JUST IN: Philadelphia Public Library SHUT DOWN

4:48PM Wed. November 20th, 2002: In a drastic move today the Government seized the stacks of the Philadelphia Public Library, stating that finally, after two hundred and fifty years of free book lending, the publishing industry has won it's battle against one of the biggest book lending institution in the country. "These people have been lending books out to anybody without charge, indiscriminately", says an unidentified spokesperson for a major book publisher. "I was just sitting at the check out desk reading the paper when the marshals arrived and told me we were to 'shut it down'", says 53 year old Ruth Billington, librarian, and once avid cheese steak luncher. "These books were my livelyhood, what will I do now, my cat is going to starve to death if mommy doesn't find something quickly", she laments. At 53, Ruth isn't prepared to enter the real world, "I don't remember the last time I was actually asked to make something, but if you want to know where to find the latest Sidney Sheldon novel, or the address for Peterson's Potash Supply in Wacachucka, Minnesota, just ask me." Whoa, no longer, the books aren't for just anyone anymore. When asked what will happen to all the books, the taskforce leader speculates, "they will probably be quarrantined for such and such a time, then maybe they will sit while we figure out their best possible deployment", a daunting task with libraries in every town in 50 states. When told of the event, the head librarian of the NYC Public Library System, Bill Sanderson, was openly defiant, "Yo, just let them come and try to take my books. . .we aren't going out that easy". No, Bill, I don't believe you will.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived