Kazakhstan threatens "Borat" with court

Poop Man Bob

Source.

borat.jpg

Kazakhstan threatens "Borat" with court

Mon Nov 14, 9:13 AM ET

Kazakhstan's Foreign Ministry threatened legal action on Monday against comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, who wins laughs by portraying the central Asian state as a country populated by drunks who enjoy cow-punching as a sport.

Baron Cohen, who portrays a spoof Kazakh television presenter Borat in his "Da Ali G Show", has won fame ridiculing Kazakhstan, the world's ninth largest country yet still little known to many in the West.

Baron Cohen appears to have drawn official Kazakh ire after he hosted the annual MTV Europe Music Awards show in Lisbon earlier this month as Borat, who arrived in an Air Kazakh propeller plane controlled by a one-eyed pilot clutching a vodka bottle.

"We do not rule out that Mr. Cohen is serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way," Kazakh Foreign Ministry spokesman Yerzhan Ashykbayev told a news briefing.

"We reserve the right to any legal action to prevent new pranks of the kind." He declined to elaborate.

Cohen's earlier jokes about the Central Asian state include claims that the people would shoot a dog and then have a party, and that local wine was made from fermented horse urine.

"We view Mr. Cohen's behaviour at the MTV Europe Music Awards as utterly unacceptable, being a concoction of bad taste and ill manners which is completely incompatible with ethics and civilised behaviour," Ashykbayev said.

Source.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"We do not rule out that Mr. Cohen is serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way," Kazakh Foreign Ministry spokesman Yerzhan Ashykbayev told a news briefing.

I fucking love that the Kazakhstan government has convinced itself that Borat is part of a larger conspiracy against the country.

I saw a clip about the making of his movie earlier this year. His rendition of "throw the jew down the well" was filmed at a redneck bar in the southwest. People really thought he was from kazik (sp?) the look on their faces when he does the jew part is classic as many aren't sure whether to sing that part aloud (at the end you can hear some chicks singing)...

hahah yes i like how after the MTV Awards they decide to say stuff like this, while all the while allowing his character to continue on the actual ali g show. nobody gives two shits about kazakstan really...obviously his portrayal of a person from there isnt going to ruin my view of the country cuz i know none of the stuff he says is true.

thats what makes the character so good, because he points out how little ppl know about others. He says (as Borat) such insane things that only a true moron would actually believe that hes from a real country...irony