Kansas City Southern's Fate?

imported_xhobox

the yard that i painted my first boxcar was apparently owned by KCS... but since then it hasn't had much action... mostly now it's a layup for coal hoppers and there hasn't been anything worth painting in that yard for a really long time... i know that alot of the cars that i hit go through this yard to get to the main UP line and most of what i paint now is UP... but as i walked past i saw a for sale sign by the road infront of the yard that said "Kansas City Southern RR for sale" it also had the achorage on it too... does anyone know if any company has been buying up KCS? i don't think that they will trash that yard because it's the only way freights get to that main UP line from their layups...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

KCS isnt up for sale. just like all other major railroads, KCS has lots of realestate to sell. KCS probably decided that whatever land near that layup they own wasnt going to be needed for any development (maybe traffic sources in the area are closing up) so they wanna sell it off.

It sounds like your layup has probably lost whatever customer the boxcars were going to, and is now just laying up coalcars for a UP customer on their lines. The shipments probably come from a customer on UP who ships to a customer on KCS. Most of the trip would be on UP, and they have the equipment, but for the last short leg of the trip its gotta go over KCS trackage. simple as that...

hmmm... thanks ese for actually answering my question... it looks like they are taking apart the yard... i don't think they will be using it anymore... i'm sure that track will still run through though... i was just hoping maybe someone knew about companies maybe buying yards and bringing in new traffic... it's sad to see a yard like that go... oh well... thanks again...

and to the rest of you... fuck you, i'll paint what i want to paint...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived