1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Jyse...

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by JayFo, Nov 20, 2003.

1. JayFo

JayFo 12oz Member

Jyse...

Discussion started by JayFo - Nov 20, 2003

yea, I hardly piece cuz I am kinda lazy lol, so here si the latest thing I've done. I wish I practiced more at it cuz it'd look a whole lot better, but whatever... was bored and decided to scan it and make anew thread here with some of my stuff. Next time I feel like scannin somethin I'll put more on here...so yea... anythin ya wanna say bout anyhtin i post is fine and that's bout it.

[​IMG]

JayFo - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Nov 20, 2003

its kinda a played out style, lots of people have it, what happend to the old steez i liked those. At least this one is really clean and what not, keep doing what ya do though, thats really where its at

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. DorkstaR

DorkstaR 12oz Senior Member

DorkstaR - Replied Nov 20, 2003

its not a played out style... its just the average way of beginning to understand style. i remember using those kind of letters when i first started out. but for real... ur piece is very consistent and works well together thru each letter. it could stand to get rid of a few extra things that i can see... but youll figure out what im talkin bout later. just keep studying different styles and dont be afraid to give it a try. if piecing isnt ur thing... then just write jyse over and over again in simple letters. like the letters u see painted on the windows of wendys or burger king advertising a 99 cent burger. i dunno why... but i find those letters very captivating. maybe its just the bright colors. thats another thing... dont be afraid to use different colors. if u have no idea about what colors look good together, then just use the same basic color... just mix up the tone of the color. like red.... get different shades of red and start making designs within ur piece. fill it light red... put in sum designs with medium-toned red.... and put sum darker designs in there every now and then. i dunno... add highlights if u feel the need. dont focus so much on makin the letters simple and blocky... have fun with it. overexaggerate things.... make big round letters... stretch em out and distort em. i dunno.... give it a shot and come back to post what ur progress looks like. i hope i even make sense right now... im kinda out of it. laters.

:dazed:

DorkstaR - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Overtime

Overtime - Replied Nov 20, 2003

yeah, thats basically what i meant, i kinda used those letters when i started, played out was the wrong phrase, sorry. But like he said, its consitant

5. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Nov 20, 2003

aight

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. JayFo

JayFo 12oz Member

JayFo - Replied Nov 20, 2003

thanks for comments and replies... pretty helpful.

and dork, yea ill play aorund with stuff... and i guess maybe piecin is and isnt my thing. It's fun, but I never seem to really feel like it lol. Tho when I get into a piece I'll have to finish, but yea. I'll start doin more cuz they are cool and it will help me improve. I just gotta start makin some different thickness in my letters amybe also try throwin some curved lines and stuff in there.... just see what happens i guess.

and with color, i hate colorin... usually i use a single color, maybe two in the fill then grey for the 3D and yellow around the outside lol. It's simple and easy since most of the time if i try anyhtin else it looks weird haha.

and umm... yea, most of the time i just scribble throws and hands on paper over and over and once and a while think of a cool simple letter style that i would put up ona wall or somethin like this (it's old but whatever..... you get the idea... i just think of lil simple things like this a lot to try and do soemthin new)

[​IMG]

7. nicetrek550

nicetrek550 New Jack

nicetrek550 - Replied Nov 20, 2003

nice shit i like the simple style of it

nicetrek550 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. Propaganda

Propaganda Guest

Propaganda - Replied Nov 21, 2003

That simple is phat. The cracks kinda ruined it tho.

9. JayFo

JayFo 12oz Member

JayFo - Replied Nov 21, 2003

ty... and bout cracks ruinin it... eh, i was bored, lol.

10. virus

virus Banned

virus - Replied Nov 22, 2003

yo jfool i missed your ass where have you been hit me on aim we got some shit to talk aboud and to update eachother
    virsrof

virus - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  11. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

Milton - Replied Nov 22, 2003

Awwww, somebody made a friend...

Yup

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. thiSINKsux

thiSINKsux 12oz Member

thiSINKsux - Replied Dec 18, 2003

i like the simple you paint any of this?

thiSINKsux - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. PHYNE

PHYNE Guest

PHYNE - Replied Dec 18, 2003

the first one is cool but i think it needs more color......

14. JayFo

JayFo 12oz Member

JayFo - Replied Dec 18, 2003

I cna't really paint the piece or anythin that complex, but the simple, throws and hands i paint... and yea the first is missin color and i agree but im lazy plus suck at thinkin of schemes and just suck at the whole coloring thing in general lol. So yea thanks for peoples comments...

15. Overtime

Overtime - Replied Dec 19, 2003

isnt it cute?