Kill Your Television

Drunk Sober

So I heard some shit about tv's being used to spy against us. I went to the search engines and typed in "television spy." I couldn't find anything relevant to what I was thinking of, so I tried "kill your television." I found some good links. Well I've been thinking about getting the tv out of my house for a long time. Supposedly 90 plus percent of America has one. Everyone I mention this to gets defensive automaticaly and can't understand why I'd want to do such a thing! That makes me want to get rid of it more. So what does everyone else think?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

at my house we have satalite... we have a shit load of channels... when i actually do sit down to try and watch something.... i cant find anything to watch... 3000000 channels of garbage.. and the damn commercials drive me insane... lots and lots are racially targeted.. the programs are shit... there are like 20 different "fix up your home" shows.. god knows how many reality tv shows... i wish they would just show old school cartoons all day long... none of the new shit... id like to think better of myself for watching less than an hour of tv a week... but then again i waste prolly 3-4 hours a day on average on the internet... but drinking while youre on aol isnt drinking by yourself right????

ramble

to hell with spell check

Originally posted by slave_one

^ that computer pic is eerie...

as the disposable heroes of hiphoprisy used to say about TV:

does it imitate us, or do we imitate it?

hahaha, fool quit listening to music in '92... or it's flashbacks, anyway, yeah I was there for that too... (they's a hole in the bucket...)

Only suckers and hippies fall for the rumors that the gov't or some secret agency is somehow spying on you through your television . TV serves but ONE Purpose .

REVENUE.

In other words money , for for tv studios , stations , and their execs , money for the companies behind the commercials that get you to buy their products , money for the actors that act in your favourite shows ,money for the atheletes who play in your fav sports that are always on , money for the ratings ppl who keep track of and sell all this useless info . Money for the companies that manufacter and sell TV's . money for the contractors that build the sets your rich actors act on . money for everyone but YOU and ME .

Its just a by-product of all this money that TV happens to be entertaining , thus why the nature of popular tv changes with the year . to keep you watching and spending and keep them rich .

Im all for getting rid of your tv if you believe theyre wastes of time , bc without it theres probably a whole lot more you could accomplish , read a book sometime , they are better than tv , no joke . But getting rid of your tv bc you think someone is watching you is retarded .

that's just some paranoid shit someone said to me. I like to research shit like that on the web because there is a lot of good info here. I'm not saying I would believe everything I find on the net, but I do find some interesting things. At least info here is more open minded than the shit on tv, newspaper, and radio. I'd get rid of the tv to try and break away from all the consumerism and propaganda. I'm not saying there aint shit i like on tv, it is just too much of a rush of imagery and advertisements. Something i think might be to intensive at times.

Good for you dude, I hardly ever watch TV these days, just DVDs and I watch those on my computer mainly. The shows I watch are easilty downloadable, so I can watch when I want and not see commercials.

I'd give you a lot of credit if you tried to raise your daughter without television. Maybe she'll be one of those rare children that enjoys reading.