Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

just when you thought it was safe...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Apr 8, 2004.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

http://www.snopes.com/photos/images/camelspider.jpg'>

[url=http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp#add]http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp#add[/url]
    more horror stories, with a couple links to videos, and actual facts about camel spiders.

2. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

http://www.snopes.com/photos/small/camelspider_small.jpg'>

E-GADS MAN!!! :eek:

3. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

"This picture is a perfect example of why you don't want to go to the desert. These are 2 of the biggest I've ever seen. With a vertical leap that would make a pro basketball player weep with envy (they have to be able to jump up on to a camels stomach after all), they latch on and inject you with a local anesthesia so you can't feel it feeding on you. They eat flesh, not just suck out your juices like a normal spider. I'm gona be having night mares after seeing this photo!"

eeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!

:shook: :shook:

4. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

why did i click to enlarge.

im going to send that to the hubby...he's going to fucking freak out!

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

what the hell is going on with linking today.
    :(

6. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

i'm not a squeamish guy, roaches and shit don't bother me, but a big damn spider like that gives me the willies. :shiver:
    what a great thing to wake up to...

7. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

after reading the replies, i don't think i'm even going to check this bug out. ignorance IS bliss

8. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

OMG OMG OMG.

Yo that bitch is huge. Freakin HUGE. I dont care if it was held close to the camera. Its still gotta be bigger than my hand.

9. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

yuckerooski :yuck:

10. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

damn.
    is the bottom one eating the top one? thats really intense.

i dont think those look as friendly as taranchulas are.
    is there any equivalent in american deserts?

11. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

just when you thought it was safe

[​IMG]

12. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

" Camel spiders can traverse desert sand at speeds up to 25 MPH, making screaming noises as they run. "

I'm sorry but this is haunting. Don't olympic sprinters run at about that speed? And then the fact that these bitches "scream".

13. ^It'd do you well to read the bottom of the article debunking some of those myths.

Camel spiders fucking kill shit.

14. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

im gonna email this this shit to my girl cause she hates spiders:lol: :lol:

15. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

Camel spiders are venomous, and their venom contains a powerful anesthetic that numbs their victims (thus allowing them to gnaw away at living, immobilized animals without being noticed). U.S. soldiers were said to have been attacked by camel spiders at night but remained completely unaware of their plight until they awakened in the morning to find chunks of their flesh missing.

That would be hell, imagine the confusion if you didn't know anything about camel spiders...prior to finding a decnt amount of of flesh missing from your body when you wake.