Kerry selects Edwards for VP slot.

Poop Man Bob

... so says the AP and basically all of the networks. And as I was writing this thread, I got the email from the Kerry campaign announcing Edwards was its choice.

I'm glad Kerry chose Edwards. He's an amazing speaker and campaigner, which will contrast well with the dour, grumpy, and monotone Dick Cheney. If you're ever flipping through the channels and run across him speaking on CSPAN or something of the sort, give him a watch - he's great. He's from the south which, while it may not automatically carry North Carolina or any other southern state, certainly helps the Kerry campaign shed the northern elitist image. Plus he's just so damn cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ahem.

Downside - he has no real foreign policy experience, and he's never been reelected to any elected position.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just went to see Farenheit 911 with the girl on the Fourth. She was pretty outraged by the whole thing the whole ride home, so later on we were talking up the movie to her mom who voted for Bush. She said that she liked John Edwards.

phew.

i liked this guy.

def a lot more than some of the other options.

and i'm glad he chose a democrat rather than some middle of the road guy.

he's intelligent, and a good speaker.

as far as foreign policy experience, i'd say at this point Poop Man Bob's grandmother could do a better job than the president we have now.

any idiot can fumble foriegn policy as bush has. And edwards is one guy that puts me at ease when he speaks. Even kerry gets me tense to listen to; he's no AL gore, but hes still got a stick up the buttox.

Dems need strength down south, Edwards is well spoken and carismatic; he also looks like hes gonna plant a big kiss on kerry here:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040706/capt.sge.kur38.060704115333.photo00.default-336x384.jpg'>

i'll also admit i dont know enough about him yet, to really speak on the pros and cons.

with some of the other names that were being thrown around...I'm more than pleased with Edwards. He seems like a pretty damn good choice to me.

I made sure I was registered to vote this past weekend. I am now fully qualified to bitch about the current dumbass in office as much as possible.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Wait a minute, I'm not American, I could care less.....

come on now dazzler...

american policy and politiks effects us too.

more than we'd like to admit really.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Pilau Hands

I hope he and his wife have some great sex tonight.

hardyharhar...

this pleases me as well.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This is awesome. I had strongly hoped he'd pick Edwards, I'm damn happy he did.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by BUCK FUSH

id rather have mccain

here here. i would have voted for him in 2000 had he not lost in the primaries. thing about mccain was that when kerry's people quietly floated the idea to him, he pretty much said there was absolutely no way. Mccain definitely seems like a straight shooter, and hes got a hell of a personality/sense of humor.

fuck mccain...he talks a good game, but when it comes down to it he had a chance to change the country and the world.

but in the end, he put his party affiliation before his country...wow, really maverick.

i cant wait to see ole dick battle a sharp witted charming southern lawyer in the debates...hahaha....its gonna be great...

Archived