Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

John Peel R.I.P

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Locofanclub, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Locofanclub

Locofanclub Veteran Member

A Rarity for me to scribble in white, but its a sad day for all music lovers within the UK, or for people who appreciate everything from Indie through to Punk and back. Radio 1 DJ John Peel died today at the age of 65. The man who loved his music as much as his beloved Liverpool FC.He played anything an deverything on his 1FM show, and was one of those blokes who you could sit down with, over a pint, and talk with. Met him once in Manchester,top man he was, and his death is a sad loss for music.

2. Spike

Spike Senior Member

Sad to see him go, he was probably one of my favourite things on the radio

He appreciated good music, whether or not it had mass appeal - and since I was travelling every Saturday morning, I've been listening to Home Truths for about 4 years every Saturday now... I'll probably realise how much I miss it now that it's gone

RIP

3. Locofanclub

Locofanclub Veteran Member

Think about the peel sessions.....The Smiths,Joy Division,The Undertones......The King is dead.Long live King John,
    :king2:

4. LoveKRS

LoveKRS Junior Member

Rise in Power John. You've left a big hole mate. You will be missed (you are already).

Conspiracy theory: Radio 1 had him asassinated because they need a slot for another 'yoof' or R(ap) 'n' B(ullshit) show.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

whoah, that would be something else. Keep us informed, eh?

6. vare_one

vare_one Senior Member

rip john peel rest my dear man

7. phels

phels Junior Member

RIP John, you were like no other and always sounded like a genuinely nice bloke.
    TEENAGE KICKS

8. JuanSinMiedo

JuanSinMiedo Senior Member

Napalm Death / Doom / Extreme Noise Terror peel sessions thumbs up

9. prisoner

prisoner New Jack

that is sad, RIP to a man that always pissed against the hurricane that is britney spears and s club 7

10. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

11. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Hasn't this guy worked with everyone from like Boom Bip/Dose One to Sid Barette? Or is it cool to lable your own stuff a 'Peel Session' these days?

Someone give me a rundown...

RIP, none the less.

12. droptheknife

droptheknife Member

RIP to the Peel. 65 is far too young. Rest In Power

13. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

saw it on the BBC site just the other day...
    RIP..

14. sime

sime Member

I had a check through my entire music collection and virtually everything in there is linked to him in some way. The list of bands and musical styles he gave exposure to is simply mind-blowing. The guy was one of a kind on the airwaves and always seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke too. It's a shame, it really is.

The only "good" to come out of this tragedy for me is that I now have NO reason to listen to radio 1 ever again.

RIP John Peel.

15. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

come on now..i really doubt a radio station are gonna fucking kill someone just to make room for another radio show

he had a heart attack. whoever made that up is an idiot

R.I.P