Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

just a toy with a few questions

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by bridge bum, Jan 11, 2004.

1. bridge bum

bridge bum Junior Member

why do writers diss trains? instead of the yard where the person paints.
    its more likely the the 2 or more people that are beefing will see the disses in the yard that they paint. and most of the time they spend more time on them, compared to a train.
    on top of that why do older cats try to act like newbes don't exist? they refuse to paint with them, diss them, want to beat the shit out of them. almost all of the kids who start out, and have the ambition to be a real writer, have no idea what the hell is going on. and when they break the rules, some of the writers,who may of been the reason that person that started the toy painting, will hate them the whole time they are painting. are they afraid that if they meet this person, like him or her,school him or her, and then this toy starts burning this writer. whats the deal? are they afraid? do they want to think that they are the only person with this talent, and have so much pride that they create a fake reality that they are the only ones.
    thats all for now.
    sorry for the spelling i am dislexic like a mother fucker

2. sneak

sneak Guest

hold up, there are rules to this??
    anyway, on the train topic, writers diss trains of another writer so that when the train moves around people will see the beef..

however, i do agree with you. but recently for me i hooked up with a respected writer and there's been nothing of what you said between us.

3. igor

igor Member

never paint the yard itself, it will alarm the railway guys and make them become aware of the fact that writers go there. You'll ruin that yard for all writers. Writers will hate you for that forever.

4. bridge bum

bridge bum Junior Member

I wasnt talking about painting the walls of a train yard. just piece yards. and I have met some old school kids who are really cool also. but the majority wouldn't evan talk to me.

5. igor

igor Member

Oh, i thought you meant the train yard. Never mind.
    Yes some oldschoolers are cool and some arent. Always stick with the cool ones, they're cool.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

what do older writers owe you?
    nothing.
    prove someone should take an interest in you and they will, until then, suck it up.
    if you are decent, and show respect, someone will reach out to you. if you go into a yard leaving cans around, painting a ton of wack pieces, painting cars that dont move, writing your fucking area code next to every piece, heating up the spots, then expect to get your shit dissed and your jaw broke. why? cause this isnt art school. shit isnt always fair. why dont old cats wanna meet every fucking kid that picks up a marker? because 80% of them will put it down in a year. the other 20% will have so little common sense that they'll go out and get themselves popped. cops dont give a shit about a kid who's got 3 throw ups on the back of krogers, they want you to roll over on the big name guys, which you'll do cause you're a pussy and have no honor or ethics.
    thats why they dont want to have anything to do with you.
    that and cause you come on the internet and make posts whining about how they dont give you respect.
    waahhh.

seeks/tough love.

7. porque

porque Senior Member

^^^...well said...

...it's also got a lot to do with the fact that you just kinda suck at life in general...

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

haha, ok, i was a little crabby with that, but the general sentiment holds true.
    if someone thinks you have potential, they'll reach out to you. until then, work on your letters.

seeks/easy as pie

9. bridge bum

bridge bum Junior Member

first of all mr seeking you dont know me or evan know what I paint. second i'm not bitching either. I'll take what ever any oldschool writer tells me, and on top of that I have met kids who have been painting a lot longer than me who said that they relly liked a few of my pieces. I am just talking about the people who act like I dont exist.
    and I'm not a pussy and I have ethics
    OK
    thanks for the input though

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

^^^
    Oh my god...are you a glutton for punishment or something?

You are a toy mo' fo' as evidenced by the "Oh man, you don't even know me!" and "Hella heads respect my pieces n shit"

If you were something worth note, you wouldn't have to say such things to defend yourself.

Please go and shoot yourself in the face under a bridge somewhere so that by the time someone has found you, dogs will have eaten most of your body.

11. iHackPeople

iHackPeople Banned

12. newmark

newmark New Jack

"Hella heads respect my pieces n shit"

Yo man, just like when talking about nailing girls...family doesnt count.

13. iHackPeople

iHackPeople Banned

im surprised that mark newmark hasnt been banned more times than me......................... probably has.....

14. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

what the fuck did you expect from older/better writers? a welcoming party? membership to some elite club? if you are doing graffiti for acceptance from others then you shouldnt be doing it, do it for yourself.

15. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member