1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Kanye West

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sect one, Sep 2, 2005.

1. sect one

sect one 12oz Elite Member

Kanye West

Discussion started by sect one - Sep 2, 2005

well i really don't care much for the guy, but I turned on the t.v. to see him and mike meyers on a televised live fundraiser for victims of the hurricane in n'awlins. At first, i didn't really pay attention but it caught my attention that he was stuttering so much. I started listening in only to catch him say that the media is all lies and portrays the black people in new orleans as looters and the white people as starving families who are suffering. Mike meyers tried to cut him off but Kanye followed up with this "george bush does not like black people" Immediately after he said that the camera cut him off. Did anyone else catch this?

sect one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus 12oz Senior Member

Biggus Dickus - Replied Sep 2, 2005

Damn, somebody telling the fucking truth on television. He's going to get in trouble for that.

Biggus Dickus - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Sep 2, 2005

mike myers the film maker, the comedian, or the rapper?

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

GLIK$ - Replied Sep 2, 2005

OK, first off. FUCK Kanye West.

Dude should keep his mouth shut. Just another herb trying to feed off the fuck bush campaign. Thanks to Bush's economy your wack ass can still sell 4,000,000.

On another note, Miss Jones on 97.1 this morning say that the hurricane was a calculated GENOCIDE by the US Government?

Are you fucking kidding me? So apparently the fucking 3 days of warning wasnt enough for the black community to evacuate their homes?

You know exactly what happened? Everyone in that area was probably like, "You shun fuck some wind shun, fuck that white man on the new saying I should leave shun."

For real, the fact that the government "downplayed the force of the hurricane and didnt properly prepare for it" is so god damn stupid.

THEN that fucking mooli goes on to say that the raping and looting is fucking justified? Because if you were a person being held down by an opressive overlording government who was purposely forcing you out of your homes so that they could build their "New Las Vegas" and rich white folk homes where you lived that you would get upset and lash out at your surroundings?

Are you fucking kidding me? Im frustrated daily by my surroundings (aka dumb fucking people) and I dont loot and rape.. well not daily.

Fucking morons. Talk about being brainwashed by White Media. Try looking in a fucking mirror.

Pot calling the kettle black, no pun intended.

[​IMG]
    YO DAWG IM SO DISTRESSED ABOUT THE WHITE OPRESSIVE OVERLORD SO I GOTSTA GO GET MY JORDANS AND WHITE ON WHITE AF1s SHUN!

GLIK$ - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Sep 2, 2005

Just DL'd the clip - Kanye is the man , that was some serious bold faced truth right there.

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Sep 2, 2005

I'm so fucking tired of hearing the argument that everyone is stupid for not trying to leave. Cut me a fucking break. Alot of these people had no fucking cars, and the government made no effort to get buses or anything down there to even try to get people out. One man on the news said that he tried to leave and the highways had been closed so he had no choice but to stay in the city. Do you think that 100,000 people are that fucking stupid enough to want to go through what that city is going through right now?

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

oneeightyone - Replied Sep 2, 2005

The looting is justified, when you dont got shit you take what you want. This post reminds me a lot of the kids out here in the suburbs talking about this, exactly the same, priveledged youth.

I tip my hat to kanye west, nigga said shit that everyone is thinking right now.

The 3 day warning...yea that works for those with the means to get out, the rest that dont even have a bicycle to ride on are left.

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Sep 2, 2005

This is New Orleans Glik0... not New York. Minimum wage there is actually minimum wage.... not like $15 an hour.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

GLIK$ - Replied Sep 2, 2005

Whatever, im not trying to be a dick to anyone or be a biggot.
    That's just my opinion.

And to whoever said that "sounds like some suburban priviledged kid shit." You got me pegged quite wrong.

But whatever, i said my peace so deal.

GLIK$ - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

iloveboxcars - Replied Sep 2, 2005

it takes more than 3 days to walk out of new orleans?

iloveboxcars - Rank: 12oz Royalty - Messages:
  11. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

oneeightyone - Replied Sep 2, 2005

This fucking thread is gonna cause anger to some.

it doesnt take 3 days, but because of the flooding and lack of medical attention many that tried are stuck becaus ethey could go no longer.

whatever, for whatever reason these people need help

kanye west still gets the hat tipped though.

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

iloveboxcars - Replied Sep 2, 2005

well i dont see how anyone expects the government to have a plan for them. it seems to me like people expected a grip of busses to be waiting right outside of the city just in case. that isnt how it works. it isnt the governments job to save you. its the governments job to tell you what to do and send you to other countries to die for "the greater good".

but lets not turn this into a debate about the government.

as a human being you should have a plan of how to get out of the city you live in. the government cant do everything for you.

and im talking about whites and blacks here. who ever is left in that city. i understand a lot of people died, and that is very sad.

i was going to keep going but i cant, i have a headache.

iloveboxcars - Rank: 12oz Royalty - Messages:
  13. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fatalist - Replied Sep 2, 2005

it's the fucking truth....

many were giving the government too much credit before Katrina...

fatalist - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  14. decu goldyn1

decu goldyn1 12oz Senior Member

decu goldyn1 - Replied Sep 2, 2005

"george bush does not care about black people"
    awww man i can't stand kanye but dude had a lot of courage
    to say that on tv. The tension is hilarious in that clip.
    I don't even know what to make of it right now, but i know a hell of a lot of people will soon enough.

decu goldyn1 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied Sep 2, 2005

Glik0's really got a lot of pre-conceived notions about white on white AF1's these days.

P.S. There isn't any definite 'right' or 'wrong' in this situation so please, everyone really consider both sides before we go saying shit that doesn't need to be said.

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: