Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Kazakhstan threatens "Borat" with court

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Source.

[​IMG]

Kazakhstan threatens "Borat" with court

Mon Nov 14, 9:13 AM ET

Kazakhstan's Foreign Ministry threatened legal action on Monday against comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, who wins laughs by portraying the central Asian state as a country populated by drunks who enjoy cow-punching as a sport.

Baron Cohen, who portrays a spoof Kazakh television presenter Borat in his "Da Ali G Show", has won fame ridiculing Kazakhstan, the world's ninth largest country yet still little known to many in the West.

Baron Cohen appears to have drawn official Kazakh ire after he hosted the annual MTV Europe Music Awards show in Lisbon earlier this month as Borat, who arrived in an Air Kazakh propeller plane controlled by a one-eyed pilot clutching a vodka bottle.

"We do not rule out that Mr. Cohen is serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way," Kazakh Foreign Ministry spokesman Yerzhan Ashykbayev told a news briefing.

"We reserve the right to any legal action to prevent new pranks of the kind." He declined to elaborate.

Cohen's earlier jokes about the Central Asian state include claims that the people would shoot a dog and then have a party, and that local wine was made from fermented horse urine.

"We view Mr. Cohen's behaviour at the MTV Europe Music Awards as utterly unacceptable, being a concoction of bad taste and ill manners which is completely incompatible with ethics and civilised behaviour," Ashykbayev said.

Source.

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

"We do not rule out that Mr. Cohen is serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way," Kazakh Foreign Ministry spokesman Yerzhan Ashykbayev told a news briefing.

I fucking love that the Kazakhstan government has convinced itself that Borat is part of a larger conspiracy against the country.

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I watched him on the MTV Europe Awards or some shit. He was hilarious, except nobody was laughing at his jokes.

I love Borat.

4. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

thats because everytone who goes to MTV awards is such an intellectual

5. John Birch

John Birch Member

borat is the only ali g character I like (I know ali g is s character too)...

I think only well-educated/ well-read Americans with an ironic sense of humor find him funny though...

Borat kinda reminds me of Tony Shaloub's muslim character in Quick Change though...

6. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

what size gift should i give to gain entry to her vagin?

7. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

borat is the best comedic character of all time.

8. Dude sucked as the host on the MTV awards.
    His Borat character was semi-funny about a decade ago.

9. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Yeah cos Danes know all about comedy!

10. ^^
    Thats right, how amazing you could read that in the two lines I posted.
    I always speak up on behalf of the entire nation...

11. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

^^

Corr no need to get ur knickers in a twist

12. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

Haha.
    Yea borat's turn of phrase is the most perfect thing.
    They'll never stop Borat. I pray.

13. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

apparently he's never wased the suit he wears.

+ he's making a full legnth Borat movie.

[​IMG]

^ click the record for the song!

14. Jake Stevens

Jake Stevens Senior Member

everybody throw the jew down the well!!! ha genius!

15. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member