1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

johnsteinbeck--deadguy_or_legend

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by lennydykstra, Apr 23, 2005.

1. lennydykstra

lennydykstra New Jack

johnsteinbeck--deadguy_or_legend

Discussion started by lennydykstra - Apr 23, 2005

For my dough steinbeck is just one of "those" kinds of writers (did he just say that) oh my bad authors, who is a goddamn legend. If your american and can read I think it would be worth your while if you read one (fuckit read all of them) of his books. Cannery Row is a great book that Steinbeck wrote for the troops in Europe and Japan who were wrecking shit on Hitler and Hirohito, respectively (mucho respecto). The grapes of Wrath was written....Blahdyfuckingblah...point taken.
    So spend five bucks or, shit, start racking books. If you ain't got a sense of humor well then I hope you get a brain tumor.
    Lacquer

lennydykstra - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. sarcasm

sarcasm 12oz Elite Member

sarcasm - Replied Apr 23, 2005

he'll be a lengend in the far future, but as of right now. the dude
    was one hell of an author

sarcasm - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. 00

00 12oz Junior Member

00 - Replied Apr 23, 2005

great author.East of Eden is one of favorite books ...ever

00 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  4. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Apr 23, 2005

The Grapes of Wrath is still in my top 10 list of books...it's simple, engaging, and written with meaning...

Cannery Row and that whole section of California is now a super yuppie paradise...it's like gentrification

5. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

rental - Replied Apr 23, 2005

the winter of our discontent, what.

rental - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Apr 23, 2005

I am poison crazy lush

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Apr 23, 2005

I had to read cannery row for a class and found it to be a superb piece of fiction. highly reccomended.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  8. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Apr 23, 2005

No diggity. I've read Of Mice and Men, Cup of Gold, The Pearl, and Grapes of Wrath.

Of those, I enjoyed them all (especially Cup of Gold), except The Pearl. That book sucks the big one.

I hope to read Tortilla Flats soon. That's been strongly suggested to me.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  9. lennydykstra

lennydykstra New Jack

lennydykstra - Replied Apr 24, 2005

Cannery Row and that whole section of California is now a super yuppie paradise...it's like gentrification

more like domination, but that's what happens when someone writes a good book about a place and its inhabitants, loser fucknuts move in and if I may quote the 'dark crystal' suck out its essence, they got the money and they can smell authenticity, I just stare at them and laugh my ass off. Oh well, c'est la vie say the old folks..

lennydykstra - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Apr 24, 2005

tortilla flat is great...shit, all steinbeck books are great. clear voice, simple structure amazing content.