Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Keeping spots chill

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by cracked ass, Nov 29, 2000.

1. ynoekills

ynoekills New Jack

That message wasn't meant towards you man it was meant for Johnnycoal train I respected you're advice bro lol sorry for the misunderstanding

2. hostbaby

hostbaby Junior Member

I guess the whole freight forum is completely dead...

3. BigmouthStrikesAgain

BigmouthStrikesAgain New Jack

4. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

yeah wtf happened, this place used to be poppin.

Ctfuckedup likes this.
  5. naps45

naps45 New Jack

take nothing but pictures....leave nothing but maybe a footprint or two

6. naps45

naps45 New Jack

I just found a little spot and may hit it up. Out of shear respect for its chillness I am debating rolling in there..and I'm honestly getting an opinion from one of the hardcores in this city about it. Very few places here to rock shit.

7. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Not even footprints if you can. Your footprints can show where/how you got in/out.

8. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I've been on IG for like a month and cannot believe the shit people say in comments and post images of. Fucking mindblowing.

Nestarcist and One Man Banned like this.
  9. chester copperpot

chester copperpot Junior Member

Jersey City Nj 2016

Photo Chester Copperpot

image.jpeg

10. breakfast menu

breakfast menu Member

yeah, #tbt to when people cared about this stuff.

11. One Man Banned

Been seeing a lot of shit lately that's bad for business. Strongly encourage people to read this thread. Some things encountered of late:

Don't be sloppy, keep your shit together with you, don't want to find your latex gloves on the track leading into the spot.

Do not give out the locations of spots, don't let people know where you paint. Don't post or discuss your location(s) on social media, and be careful that you're not geotagging shit. Posting pix of yourself painting on social media/internet is a poor idea, keep that shit in private.

If you find freights somewhere, congratulations, but don't assume you're the 1st to find it, only one who knows it's there, you might be fucking up someone else.

Also with this, it pays for you to know if what you found is there temporarily, regularly, long term, etc. Do your homework! Recon spots and learn the schedule. Hitting something that doesn't move, or isn't going anywhere for a long time, blows things up.

If you're trying to reach or meet someone, don't use the freight for that, you're leaving a lot of messages and revealing your (and possibly their) location.

Helps to learn what the local freights/equipment are. These are the trains and such owned by your local freight carriers that they keep in that area for various jobs or storage, and they are not going to leave the yard or go far. Painting these only reveals that graf is going on there.

Seen that someone painted and then left the shit they stood on right in front of the panel, smh.

Taking shit off the freight is generally not a good idea. Posting that shit on social media, worse. There's info there that reveals your location. Also, some of that shit has to be there, was put on at/near the location it was taken from so kind of obvious.

If you've made any of the internet/social media blunders I'd suggest deleting your pics or the account and start over.

Final word is re: etiquette/values- sometimes you have to go it alone. I think part of the OP's intentions were toward longevity, preservation, and keeping things secretive. Not everyone out there is going to believe in these things and when you see people who are going to fuck it up for themselves and/or others you might be better off on your own until a later time. Sometimes that means passing on someone who might have a dope graf game but maybe not such a good criminal game. Much better to have a chill spot to yourself all the time then to have someone ignorant with you once and then you lose the spot because of that.

12. VA999

VA999 New Jack

13. VA999

VA999 New Jack

Saw this at a not-so secret spot in my area recently. Regardless, I was mind-blown at the carelessness it takes to drip this much paint directly on to the track and not even make an effort to wipe it off. Not to mention the dozens of rocks I had to pick up and toss because they had paint on them. Unfortunately, I don't think toys responsible for this kind of shit even know what 12oz is, but if you fisher-price mother fuckers stumble across this somehow, read this thread in it's entirety. Also, if anyone G checks you at a spot, it is because they know what they are doing. Don't get angry. Don't get frustrated. Hear them out and respect what they have to say even if they diss the shit out of you.

Fist 666 and One Man Banned like this.
  14. One Man Banned

Forgot to mention be aware of your surroundings, where/how you can be seen, who else is around, etc. About a month or so ago 2 people thought they were going to run into the yard to check a freight for whatever reason they did. John Public was sitting there and saw them do it, assumed they were there to burglarize the freights, and called in their car to the Railroad. Kind of stupid IMO. Was on tour at a yard about 2-3 weeks ago and saw someone go in ahead, sneaking, ducking, etc., never occured to look behind him and see he was being followed. Lost him in a line before I could catch up.

15. ALMIGHTY_3

ALMIGHTY_3 New Jack

Bruh that picture of that guy throwing up on that guy is sick..