Jigmastas.. ab fab or americas funniest?

BoB Hope ONER

..see..i think this was solid gold.

listened to it for the past week straight.

i think.. you have to get past a few things first..

some cheesy r and b.. hooks.. and something that almost sounds jiggy.

but.. really.. listen to it..

DJSpinna delivers some of the best production hands down ive heard in a damn long time.. well. much anticipated since i bought the ep.. lyrical fluctuation.

anyways.

kriminal. solid MC.. strong delivery.. not fucking the most original delivery but.. solid content too.

have to say.. "Hollar".. reminiscent of brand Nubians "probable cause".. good song.

also the variety on this album really strikes me..

"apology not accepted" with apani b fly. (talk about underrated mcs female or not)

great production on that track.

E.NO.LA.. another emcee who gets featured for just a snippet....on reality check.

..this album has some reasons to believe that... hip hop has a future to me .. in the mainstream.. without having to be .."alternative"(outkast).. or "old school"(j-5) to be accepted.

but we will see.

am i the only one?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Actually haven't heard the album, but I've been a fan for a minute. Caught em live last halloween and they held it.

Mr. Hope, I agree with what you're saying, and there's plenty more groups like the Jigs still pumpin out solid stuff to keep things fresh.

ok.. i thought i was a bit insane..its really all ive been listening to for the past week.. and i havent gotten sick of it.

..like..lyrical mastery..

just..a solid track.. with like primo like ...(not.. exactly..) production.. and aggressive battle style delivery.. in my mind on the level as bumpy just no so damn hostile.

(but i love bumpy.)

..sheeeit...

i've only heard one song by the Jigmastas, and it was called "Till The Day" or something along those lines... and yea, i agree about the lyrics, they're tight as shit, but i hate gay choruses... i like hip hop songs where the whole chorus is just a bunch of samples being scratched and shit... if anyone's every heard the album Independents Finest (which is real dope, by the way) a few songs on that album have choruses like the kind im talking about... if you peep that album, definitely check out the song by Akbar and the one by Milano

Yeah, I was reading an article with Spinna in that "Elemental" magazine and I think Primo was mentioned -- I can see the influence myself, but he's still on the original tip.

I like this "type" of hip hop - the kind that doesn't wear itself out too quick with flashy samples. I can still throw on an old Polyrhythm cut and be feelin it.

Please check out Mass Influence if you haven't already -- my opinion = them being dope.

Originally posted by Trend:

i've only heard one song by the Jigmastas, and it was called "Till The Day" or something along those lines... and yea, i agree about the lyrics, they're tight as shit, but i hate gay choruses... i like hip hop songs where the whole chorus is just a bunch of samples being scratched and shit... if anyone's every heard the album Independents Finest (which is real dope, by the way) a few songs on that album have choruses like the kind im talking about... if you peep that album, definitely check out the song by Akbar and the one by Milano

primo does alot of choruses like that, in my oppinoin, the best song on independents finest is the first track, "smackdown" by apathy. iv never really liked any of akbars tracks, the beats never really were my thing, except the remix of "hot ya hot" thats on laid in full 3

They're named Jigmasta's, but they are good! Across the Globe is an oldy but goody. I love that one man, no jokes. I haven't heard the new one, but my two cents...

Originally posted by dosoner:

primo does alot of choruses like that, in my oppinoin, the best song on independents finest is the first track, "smackdown" by apathy. iv never really liked any of akbars tracks, the beats never really were my thing, except the remix of "hot ya hot" thats on laid in full 3

yea, that's why i love Premier so much... and yea, that smackdown song is dope too, but the beat kind of annoys me... i do like one line in particular though:

"Im nobody in this rap game (Why?) cuz nobody is perfect"

and yea, the Akbar beat isn't too amazing, but i like his lyrics a lot...

Archived