KERRY INTERVENES IN OHIO

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Guest ctrl+alt+del

November 30, 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Press Contact

Statement From the Green Party Presidential Campaign Concerning John Kerry's Intervention in Ohio Recount Court Case

Kerry-Edwards campaign files papers in Ohio to intervene in legal proceedings in defense of Green Party presidential candidate David Cobb, Libertarian Michael Badnarik

Ohio — Today, attorneys representing the Kerry-Edwards campaign filed papers in Delaware County, Ohio to intervene in legal proceedings in defense of Green Party presidential candidate David Cobb, Libertarian Michael Badnarik and their legal counsel, the National Voting Rights Institute, who are seeking a recount of all votes cast for president in the Ohio 2004 general election.

"We welcome the support of the Kerry-Edwards campaign for the recount and we call upon the Bush-Cheney ticket to offer their support for this multi-partisan effort as well."

— Blair Bobier

Cobb-LaMarche Media Director

On November 23, at the request of the Delaware County Board of Elections, a Delaware County judge issued a temporary restraining order against Green Party presidential candidate David Cobb, Libertarian Michael Badnarik and the National Voting Rights Institute, seeking to prevent them from initiating a recount of the presidential vote in that county.

The judge issued the order without first consulting the candidates or their attorneys.

"The Cobb-LaMarche Green Party presidential campaign has been leading the effort to seek a recount of the presidential vote in Ohio. We are seeking a recount to protect the integrity of the voting process, to protect the right to vote and to ensure that all votes are counted fairly and accurately.

The Cobb-LaMarche campaign has been joined in this effort by the Libertarian presidential campaign. We believe that all presidential candidates should support the recount in Ohio to remove any cloud of suspicion cast on the election results. We welcome the support of the Kerry-Edwards campaign for the recount and we call upon the Bush-Cheney ticket to offer their support for this multi-partisan effort as well," said Blair Bobier, Media Director for the Cobb-LaMarche Green Party presidential campaign.

The Cobb-LaMarche campaign is currently seeking recounts of the presidential vote in New Mexico and Nevada, in addition to Ohio. For more information, see the campaign website, http://www.votecobb.org. Information about the Green Party can be found at http://www.gp.org.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

talk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yup....its over...

for the love of god all you had to do was beat a man who tanked the economy, the environment, the war in iraq and our civil liberties...my fucking grandma could have done a better job....

it.....is......over

join al gore on the sidelines....a man who could not even win his home state...

yeah....its sorta of scary....but these are not republicans folks! no no no!

yours truly was once registered as one! i know!

no, these are wolves of conservatism in republican sheeps clothing!

no true republican would have a constitutional ammendment to ban gay marriage.

no true republican would let the government tell a woman what to do with her body.

no true republican would tell states what their medical laws would be.

no true republican would run such deficits.

this is a sham! this is not republicanism! this is a opportunistic double standard conservatism...

a true republican does not just deregulate business and regulate private lives!! this is sick. you do not promote the market place of products as the ideal but then try to control the market place of ideas!!

where are the men who are going to take this party back!

Why would anyone attempting to "take the party back" have any success? Look at what the Rs have done the last four election cycles. They're kicking ass! Those in control of the party will be there for quite some time - i.e., until the Ds make some serious gains and threaten the Rs stranglehold on all three branches.

yeah but there was no santorum, frist, hassert, delay on prime time during the convention! noooo, there was pataki, giuliani, ah-nold, and mccain! all moderate republicans! republicans not psuedo-conservatives....

the crying minority of conservatism and the religious right is not where the majority of the party is....if it was, then the men mentioned above would not be the friendly face of the party...

The fact that Santorum and crew isn't the public face of the Republican party doesn't mean anything, provided that Santorum and crew remain those with the real power. Santorum and crew threw the moderates a bone by letting them stand on stage and say 9/11 in 400 different ways. But who still has the power? Santorum et al. And who won't be giving it up any time soon? The same.

I understand what you're saying - that eventually the moderate Republicans are going to wake up and realize that their party no longer represents their views. I just don't think that's going to happen.

At the risk of once again embroiling myself in a pointless debate, I submit that the success of the neo-cons can be laid DIRECTLY at the ultra-left Democratic Party faction's doorstep, because:

If there IS no conservative alternative within the DP, people who oppose the RP agenda, but also oppose the DP's liberal social engineering have no choice but to vote Republican.

We have several excellent examples of this here on this board, although here, of course, the DP supporters far outnumber those people who voted Republican. But that is not true out in the rest of the world, where the RP held a slight majority.

Because the DP has turned it's back on social conservatism, traditional morality and traditional religious belief, those people were driven towards the RP. The fundamentalist extreme right wing supported Bush by a wide, wide margin, because of the gay marriage issue and the abortion issue. These people are not going to go away. If the Democrats want to win, they need to come up with something to address these people's concerns.

A significant minority of black Christians, who tend to be very conservative socially, and who are often living in neighborhoods wracked with crime, drug traffic, gangbanging, etc. voted for Bush. If the RP is smart, they will go after these folks with a determined vengance, doing everything they can to empower them within their own communities, showering them with programs, high visability political contacts, access to Republican Congressional representatives and so forth. I had a very vocal black co-worker tell me, "I really support all the Republican ideas. But I always vote Democratic." (What?! Why ?) "Because Bill Clinton was the first black President."

The DP was astounded to realize that about 40% of UNION MEMBERS voted Republican. This also is probably due to the liberal social agenda, not economics, because union members have very little sway in the RP, more's the pity.

And in my case, the DP fucked up bad. They are totally opposed to everything I believe about the Second Amendment. My wife and I have already decided to make a substantial donation to the Republican Party next election. Although I do not oppose civil unions for gays, and I accept abortion as a necessary evil, and I'm not pleased about the Patriot Act, and none too happy about the way the war on terrorism is being conducted, the Democrats are giving me NO LOVE on the guns issue. And since the Libertarians are a sad joke in terms of electability, that just leaves me one choice. Still, if the Republicans get to feeling too cocky, they will get beat next time. Their majority is a very slim one.

What do you mean there are no moderate Democrats. That is simply not true. There even used to be a Conservative Democrats wing of the DP.

It's not Democrats who have divided the electorate. It's the Republicans. Republicans pushed their agenda with fear of terrorism and cemented it with just about every wedge issue out there. Religion, Abortion, Guns, Gay Rights (even the positions on this were taken to extremes leaving out civil unions as an option). These are issues that have no real validity in this election and in the state of world affairs today. Our main priorities should be to rout this corruption within this government/corporation symbiosis and then deal with security and the environment. Instead one issue voters were prodded out in droves by putting a gay marraige issue into the vote in what looks to be almost, if not ALL battleground states. Please, correct me if I'm wrong but it looked like it was on the ballot at all battleground states give or take a few perhaps.

Republicans have become sick. Even moderate republicans have shown a tremendous amount of complicity with this sad and illegal state of affairs. I doubt there is anyone... well maybe ONE or TWO... perhaps 10 at the most who are fighting the good fight. But I am really very disappointed.

Perhaps the only way to solve this is to follow the Ukrainian example.

there are a few moderate democrats. however they are the ones that are hated in the party. for example from what i understand leiberman is not fond of kerry. the key is USED to be a conservative wing in the party. 30 or more years ago it WAS THE party. talk about taking a 180. now if you are to the right of john kerry you arent worth a shit. im sorry but i dont see alot of extreme liberals getting elected. even everyones favorite, kennedy, was a life member of the NRA. now if your NRA your a elitist ring wing nazi. Most americans are in the "Middle."

Guest BROWNer

i swear i'm not trying to get a reaction out of you

kerry lovers, but the more the election fades, the

more it becomes clear to me how shitty his campaign

was on some severe issues.