JUG FUSION--a serious ass Prim Rock band

KaBar2

Any of you guys heard of Prim Rock? There's a couple of bands with a cool twist on making music, the one I know best is Jug Fusion. Their CD is called "Box Set." (They make their own musical instruments from found objects and stuff like that, the main one being the electrified cigar-box guitar, or "CBG") These guys rock like a house on fire! They play a whole bunch of rock and blues that use an electric guitar played with a bottleneck slide, and stuff like a washboard or 5-gallon buckets for percussion.

They are holding a Cigar Box Guitar Fest in Kentucky:

http://geocities.com/cigarboxguitarfest.com

Here's a partial playlist for Jug Fusion at the fest (the "box" thing is sort of an inside joke):

The Boxer---Simon & Garfunkel

Have a Cigar (Box Guitar)--Pink Floyd

Living in a Box---Living in a Box

For Those About To Box---AC/DC

Little Wing---Jimmy Hendrix

Angel---Hendrix

Paint It Black---Stones

Come Together---Beatles

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Ready or Not---Michael Hedges

Ripple---Grateful Dead

Skid Row Wine---Jack Kerouac

And the band's website:

http://geocities.com/cigarboxguitar

Dude's name is Shane Speal. Watch for it, it looks like a new funky ass rock revolution. These guys all started out as regular rock/blues musicians who played regular gigs and have kind of returned to the roots.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think it's his writing put to music, he wrote in a stream-of-conciousness style that has a sort of lyrical quality to it. I've never heard this song, I don't think--this ^^^ is a proposed playlist for Jug Fusion at the festival, not a discography.

I'm Not Witty

My computer was kind of screwed up--I got slammed with a whole bunch of wierd cookies and spyware that was automatically sending me pop-ups that I didn't want and couldn't get rid of. Finally, I downloaded Ad-aware and started eliminating them every day, day after day, until they stopped sending me all that crap. I need to get a better anti-virus package, but day-um the stuff is expensive.

Oh, and I've been building cookie-tin banjos and bucket banjos (built out of 3-gallon plastic detergent buckets.)

Anybody know anything about piezo electric pick-ups? I want to electrify one of my banjos, but I'm not sure how to do it. Where can I buy a humbucker? Anybody know?

Jug Fusion "Box Set"

Great CD---here's a few of the cuts.

1.) Sittin' on the front porch with a cigar box guitar

2.) Jesus is Comin' Soon.

3.) Slow Motion

4.) Jesus, Make up my Dyin' Bed

5.) Bone to Pick/ Miserlou

6.) Love in Vain

7.) X-Ray Spex

8.) These Frustrating Blues

9.) Relaxing Music for Plucking a Chicken

10.) Take It Slow (Fall in Love)

11.) Can't Get You Outta My Mind

12.) Fightin' with the Catfish

13.) Good Morning Blues

14.) Diddy Wa Diddy (dedicated to Hound Dog Taylor.)

15.) Spiritual: Dark Was The Night/ Amazing Grace

16.) Hymn 151: Breakfast with God

17.) You Gotta Move

18.) (contact)

19.) I Wanna Go Home

"Sounds like the Fat Albert Gang on acid!"

"Jug Fusion, the founders of Prim Rock--Cigar-box guitars and homemade trash played with a hard rock attitude."

copywrite 2003 by shane speal, sr. This disc was lovingly hand-made in a Pennsylvania trailer park.

"Utilizing the worst in music technology."

"Play this disc at maximum volume!"

Archived