Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

job hatred

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Vanity, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

so a lot of people hate to work (if you enjoy your work, might as well press the back button now).. that's a given.. but i was wondering how much ya'll hate your jobs?

me.. within an hour of leaving on friday, i'm already wincing at the fact that i have to come back on monday.. all day on sunday, i look at the clock thinking "only __ hours til i have to go back."

2. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I've felt that way at a lot of jobs. Especially when I was a car courier in this city that is outrageous to drive in.

And towards the very end of my 3+ year stint as a projectionist, even though I liked the job, I started to get almost panic attacks on the nights before I had to work 14 hours shifts (twice a week) running 6 movie screens on equipment that was built, in some cases, over 70 years ago..

3. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

believe it or not..i've learned to love it.

it sounds corny, but if you go to work everyday with a bad attitude/outlook on your day, it's definitely gonna be shitty. I've been going in with a pretty positive attitude and just letting customer attitudes or employee tudes roll off my back.

now.. on the other hand, other jobs i've had, like circuit city, that shit sucked and i started gettin annoyed on the drive there..

4. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

the last job i had i kept on staring the clock down every good 30minutes.
    it wasn't even a bad job i just rather not have a job at all. i rather live with no job.

5. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

i enjoy construction, actually.

but FUCK macy's.

6. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i have a love/hate relationship with my job...

when im out traveling its great...when i get back to the office i hate it and cant wait to go home and relax. it is what it is though...i have a nice car, a house, and i can spend money without having to stress about it. work is shitty but i cant get enough of the money.

7. crushkilldestroy

crushkilldestroy New Jack

i have a love/hate relationship with my job.

good....
    1. - i get to tell people what to do.
    2. - i have a 2 minute walk to get to work every morning.
    3. - nice fat discount on stuff, including a 5 finger discount for anything pocketsized. i've got a fat collection of pocketknives,
    4. - i know a lot of my customers, and a lot of them are great people.
    5. - i've been there forever, so i've got hella job security.
    6. - i get cheap store demo products/display shelves/etc.....(if anyone lives around kc and wants a krylon rack, gimme a holler. i've got one taking up space in my room)
    7. - i'm the boss, which makes me feel like a big tough guy, even though i'm not at all.

bad....
    1. - i'm the one who gets to calm down irate customers.
    2. - i'm the one who gets to fill in when people call in sick.
    3. - i get paid the same whether i work 40 hours a week or 60 hours a week.
    4. - i have to deal with an asshole DM.
    5. - i can't have a beard (asshole DM)
    6. - i get to relay messages from the asshole DM to my employees, and they all have a tendency to shoot the messenger.
    7. - all of the general bullshit that comes with being the boss.

so yeah, i could go either way. i never imagined myself working at a hardware store, but i guess this is where i ended up.

edit - whoa, that dude above me said the "love/hate" line too. creepy.

8. dojafx

dojafx Member

eh, you'd be pretty pissed too if you worked at wal mart

9. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

im currently unemployed,but the only job i enjoyed was bein a paper boy..i got high at 6 in the morning and walked around my neighborhood throwing up tags..

10. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Dream job.

Other than doing the projectionist thing, which could be really frustrating but was still a good job, I can't think of a job that I had where the positives outweighed the negatives. I've been a:

Dishwasher
    Car courier
    Camp counsler for 3-5 year olds
    CVS photo tech
    TV Delivery/stock boy
    Warehouse worker for Newbury Comics (New England-based CD store chain)
    Graphic designer for a suspected pedophile (as posted on the Ask a Gay Guy thread)
    Stock boy/Retail worker for the local ivy league Barnes and Nobles-owned mega-clothing store

I guess the camp counsler job was ok, but after 4 summers in a row doing it, I got pretty sick of it. Right now I'm doing the job hunt and it's fucking hard without a college degree.

11. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

i just fucking did that. im so bummed out right now......

fuck working

12. GREENOJOS

GREENOJOS Member

i can't wait until i retire. i fucking hate working. its a never ending battle and that drives me crazy. i want closure or to see some sort of end to everything and with work / life there is no such end, until death.

its frusterating the fuck out of me lately

13. smokejuda

smokejuda Member

i got a fuckin felony.. so i really had 2 great jobs working for 2 dope clothing companies... both of em shafetd me becuase im a slack motherfucker...and so after all the shit i went and got a normal job at a camera store and 2 months into the job background check comes up and seeya later alligator.. now i dj in shitty bars playin shitty music on the weekends... job isnt that bad but cant make a livin off of 3 days a week workin.... need more doe....

14. JudgeMathis

JudgeMathis Member

I just quit my job as a telemarketer. i did it for 2 years. that shit fucking sucked.

15. FunktionOne

FunktionOne Member

Fuck...ever job has it's ups and down's
    I never thought I'd say it, but I miss my old assit. manager job at kinko's. Sure I had to take the blame everytime a customers job wasn't finished on time, but hey. I still made the most of it, I got so much shit for free, it's fucking ridiculous... and beter yet in a college town with plenty of good looking design students and clueless sorority girls.

I have trouble keeping a positive attitude with my new job....