Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Keeping spots chill

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by cracked ass, Nov 29, 2000.

1. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Know when to walk away. I always think of the scene in Heat where they're drilling and DeNiro hears the sound of the cop bumping the wall of the surveillance truck. He's not 100% sure, but that little bit of feeling that something's not right makes him leave and the cops get nothing. If the spot doesn't feel right, even if you can't tell why, leave.

I hope people are peeping this thread. A lot of newer kids are less knowledgeable, and sometimes I see more experienced and/or known heads setting bad examples.

CILONE/SK likes this.
  2. aLBERThOFFMAN

aLBERThOFFMAN Senior Member

Gonna follow up on this. Recently some "seasoned" freight writers came around and started doing stupid shit that they should know better not to. Going to spots that have been preserved for years in the day time with like 4-6 people, doing multiple panels at small spots, showing people spots who have no business on freights. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. Play it safe and don't get careless about spots even if you're comfortable.

3. One Man Banned

Don't see where my 1st post went, but going to keep adding here & there in the hopes that new jacks and ignorants read, and that those with a sense of ethics and etiquette add on. Spots are like hiking- pack out what you pack in, and leave no trace. Likewise, most tracks have ballast, as in crushed rock. Especially in lay-ups, sidings, businesses, if you're going to drip peep the ballast afterward and toss those rocks or at least turn them over. Workers and business owners know there's no painting of any RR property in those locations, so all those drips on the ballast gives away what's happening there.

4. MedicineCabinet

MedicineCabinet 12oz Loyalist

paint naked in the day with an extinguisher, spaghetti lining as many as you can in a row

5. ynoekills

ynoekills New Jack

So I think my yards bull is on to me I live in Kentucky literally in the sticks we have no graff scene besides me and one other person we mainly paint ns coal trains and hoppers and when i say that i usually do 2 or 3 pieces every 3 to 5 days but afterwards i will literally go down each line in the yard and do a few throws and at least a tag on every car until ive slayn everything in the yard and ive been doing this on and off for about 3 months now...the yards always been chill like stupid chill but recently I've noticed random patrols and spot lights any tips or info previous encounters/experiences? And yes I take breaks between them but recently it's like it's way hotter then usual. And yes Im experienced around the yard and very clean and discrete about entering/leaving the yard and I know it well. Any advice would be great.

6. aLBERThOFFMAN

Way to go. You ruined what seems like a great spot, just because you got greedy and just haaaaad to hit every car. Think about it like this: would you rather have a reliable spot that you can go to paint burners a few times a week for the rest of your life, or would you rather see you tags and hollows on cars for a few years but never be able to paint there again?

Save that petty shit for the streets man, grow up. No one is like "yoo, so and so is mad up on trains with tags and throws brah".

In fact I'm gonna go ahead and say fuck bombing freights altogether. I'm tired of wasting paint backgrounding over you wack fucks.

7. JonCoaltrain

JonCoaltrain Elite Member

advice: quit. now. if you try that shit in TN I swear to god my boys will fuck you up beyond recognition, take your paint your shoes all you got lil bitch. I hope MFK or or some KY heads fuck you up

ynoekills likes this.
  8. One Man Banned

It was too early before to type what they said, but pretty much that. It's a dilemma in the fr8 game, there are those that are like fuck it, graf has no rules, bomb the shit out of everything. But for those of us who love and respect fr8s, and want that chill spot to be there time and time again, you don't do shit like that. IMO, even streaks should be staggered out, not every car obvious. There will always be some level of risk involved but I like to limit mine to chance encounters vs something created by myself or others.

ynoekills likes this.
  9. ynoekills

ynoekills New Jack

Lol dude I still haven't seen any flicks from you so until further notice you're just a fuck cunt. Go fucking eat a dick. And stop trying so hard to be an e hero. Go hit some spots

10. ynoekills

ynoekills New Jack

Yea man I love trains that's all I have to paint where I live I just got greedy with it man I think where I've been in that yard so many times I just got carried away I usually do 3 pieces and one tag on the cars down that whole line but the tags are solid. I just need to go back to not trying to have every car and let the spot cool down for a few weeks look out for me on them ns coals man I got alot running. I figure most these trains go to Virgina up to New York and the rest to nc and sc or Florida.

11. ynoekills

ynoekills New Jack

Thanks for the advice man! Unlike half the people on here you're not a total dick head!

12. One Man Banned

True, but I'm still partly a dick head. Anyhow, you lead into another good point- it's good to know where your shit goes or might go. Around my way I've seen douchebags hit things that never leave the yard, or only goes a short distance up the line and back. Not hard to figure out where it might be getting done. I've also seen an ass clown or two that thinks it's ok to just go over people not realizing that the freight is going to roll back to where it was done before and be seen by the original writer. Yes, people see that shit.

ynoekills likes this.
  13. aLBERThOFFMAN

I'm just trying to be real with you, you asked a question and I answered it with my utmost honesty. No need to get salty.

For someone who claims to "kill" I for sure have never seen your stuff, and a quick google search yields nothing but wack shit. Have fun doing stupid shit in the yard and posting on the internet with your graff name bro, I hope it works out for ya.

14. aLBERThOFFMAN

Upon further review of your posts in this thread...

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You've lost all my respect, take Johnny Coaltrain's advice and quit.

And I'm gonna make a point to go over you if I ever see your panels just because you called me a fuck cunt.

ynoekills and Fist 666 like this.
  15. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

If you're gonna battle you'd better be ready to post your bank statements and the best damn penis you've ever drawn, otherwise it don't mean shit.

aLBERThOFFMAN likes this.