justify graffiti

krs702

how do you justify graffiti?

when i go painting i realize that what im doing could piss somebody the fuck off - comes down to whats being painted. you cant believe that if you are hitting somebodies actual property that they will pass it off and say "it's ok." take into account your personal items like lets say your car. would u like an amateur graffiti (toy) writer sprayin his pathetic tag on your car?

yet you can't ignore the other parts of where it is a cultural aspect: creational artwork for the community, a story left behind, and in a way advertising oneself.

graffiti to me is like a person handing out a pamphlet for a show or event. you either check it or trash it.

for me graffiti has become an input for the city. a city is a community and i am apart of it so im giving back. its on some self-community service shit; lightening up the neighborhood with variety. nowadays i try to be picky about locations i hit ...buildings and excess that ain't buggin anybodies personal well being, but still viewable by the public.

im not tryin to insult graffiti its just hard to be 100% ok with what you're doing. if im sure enough graffiti is right then im at the same level with the legal system against it.

so mainly im asking why do you do graffiti and how do you justify it

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

everyday people i meet tend to front, lie, bullshit, and talk out of their neck about shit they really have never done or dont really understand.

graf is different. yea, many writers are dramatic and know how to talk some shit but when it comes down to it and someone puts something on a wall, all the talking stops. that piece speaks for itself and the writer that produced it.

kids can talk all day long but once they put up a piece, the truth comes out. graf is honesty in a city full of persons who hide behind daily manicured self-images.

all day everyday i have to deal with mass amounts of superficial wackness in order to earn a paycheck. its enough to make me sick.

graff is one of the few things i have that is REAL.

nigga's know.

graffiti is COMPLETELY UNJUSTIFIABLE.

and this "if you don't like it, don't look at it" standpoint is BULLSHIT.

not looking at it is NOT a reasonable option, because it's thrown in your face. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT.

if you're trying to make graffiti seem ok, pull your head out of your ass.

graffiti is WRONG, and there is NO WAY AROUND IT.

but i still do it. i'm such an asshole.

i pay taxes

i am a consumer

i am subjected to a barrage of constant advertisement

to me this says that i support private business, pay for public works, including graffiti removal, and i am also forced to endure the promotion of private entities other than myself (and therefore have the right to perpetrate my own advertising)

hahaha..

just some thoughts, half-joking.

i really don't give a shit what people think and don't feel like i should, or can, justify graffiti.

i look at it like this.......shit happens. if a private buisiness gets hit and they can't readily afford to remove it, too bad. if someone doesn't want to see their city defaced, get over it.

this is a (somewhat) underground movement showing the rest of society that not everyone has to be an average joe and lead a boring life. graffiti is made, designed, and thrives on the fact that it's illegal.

plus graff just simply makes everything look better, anyone who dissagrees just hasn't seen the light yet.

Originally posted by hobo knife

i look at it like this.......shit happens. if a private buisiness gets hit and they can't readily afford to remove it, too bad. if someone doesn't want to see their city defaced, get over it.

plus graff just simply makes everything look better, anyone who dissagrees just hasn't seen the light yet.

Then you probably wouldn't mind then if i came over to your house and bombed the fuck out of it and your car hmmm? I mean, you yourself just said graffiti makes everything look better huh?

I'm all for graffiti but your statement is just plain ignorant.

yeah come on over, trust me i've got plenty of paint.

ok, since you had to pick apart my statement and try to "school me"...I was partly joking when i said graff made things look better, AND i definitly wasn't talking about houses and cars.

But whatever. you are obviously smarter than me.

p.s. lose the sarcasm...(hmmmmmm?... huh?)

Originally posted by hobo knife

...I was partly joking when i said graff made things look better

i find it appealing. i wouldnt say better but, white wash walls are boring.

even a comissioned mural is better than a blank wall. it doesnt have to be graff, just art skills in general.

when i come across walls that have a non-graff mural running down it, i wont bomb it because that space filled.

i kill empty space.

The very BEST justification of graffiti I EVER heard , came from RIME KCW /MAYHEM crew, in a video, I forget which one, but it was off the hook, not to mention very accurate, and like BAMMMMMMM straight in your fucking face...:D

theres both sides, i think that people (non writers) in general think that we have a muh more harsher mentality and do it making it look ugly on purpose just to piss people off and show disregard.. that can be somewhat true but we really at least care about making anything from tags to st8 letters look frsh even if some claim to be out just to vandalize.. still consider style and dont mean for people to get so pissed off at it... if they do they do whatever will be will be, everything balances out automaticly as theres reactions to it, so by common reactions we realize ppl care that way and we try to justy our actions (react back) whatever it can be looked at as nice or bad whatever.. depends what position you happen to be in.. but i think the biggest misinterpretation by the public is that most bombing graffiti is done without effort and uglier than it is cause their not into it, they think toy shit with a couple colors= see it as more skill, and the typical tag is just scribble.. but they dont see that we actually take time to produce a style which i guess they often interpret as mindless scrible done in 2 seconds...

anyways on another note you can also look at it like this.. physicla matter just being moved around all over the world piaint floating around landing on different substances like man made buildings... so its only the (most) people that really care and it concerns.. humans can prefer a substance to be mixed and shaped a certain way (ex: a style of building or house) and paint substance in a certain form displeases their eye in how their used to seeing that structure.. so its only immoral to humans.. just substances floating around the world, no substance can be created or destroyed its alreasdy there just mixes moves around changes form etc.. so some people makle "buildings" and a little paint "graffiti" whatever just shit floating around dfdfs

everything else (immoral to certain or often most humans cause it doesnt look dandy to their eye)

i love pissing off cranky old ladys, the kind that yell at me for goig thru red light with no one around so hopfully get back at them with grff (stoopid n off topic but i cant stand them there so gay

Guest imported_b0b

graf is too minor to justify. It is just urban wallpaper. Justify walking passed a tramp in the street and not helping them. Justify people living below the poverty line; that sort of stuff is much more worthy of attention than what colour you just painted a wall.

I am quite an upstanding citizen: I recycle, make sure my litter goes in the bin, buy food ethically, give a regular amount of my wages to charities and I write on things as hobby. No worse than people who car race for a hobby and the damage they do to the environment with their activites.

*edit= just re-read that and I sound well hippy. Oh well, the message still stands, but if you meet me ever I won't start talking about how multinationals suck or try and make you wear hemp or anything - I promise)

Archived