Jyse...

JayFo

yea, I hardly piece cuz I am kinda lazy lol, so here si the latest thing I've done. I wish I practiced more at it cuz it'd look a whole lot better, but whatever... was bored and decided to scan it and make anew thread here with some of my stuff. Next time I feel like scannin somethin I'll put more on here...so yea... anythin ya wanna say bout anyhtin i post is fine and that's bout it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p5e89ce8e60b97afda4d2fbb455092d30/fa827159.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its not a played out style... its just the average way of beginning to understand style. i remember using those kind of letters when i first started out. but for real... ur piece is very consistent and works well together thru each letter. it could stand to get rid of a few extra things that i can see... but youll figure out what im talkin bout later. just keep studying different styles and dont be afraid to give it a try. if piecing isnt ur thing... then just write jyse over and over again in simple letters. like the letters u see painted on the windows of wendys or burger king advertising a 99 cent burger. i dunno why... but i find those letters very captivating. maybe its just the bright colors. thats another thing... dont be afraid to use different colors. if u have no idea about what colors look good together, then just use the same basic color... just mix up the tone of the color. like red.... get different shades of red and start making designs within ur piece. fill it light red... put in sum designs with medium-toned red.... and put sum darker designs in there every now and then. i dunno... add highlights if u feel the need. dont focus so much on makin the letters simple and blocky... have fun with it. overexaggerate things.... make big round letters... stretch em out and distort em. i dunno.... give it a shot and come back to post what ur progress looks like. i hope i even make sense right now... im kinda out of it. laters.

:dazed:

thanks for comments and replies... pretty helpful.

and dork, yea ill play aorund with stuff... and i guess maybe piecin is and isnt my thing. It's fun, but I never seem to really feel like it lol. Tho when I get into a piece I'll have to finish, but yea. I'll start doin more cuz they are cool and it will help me improve. I just gotta start makin some different thickness in my letters amybe also try throwin some curved lines and stuff in there.... just see what happens i guess.

and with color, i hate colorin... usually i use a single color, maybe two in the fill then grey for the 3D and yellow around the outside lol. It's simple and easy since most of the time if i try anyhtin else it looks weird haha.

and umm... yea, most of the time i just scribble throws and hands on paper over and over and once and a while think of a cool simple letter style that i would put up ona wall or somethin like this (it's old but whatever..... you get the idea... i just think of lil simple things like this a lot to try and do soemthin new)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pdecd03e029a40048cba74d695b16f9cb/fb654e8f.jpg'>

• 4 weeks later...

I cna't really paint the piece or anythin that complex, but the simple, throws and hands i paint... and yea the first is missin color and i agree but im lazy plus suck at thinkin of schemes and just suck at the whole coloring thing in general lol. So yea thanks for peoples comments...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/p3acc2516954ac05f57833c3414116af3/fa3a49b5.jpg'>

somethin new... latest thing i've done since the jyse piece up top. I rarely do pieces cuz I'm incredibly lazy, but today I just felt an urge to go for somethin. I changed my style up a bit and think it looks alright. I curved some parts and also made not everythin the same thickness.

tell me whether or not it looks better or worse and if maybe im goin in the right direction? eh whatever, btw if ya can't tell what it says then I'll just say it here... it's jax, doin it for this girl (its her tag). So yea, that's bout it, jsut leave whatever comments ya want... 1

well alreyad scannin somethin so decided to take some paper i scribbled all over and hada throw on it and scan it to kill two birds in one stone. So yea, here's that and if late ri get to scan the piece color and stuff then i will also comment on this thing if ya want to. I know my throw up ain't that hot and neither is my hand but whatever, i try... lol.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/p54d1499aa372a6d19e5eec899b297db1/fa3a3e82.jpg'>

yea, i do my throws a bit slow sometimes cuz i dont practice it as much as my hands. Sooner or later I'll try and get my throws at fluent as my hands tho... just takes some time i guess. And thanks tho... I'm still elarnin and practicin... altho i should more lol.

not exactly sure if my handstyles bein serious is a good or bad thing, but if its agood thing then thanks and if itsa bad thing then thats cool too. Any comments are fine and thanks albino.

Oh and no one has commented on my jax outline :( lol, so if someione could and compare it to my jyse one that'd be cool. I'm tryin to figure out where to go with my style... hopefully the jax outline wasa step foward and if not ill have to take another step back and try again...

some suggestions.... dont try to make so many god damn extensions, work on each indivdual letter before you go crazy. this is just a matter of oppinion but maybe try making some smooth flowing edges instead of all hard angles, ya dig? what i say doesnt mean anything compared what practice will do for you...

on that jax outline the only suggestion i would make is figure out whether you want a piece to look symetrical or not, and just pick one or the other. the 2 ends look kind of like they're supposed to be mirror images of each other to give the piece balance, but they aren't exactly straight so i think it takes away from the design. (example--the top of the j goes up higher than the top of the x, i think they should be the same height---the top of the j only has 1 arrow pointing off the extension but the top of the x has 2. why not either give both of them 1 arrow or both of them 2 arrows?) you could just draw some really light pencil lines with rulers and use them as guides for where you want the top bottom and sides of the piece to be. line everything up the way it should be. if you're rocking a looser style it's not really necessary, but with these really straight angular letters you need to be on point with your technique. otherwise it just looks half-assed. if you're gonna go straight and symmetrical than go all the way with it. nice handstyles by the way.

Archived