Jimi Hendrix.....

shameless self promotion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Axis: Bold As Love, is a truely fantastic song. It is best listened to with a good set of headphones, there are these crazy noises and Jimi played with the balance so it sounds like jet planes are flying through your head, check it out.

Jimi's best work, in my opinion came from the period after he left the experience and tried to get back to his roots, i.e. black audiences. This is when he joined with Billy Cox on bass and Buddy miles on drums (and sometimes vocals) and formed the "Band of Gypsies." The only album this band released is called "Band of Gypsies" and it is a live recordin of a couple of nights of concerts in Harlem. Recently they have re-released this album with about twice as many songs.

So, my favorite Hendrix songs come from this album / period and they are the anti- Vietnam war anthem "Machine Gun," and the generally "feel good" song "Who Knows."

if you ever make it to seattle..You seriously need to check out the Jimi hendrix experiance music project..

The museum is amazing..they have a graff section in the hip hop area..a bunch of pink and dondi stuff..old painted jackets..black books..a mock whole car in the ceiling.videos of course.The reggae exhibit is insane as well.and better..Plus the funk and jazz area..and old punk scene..etc...

Archived