1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

jungle/drumb 'n bass = a new form of hip hop music?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by cool ra-ul, Jan 2, 2002.

1. cool ra-ul

cool ra-ul New Jack

jungle/drumb 'n bass = a new form of hip hop music?

Discussion started by cool ra-ul - Jan 2, 2002

ok i hve a question. howmany of you have listened to jungle/ drum'n bass? do you like it? can u understand it? ever heard of diselboy/ak1200/dj junk etc? fyi its the good music played at underground warehouse shindigs (raves) it has deeper darker beats and streaming baselines. the reason i ask this is my friend is spinning at a new hip hop club and wanted to know if jungle could hang with hip hop.
    what do you think?

cool ra-ul - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Jan 2, 2002

I sense a comment by Boogie hands coming soon...

I like listening/dancing to drum and bass, usually more than hip hop, but it's irrelevant to compare the two to see which is better. A lot of hip hop heads dislike it for its repetitiveness, lack of lyrics (usually), and high speed, if that's what your friend wants to know.

On the other hand, a couple of years back, I went to Zulu Anniversary, which is basically a reunion of the biggest heads and inflated egos from the early hip hop history, and jungle was spun (courtesy of TC Islam and Craze) with much approval from most. Whatever, tell your friend to spin Classical if he wants heads to notice. Beer,

El Mamerro

3. serpent of the light - Replied Jan 2, 2002

one thing i hate about the whole electronica 'scene' is how they steal group names, and its completely accepted for some reason
    diesel boy--shitty punk band, but they had it first
    project X--one of the first bands to really sing about violence and straight edge
    vitamin X--a swedish edge crew, or a socali hXc band

i've also seen many a dj..... where the name was a metal or hardcore band. why the fuck is that ok?

4. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Jan 2, 2002

jungle is the shit.....yah i got a AK1200 cd with MC navigator...but has nothing incommon with raves......all junglests hate candy kids.....if we see any we beat the fuck outta them.......and yah i think that jungle can hang with hip hop....alot of drum&bass DJ's have emcee's on their tracks

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. cool ra-ul

cool ra-ul New Jack

cool ra-ul - Replied Jan 2, 2002

did u ever think that maybe two people had the same idea:confused:

6. cool ra-ul

cool ra-ul New Jack

cool ra-ul - Replied Jan 2, 2002

did u ever think that maybe two people had the same idea

7. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Jan 2, 2002

most of it sounds rather 'feminine' to me.. jsut like techno.
    i've heard a few techno tracks that were nice... but most of it is too bubble gum for me.
    only jungle song i've liked is original nuttah by shy fx

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

MR BOJANGLES - Replied Jan 2, 2002

i like drum n bass. BUT its not a new form of hiphop. it was created by accident, and has more reggae influence than hiphop influence. all in all, i like it.

9. blahblahblah

blahblahblah 12oz Veteran Member

blahblahblah - Replied Jan 2, 2002

R.O.T.T.E.N.

blahblahblah - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. INDEPENDENZA

INDEPENDENZA Guest

INDEPENDENZA - Replied Jan 2, 2002

it fits well with dancehall reggae.

11. ODW

ODW 12oz Member

ODW - Replied Jan 2, 2002

lionel, my partner in crime, is obsessed with that music. he always tells me jungle is basically hip hop music, but with a faster beat. thats all from me.

ODW - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. mind fuck

mind fuck Guest

mind fuck - Replied Jan 2, 2002

its good music to have playing while your driving. but sometimes it gets kinda boring.

13. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Jan 2, 2002

some of it sounds alright..don't really listen to it much though.

14. SKOTREL

SKOTREL 12oz Member

SKOTREL - Replied Jan 2, 2002

yo drum and bass is the next step in the relation to the progression of black music.

gospel,jazz,rock,reggae,hiphop..........drum and bass

do the knowledge.ha

SKOTREL - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

got tha feva - Replied Jan 2, 2002

I know a lot of hip hop heads that like dnb and jungle... I know I do anyway. A lot of the DJ's at the club we go to on hip hop night like to throw some dancehall/dnb tracks in the mix, and i don't see anyone stop dancing or getting irritated with it. I'm sure if all they'e heard is breakbeats all night, a little change up will be nice.