John Negroponte as NID?

villain

Yes that's right. John Negroponte the Iran Contra felon. This will taint the department of the National Intelligence Director perhaps forever. What country was it that left the "Coalition of the Willing" because of his appointment to the position of Ambassador to Iraq? Someone help me out here. It was a South American country.

And now we are going to make this fuck National Intelligence Director? Something is seriously, seriously wrong here.

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=6&sid=88586

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush plans to name John Negroponte, the United States' current ambassador to the United Nations, as the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, an administration official said Monday.

The president planned to make the announcement in the Oval Office later Monday, the official said.

Bush had recruited the 64-year-old Negroponte from the corporate world to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

In New York, Negroponte, a career foreign service officer, worked to help win agreement on expanding the mandate of an international security force in Afghanistan after the overthrow of the Taliban government.

Negroponte will become ambassador in Baghdad when the United States hands over political power to an interim Iraqi government by a June 30 deadline.

The current top U.S. official in Iraq, L. Paul Bremer, is expected to leave the country once the political transition is completed.

Thousands of U.S. troops will remain in the country even after the political transition is complete.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Although this is an extremely foul and brazen appointment, NOBODY should be surprised......What hella trips me out is how they centralized the power of so many notoriously corrupt agencies under the "all willing" control of a singularly nortorious, corrupt individual.....

How ya gonna appoint someone that filthy.....pleeeeze correct me if i'm wrong but isnt jhonny a convicted felon???????

Burn American Dreams :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred:

Wasn't he balls deep in the whole Nicaragua deal in the 80's?

If so, chalk up another laughable decision of pure hypocrisy for the illiterate boy scout. Because the US is the only country in the world found guilty of INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM by the world court, for what they did in Nicaragua.

This shit is so obvious.

It was honduras that pulled out their 5 troops when he was appointed in iraq. But yea, not too surprising, they already have eighty percent of the reagan-bush administration in office anyway...

...I guess John's experience with arming mercenary armies will come in handy throughout the middle east.

note: Bob dole listed as contra supporter and fund raiser...in 1988

By a slim majority, the House on February 3 rejected a Reagan administration request to renew US government (USG) aid to the proxy army. CIA supply flights into Nicaragua are to continue through February, probably at peak intensity, while the illegal surveillance flights are subject to no limits. Contra supporters and fund-raisers (Robert Dole, General John Singlaub, etc.) announced that they would renew their efforts, reporting that they were "swamped by offers of money and support" after the congressional vote.1 The private and clandestine networks may be reactivated, to be exposed years hence with appropriate laments.

The Reagan administration had prepared for the contingency. After the August 7 accords were signed, CIA flights increased to 2-3 a day to provide a reserve stock of arms and supplies. In November, John Negroponte was appointed Deputy National Security Advisor. Closely associated with Honduran General Alvarez, who presided over mounting state terror as the US role deepened, Negroponte was the proconsul for Honduras from 1981-85, charged with converting Honduras into a base for the US attack against Nicaragua and organizing the proxy army.2 With this appointment, the administration signalled its intent to return to clandestine war if necessary; Congress and the media were silent.

Hmm... I posted the wrong article. This is about his appointment as ambassador to iraq. I guess there wasn't any news articles about his appointment to NID yet when I posted this.

And props to hobo knife for answering the "name that country" question.

Good god the supreme court. Let's just hope they have the wherewithall to weather another four years... shit four years. Hopefully this will end sooner.