just had an amendment where i said

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

i just tried to rent a car to make a quick drive and since i dont have a credit card i cant do it. now i have to sit on amtrak and a bus for 5 hours. sucks. time to grow izzzup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by LENS@Mar 10 2006, 01:25 PM

welcome to my hell.....

I can't get a credit card because i have no credit

So how can i build credit without a card because I have no credit to get a card in the first place?

that doesn't make sense. You should be able to get a credit card, no problem, as long as you have a job.

Originally posted by LENS+Mar 10 2006, 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LENS - Mar 10 2006, 01:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BEEFEATER@Mar 10 2006, 06:27 PM

You can build credit by paying off loans.

god knows i've got enough freaking school loans to start paying off ::groan::

[/b]

Yeah I just dropped 3 stacks on student loans earlier this week.

Guest nutsonmychin!

i cant get a credit card to save my life. but the other day i went to sears and they approved me for a $1500 limit. i bought a new camera. i think i am gonna get a makita drill, a vacuum, and an air hockey table this weekend! SCORE!

The whole credit thing is super frustrating. I have none, good or bad, and its hard for me to even get any. Fuck. I realized that I should have gotten one of those student cards when I was still in College, but I forgot. Now no one is even sending them to me in the mail. I had to put down a 250 depsoit so I could get power. Had to get my aunt to cosign with me on a lease (even though I make more than her). Overal? : WTF?

Go to your local bank, deposit 500.00 in a special savings/credit program account, they will in return give you 500 back which is considered a loan, you pay back the original 500 (which you've gotten back already) in 2-3 mths on time ofcourse and bam! you've just started your credit history. People with bad credit can use this program to bump up their credit points a notch or two.

it's called "WASH" since no money is ever really moved from one pocket to the next.

Originally posted by FunTimePartyTeam@Mar 10 2006, 02:07 PM

The whole credit thing is super frustrating. I have none, good or bad, and its hard for me to even get any. Fuck. I realized that I should have gotten one of those student cards when I was still in College, but I forgot. Now no one is even sending them to me in the mail. I had to put down a 250 depsoit so I could get power. Had to get my aunt to cosign with me on a lease (even though I make more than her). Overal? : WTF?

If I could do it all over again, I would have paid for my college with the credit cards they were handing me back in the day. Coulda had all that shit paid off and then some by now.

building up your credit pays off when it comes time to buy a home. I've done some of the things already suggested and the shit works. although having a credit card comes in handy sometimes, that shit's like a grenade in your pocket for real.

spending money you don't have on shit you won't remember.

my credit sucks.. and its fucking up my trying to buy a home.. my score is 505... i have no credit as opposed to bad.

to get your credit up, have your mom put your name on her good card.. dont use it.. just piggy-back on on-time payments and watch your rating go up.

if my mom had credit, thats what i would do.