JOB HUNT

Frate_Raper

So I’m a seasonal employee right and with that comes the down time called winter. Winter is quickly coming up on us and I’m worried because of the purchase of my Audi and my jet set life style. So I’m looking for some work because Pogie doesn’t help as much as I thought it would, so like many people in my broke ass hood I’m looking for work.

I’ve applied to 7 to 10 jobs a day through the paper and monster.ca, it’s at like 320 jobs I’ve applied for in the last month with 12 CALL BACKS. I’ve been on five interviews and 3 have sucked the big one. I got a dope opportunity designing shoes, which are panning out but what the fuck!

Lets hear your job hunting stories, stupid interview questions and general laughable shit that comes along with a new job!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i avoid this shit at all costs....ive probably been at my latest job for a year and a half and most likely will stay for another year. the are quite a few good things keeping me there at the moment but on those really bad days, when i feel like faxing out my resume on my lunch break, the one thing that has me returning to work the next morning is the prospect of job hunting. i prefer nailing my scrotum to the floor personally....

You knows worse, being told your over qualified for a job.WHAT THE FUCK? I'd be happy if someone that was a dental assistant wanted a job with me laying sod all day. It's cool to have some one around I can talk to with out saying "fuck'n rite bud" about a mustang driving by! So why not have me in your office doing data entry while I have a portfolio of art at home you'd die to have in your ikea mansion!

Originally posted by kaesthebluntedwonder@Nov 25 2004, 04:45 AM

it's all about who you know, and who they know, and all that. networking, connections...i applied for a ton of jobs, which all led nowhere, then i called my old boss, who put me in touch with my new boss, and i've been doing the gig ever since.

so fucking true.

and on top of that, the last "real" interview i went on, this guy analyzed the fuck out of me writing furiously and making comments on my handwriting (not how bad it was, just how he could tell of what kind of person i am through it) unlike most poeple, i almost never get intimidated and i can always seem to keep cool under the whole stupid pressure thing which im thankful for. and theyll always throw in stupid questions asking about your family and how well you get along. what kind of retard is going to say that he hates his family and is furious and rah rah rah. stupid fucking interviews fuck them i need to go back to school.

Originally posted by Frate Raper@Nov 24 2004, 05:47 PM

So I’m a seasonal employee right and with that comes the down time called winter. Winter is quickly coming up on us and I’m worried because of the purchase of my Audi and my jet set life style. So I’m looking for some work because Pogie doesn’t help as much as I thought it would, so like many people in my broke ass hood I’m looking for work.

I’ve applied to 7 to 10 jobs a day through the paper and monster.ca, it’s at like 320 jobs I’ve applied for in the last month with 12 CALL BACKS. I’ve been on five interviews and 3 have sucked the big one. I got a dope opportunity designing shoes, which are panning out but what the fuck!

Lets hear your job hunting stories, stupid interview questions and general laughable shit that comes along with a new job!

ehh just a suggestion...you could look for a place that hires some seasonal help for the christmas rush..ie.ups, fedex etc.

FUCK A CHRISTMAS JOB! I worked at toys r us for years and I refuse to work a shitty job like that again!

My job ends as of the 21st, i've been offered to stay on being paid cash, which means I can get poggie, and work the winter like 3 days a week.The only down fall is snow plowing is gayer then gay!

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks+Nov 25 2004, 12:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ElectricitySucks - Nov 25 2004, 12:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kaesthebluntedwonder@Nov 25 2004, 04:45 AM

it's all about who you know, and who they know, and all that.  networking, connections...i applied for a ton of jobs, which all led nowhere, then i called my old boss, who put me in touch with my new boss, and i've been doing the gig ever since.

so fucking true.

and on top of that, the last "real" interview i went on, this guy analyzed the fuck out of me writing furiously and making comments on my handwriting (not how bad it was, just how he could tell of what kind of person i am through it) unlike most poeple, i almost never get intimidated and i can always seem to keep cool under the whole stupid pressure thing which im thankful for. and theyll always throw in stupid questions asking about your family and how well you get along. what kind of retard is going to say that he hates his family and is furious and rah rah rah. stupid fucking interviews fuck them i need to go back to school.

[/b]

word, i think i'm going back for my master's next year so i can, if i need to, get a gig teaching music...that way, i can do all the side projects i want, gigs and what not, and not have to work a stupid day job that has nothing to do with what i want to be doing. with teaching you're just relearning everything, thus making you better....plus, who can say no to getting summers off, benefits, etc etc...

of course, what i really want to do is just play, be on some albums, and book a tour throughout the country...but if i have a masters it's just an added level of security, because there's no way to know for sure how things will be if you're doing any kind of art.

i hate applying for jobs... and luckily i have had all my jobs basically handed to me

job 1: went to job fair, interview and hired there

job 2: hook up.. friend of a employee 'naw mean?

job 3: went to the store, and simply said, "i would like to work here" bing bang boom hired and started the next day

job 4: applied online.. intewview and donee

and now

job 5: job fair, interview and call back

i HATE canvassing myself