John Peel R.I.P

Locofanclub

A Rarity for me to scribble in white, but its a sad day for all music lovers within the UK, or for people who appreciate everything from Indie through to Punk and back. Radio 1 DJ John Peel died today at the age of 65. The man who loved his music as much as his beloved Liverpool FC.He played anything an deverything on his 1FM show, and was one of those blokes who you could sit down with, over a pint, and talk with. Met him once in Manchester,top man he was, and his death is a sad loss for music.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sad to see him go, he was probably one of my favourite things on the radio

He appreciated good music, whether or not it had mass appeal - and since I was travelling every Saturday morning, I've been listening to Home Truths for about 4 years every Saturday now... I'll probably realise how much I miss it now that it's gone

RIP

Originally posted by LoveKRS@Oct 26 2004, 01:13 PM

Rise in Power John. You've left a big hole mate. You will be missed (you are already).

Conspiracy theory: Radio 1 had him asassinated because they need a slot for another 'yoof' or R(ap) 'n' B(ullshit) show.

whoah, that would be something else. Keep us informed, eh?

I had a check through my entire music collection and virtually everything in there is linked to him in some way. The list of bands and musical styles he gave exposure to is simply mind-blowing. The guy was one of a kind on the airwaves and always seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke too. It's a shame, it really is.

The only "good" to come out of this tragedy for me is that I now have NO reason to listen to radio 1 ever again.

RIP John Peel.

Originally posted by LoveKRS@Oct 26 2004, 07:13 PM

Conspiracy theory: Radio 1 had him asassinated because they need a slot for another 'yoof' or R(ap) 'n' B(ullshit) show.

come on now..i really doubt a radio station are gonna fucking kill someone just to make room for another radio show

he had a heart attack. whoever made that up is an idiot

R.I.P

• 4 weeks later...

I feel it wont be until next year we relies just how bad the death of john peel will be on the music scan in hole, he was responsible for pushing music 'fads' of the time and creating them in to a respectable and valid music form in England he was reasonable for pioneering hip hop, reggae, hardcore, drum and bass and in resent times grime.

a hudge loss.