just when you thought it was safe...

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"This picture is a perfect example of why you don't want to go to the desert. These are 2 of the biggest I've ever seen. With a vertical leap that would make a pro basketball player weep with envy (they have to be able to jump up on to a camels stomach after all), they latch on and inject you with a local anesthesia so you can't feel it feeding on you. They eat flesh, not just suck out your juices like a normal spider. I'm gona be having night mares after seeing this photo!"

eeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!

:shook: :shook:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^It'd do you well to read the bottom of the article debunking some of those myths.

Camel spiders fucking kill shit.

Camel spiders are venomous, and their venom contains a powerful anesthetic that numbs their victims (thus allowing them to gnaw away at living, immobilized animals without being noticed). U.S. soldiers were said to have been attacked by camel spiders at night but remained completely unaware of their plight until they awakened in the morning to find chunks of their flesh missing.

That would be hell, imagine the confusion if you didn't know anything about camel spiders...prior to finding a decnt amount of of flesh missing from your body when you wake.

I was doing the exact same thing... Yuck

In middle school this girl's dad was in the Gulf War Volume One, and he had these crazy pictures of them putting a camel spider and a large scorpion together in a box. It was crazy, they were taking bets. The scorpion took an early lead, but the spider eventually crushed and ate it after loosing one of his antennae to a well aimed pincher. Damn she was fine...

Guest HESHIANDET
The male courts the female by stroking her with his pedipalpi and forelegs. This reduces her to a passive state, as if anaesthetized, whereupon the male lays her on her side. Raising his body he ejects a mass of spermatozoa onto the ground, picks it up with his chelicerae and forces it into the vagina. He closes the opening and waits a few moments and then hurriedly departs before the female has a chance to grab and eat him.

This species possesses no poison and relies on strength and speed. It is carnivorous and lives on a diet of insects, spiders, scorpions and small lizards. It is so voracious that it will feed until it is too bloated to move effectively. Prey is held between the forceps of the Chelicerae and chewed with such vigour that a solifugae eating a beetle can be heard over a distance of several metres.

I just stepped outta my shower and a spider either flew outta my boxers (they werent on yet) or the top of the toilet. he was small....about the size of a dime...but still managed to get me to jump like a little girl.

Best believe I brought down the reckoning on his eight legged ass.