Jon Stewart VS CNN Crossfire

RumPuncher

the transcript

CARLSON: It's nice to get them to try and answer the question. And in order to do that, we try and ask them pointed questions. I want to contrast our questions with some questions you asked John Kerry recently.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: ... up on the screen.

STEWART: If you want to compare your show to a comedy show, you're more than welcome to.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: No, no, no, here's the point.

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: If that's your goal.

CARLSON: It's not.

STEWART: I wouldn't aim for us. I'd aim for "Seinfeld." That's a very good show.

CARLSON: Kerry won't come on this show. He will come on your show.

STEWART: Right.

CARLSON: Let me suggest why he wants to come on your show.

STEWART: Well, we have civilized discourse.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: Well, here's an example of the civilized discourse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Best part by far:

CARLSON: I do think you're more fun on your show. Just my opinion. OK, up next, Jon Stewart goes one on one with his fans...

STEWART: You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any show.

OH SHIT.

If anyone can find a link to a video clip of this, PLEASE post it in here.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin@Oct 16 2004, 03:36 AM

a link for the video

http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2652831&htv=12

Good looks on the video. I don't think I've ever watched Crossfire, but from what I saw it looks pretty ridiculous. I wonder if the ratings will take a drop after that. Stewart outsmarts them all.

Haha.

"I wouldn't want to eat with you"

"I know, you wont."

"shows like crossfire or hardball, or 'I'm going to kick your ass'

yeah, hopefuly stewart reached some of bush's voting base, the coveted "couch potatoe-24 hour news junkie" ....I've actually watched some of this shit lately, and its honestly designed to be frightening. They go from reporting another "terrorist attack" to talking about how weak Kerry is. And then a hurricane has "devastated" florida again. And then next topic is "does Kerry support troops?"...Then its the scott peterson murder or some other glorified violent crime. then "a sin to vote for Kerry?"...

its no wonder people in their late 40's and up tend to vote republican. tv is fuckin garbage.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob+Oct 15 2004, 08:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Poop Man Bob - Oct 15 2004, 08:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GamblersGrin@Oct 15 2004, 10:36 PM

a link for the video

http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2652831&htv=12

Holy fuck, it's even better than I thought.

[/b]

indeed.

BEGALA: Cheney has raised the issue in the context of campaign appearances.

CARLSON: He has never a single time volunteered anything about his daughter's sexuality.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: And you know that that is true.

BEGALA: August 24, 2004.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: In response to a question. He never a single time...

(CROSSTALK)

BEGALA: He brought her up on the campaign trail.

CARLSON: Yes, I'm sure he did.

(CROSSTALK)

BEGALA: That's just the one that I -- yes, he did. Check it out on Google.

CARLSON: Yes, my lesbian daughter.

(CROSSTALK)

BEGALA: August 24, 2001.

am i the only who think this is funny?

another one

STEWART: So I wanted to come here today and say...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: Here's just what I wanted to tell you guys.

CARLSON: Yes.

STEWART: Stop.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America.

BEGALA: OK. Now

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: And come work for us, because we, as the people...

CARLSON: How do you pay?

STEWART: The people -- not well.

(LAUGHTER)

BEGALA: Better than CNN, I'm sure.

STEWART: But you can sleep at night.

Holy shit, I just watched the video of this and, as seeking said, it has reached a new level of awesome. John stewart calling those two out for being hacks was the most refreshing thing I have seen in a while.

STEWART: See, the thing is, we need your help. Right now, you're helping the politicians and the corporations. And we're left out there to mow our lawns.

BEGALA: By beating up on them? You just said we're too rough on them when they make mistakes.

STEWART: No, no, no, you're not too rough on them. You're part of their strategies. You are partisan, what do you call it, hacks.

STEWART: It's not honest. What you do is not honest. What you do is partisan hackery. And I will tell you why I know it.

CARLSON: You had John Kerry on your show and you sniff his throne and you're accusing us of partisan hackery?

STEWART: Absolutely.

CARLSON: You've got to be kidding me. He comes on and you...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: What is wrong with you?

That shit was just gold, no matter which way you stack it. I enjoyed the excoriation of Begala just as much as I enjoyed the new asshole recieved by Carlson. Go Jon, America loves you.

That was brilliant. Stewart took the words right out of a huge portion of the public's mouth.

I found it funny that bow-tie guy kept mentioning how much more fun stewart is on his own show, as if the guy's supposed to be running his comedy routine every time he makes a media appearance or does an interview. And since when do those bickering goofball pundit shouting matches even approach an atmosphere of "fun" anyway?

"Partisan hacks." Lol. I can't believe he said that to their faces.

Originally posted by Ten Cents@Oct 17 2004, 10:59 PM

That was brilliant. Stewart took the words right out of a huge portion of the public's mouth.

I found it funny that bow-tie guy kept mentioning how much more fun stewart is on his own show, as if the guy's supposed to be running his comedy routine every time he makes a media appearance or does an interview. And since when do those bickering goofball pundit shouting matches even approach an atmosphere of "fun" anyway?

"Partisan hacks." Lol. I can't believe he said that to their faces.

Oy, tucker carlson (:heartbeat:) is far and away the sexiest pundit on TV but I'll be damned if he isn't a complete moron asshole.

"You need a job at a journalism school"

"You need to go to one"

That shit was just :$:

Originally posted by Nekro@Oct 18 2004, 12:30 AM

Oy, tucker carlson (:heartbeat:) is far and away the sexiest pundit on TV

are you fucking high?!

that guy looks slightly retarded.

even if he was the 'sexiest', that's still like being the 'sexiest' girl in the down syndrome ward.

if you wanna burn in hell for all of eternity just to satisfy your voracious lust for carnal hedonism and cock, that's fine, but atleast pick someone hot...someone like michael ian black for instance!

Originally posted by hobo knife@Oct 16 2004, 11:15 AM

....I've actually watched some of this shit lately, and its honestly designed to be frightening. They go from reporting another "terrorist attack" to talking about how weak Kerry is. And then a hurricane has "devastated" florida again. And then next topic is "does Kerry support troops?"...Then its the scott peterson murder or some other glorified violent crime. then "a sin to vote for Kerry?"...

are you serious? has it really gotten that bad? I never watch CNN no more, so I'm clueless, pretty much.