulse me , and its very pathetic to think that society now a days believes this more and more.........in middle school and even the first part of highschool , drugs were bad , and still plenty of fun was accomplished . but then as you get older they along with alcohol become more and more involved in daily life and in entertaing ones self . as Cracked said , drugs are just so shallow , im glad im not .

Originally posted by Zack Morris

masturbate...that is getting something accompolished, kills time, and keeps you busy. Idle hands are the devils plaything.

shit, i used to do that when i couldnt go to sleep but id end up with more energy after jerkin. i hit the nyquil bottle now, sure to put you out within an hour. i only take like teaspoon then drink a lil water.

Archived